The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 19, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,383 of 6,859
Well what a shock. Added my ALAC library to MusicBee. Updated the R3 firmware. Plugged it in and added an album to it, aaaaaaaaaand, it doesn't work.

And people ****in wonder why Apple are so successful! Their stuff just works.
Yet another pile of Chinese crap I have to return.

Tried ALAC, FLAC and AIFF both with MusicBee and Windows Explorer. Scan for music, 'No Music Found'

What a load of crap.

(Micro SD is a Sandisk Ultra 400Gb U1 Formatted to exFAT and NTFS)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #4,384 of 6,859
Well what a shock. Added my ALAC library to MusicBee. Updated the R3 firmware. Plugged it in and added an album to it, aaaaaaaaaand, it doesn't work.

Yet another pile of Hong-Kong crap I have to return.

Tried ALAC, FLAC and AIFF both with MusicBee and Windows Explorer. Scan for music, 'No Music Found'

What a load of crap.

Had some 24/48 WAVs sitting on the harddrive, so just used dbPoweramp to convert to Apple Lossless, tagged them, drag & dropped them onto the R3, updated the database...played no problem. On the latest firmware (1.14).

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #4,385 of 6,859
Nope. No luck.
On v1.14.
Dragged and dropped onto ‘Removable Disk G:’

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #4,386 of 6,859
Nope. No luck.
On v1.14.
Dragged and dropped onto ‘Removable Disk G:’
I have all my music in a folder called music in the root of the sd card. Everything plays.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #4,388 of 6,859
Anyone else notice the Bluetooth is crap? I literally can't put it in my pocket without getting interruptions in the connection.

What you using? SBC,Aptx or LDAC?

SBC & LDAC seems to be stable now.

Yet another pile of Hong-Kong crap I have to return.

What a load of crap.

Did you select update database from settings?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #4,390 of 6,859
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #4,391 of 6,859
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #4,392 of 6,859
Can you browse to the Folder (or Files, I don't remember the exact name) view on the R3 to see if the files you copied are actually there?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 20, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #4,393 of 6,859
I want to give some unsolicited advise to Hiby... customer support is important. Customer interaction even more so.. I dont think anyone should behave like Sony.

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #4,394 of 6,859
Apologise. Chinese crap.
It certainly isn’t Fostex that’s for sure!

No worries.

Honestly I'm also a bit disappointed with the R3 - not only with the device itself but the head-fi (not just this forum, but around the internet in general) community's inability to point out the many software flaws and bugs with the device, especially for one that is being sold as a supposedly very tech-smart and capable device. This device would make a case study of what's it like for the customers acting as beta-tester of the tech-gadget world.

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #4,395 of 6,859
Can you browse to the Folder (or Files, I don't remember the exact name) view on the R3 to see if the files you copied are actually there?
No, it will copy the files to the SD card as a ‘removable storage g:’ but that’s it.
All views on the device just say ‘No Music Found’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back