The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 19, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #4,021 of 6,859
Hope @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble share some news, at least there is some FW development and updating for China which I hope will also be pushed to international versions soon.

I hope they are ok. Seeing a flood of messages in your notifications can be daunting, but we do appreciate any updates.

The new Chinese firmware is a good sign. It means they have a mission critical build that can be publically deployed. Any game breaking bugs before the international release will hopefully be identified before it drops.

It also means that a new firmware is incoming. Something that brought me back to DAPs was the propensity for companies to improve their offering. This is what makes decent companies good, as their product should evolve as they are used in the field. If you bought a DX200 on release and have held on to it till it matured without writing it off right off the bat, you are probably happier now with the performance then when you first got it. Sure, you had to wait... but without all that user testing, how would the company have known what to improve?

Product development cycles still exists even after it's sold to the end user. Let's hope Hiby continues to improve its OS as new products adopt it, and I will remain patient and hopeful (especially for LDAC, hint hint). I'll leave it to @Hawaiibadboy to play bad cop, as he does it so well and to much enjoyment from my end (keep up the great vids, bud).

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #4,022 of 6,859
There are some interesting features implemented in the new firmware on the China version R3:

1) First of all, the implementation of LDAC on R3 (finally get the approval from Sony).

2) USB Audio In -> Bluetooh Out.

The R3 can acts as the USB DAC when connecting to PC, and can transmit the sound through Bluetooh to wireless earphones/headphones (speakers).

3) Bluetooh In -> USB Audio Out.

When connecting the handphone with R3 through Bluetooh, the R3 can act as wireless DAC.

4) WiFi(DLNA / AirPlay) -> R3 -> USB Audio Out.

This the souce (written in Chinese):
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/NAoSax-SaA1Dx9_L3beMIA

Aug 19, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #4,023 of 6,859
Hiby seems dead.. No response nowhere... Send my list of bugs in many many weeks ago.. And no response via Facebook, Email, forum..
@Joe Bloggs, do not leave us alone here... Your product needs a mass of improvements before we can recommend it to others.. Please do not make us regret this thing here..

Aug 19, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #4,024 of 6,859
There are some interesting features implemented in the new firmware on the China version R3:

1) First of all, the implementation of LDAC on R3 (finally get the approval from Sony).

2) USB Audio In -> Bluetooh Out.

The R3 can acts as the USB DAC when connecting to PC, and can transmit the sound through Bluetooh to wireless earphones/headphones (speakers).

3) Bluetooh In -> USB Audio Out.

When connecting the handphone with R3 through Bluetooh, the R3 can act as wireless DAC.

4) WiFi(DLNA / AirPlay) -> R3 -> USB Audio Out.

This the souce (written in Chinese):
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/NAoSax-SaA1Dx9_L3beMIA

:thumbsup:Well that’s great news & good start, hopefully more big improvements down the road sooner than later!

Aug 19, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #4,025 of 6,859
Hope @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble share some news, at least there is some FW development and updating for China which I hope will also be pushed to international versions soon.
I read in one of these Hiby threads that @JoeBloggs is no longer employed with Hiby. I don't know how true that is but he has not been replying to my PMs, which is not very nice either.

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #4,026 of 6,859
Indeed, LDAC is implemented in last 1.12 firmware for Chinese version of R3.

K21V3STl.jpg

Have no idea if this really works though, no way to check at the moment.

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #4,027 of 6,859
Does anyone know how to build a playlist to contain full albums and not song by song?
When I travel I like to decide the 10-20 albums for such trip, inside R3 the only option I have found is adding song by song.
Even if the solution is to use a tool in my PC to transfer the playlist later it is OK
Thanks

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #4,030 of 6,859
I am progressing with my decision on which IEMs with balanced cable to buy.

Meanwhike I would like to ask those have the chance to test R3 in SE and balanced, how is worth the balanced output vs SE.
I reckon you should get that balanced cable. BTW which iem have you shortlisted?

Aug 19, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #4,031 of 6,859

Does anyone know how to build a playlist to contain full albums and not song by song?
When I travel I like to decide the 10-20 albums for such trip, inside R3 the only option I have found is adding song by song.
Even if the solution is to use a tool in my PC to transfer the playlist later it is OK
Thanks

In Album section you can mark any album you need and add all marked albums to your playlist.
Besides, you can create a new playlist directly at R3, no PC is needed.
At least this feature is available at last 1.12 CN firmware, if global FW does not let do it, next update will come soon.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #4,035 of 6,859

In Album section you can mark any album you need and add all marked albums to your playlist.
Besides, you can create a new playlist directly at R3, no PC is needed.
At least this feature is available at last 1.12 CN firmware, if global FW does not let do it, next update will come soon.
Thanks, I will try and if not I will wait for global firmware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back