The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 15, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #3,995 of 6,859
ADB (Android Debug Bridge). I doubt it will work, as far as I know the R3 is not an Android device.

Don't doubt, Android has the same linux core and it does't matter where ADB implemented. ADB works on Shanling M2s player with custom scripts. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong...

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #3,996 of 6,859
I exactly did this with the unplugged R3 and i could see the system rebooting. I can see the menu and also the volume curve going up and down wenn i press the buttons. But the screen stays dark showing everything as a green shadow.

Looks like a backlight issue?
I would contact the supplier and maybe support@Hiby via website

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #3,997 of 6,859
Backlight Issue sounds plausible.

I already started making unboxing fotos for a review. :grin: I hope there will be stock soon within the EU region. The shops are still waiting for a delivery date.

The first impressions about haptics and optics are very good. Also the size is very well chosen from Hiby. Im really triggered and want to play and listen to the device. I have to be patient even if its hard.

Lets say: At least i have something i can look forward too. If the small toy delivers i may also try the bigger brother.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #3,998 of 6,859
A4691161-627C-4DE7-8BCC-441B727355E3.jpeg D5BA4AF0-D9D9-4A60-9B43-771C3C966F23.jpeg
Another update of the R3-Mojo housing.
I had to learn some more about the Fusion 360 design program to solve the remaining issues, but I think I have a working solution!y
Prototype is being printed now. The 2 halves snap together, fit should finally be just right, and the breakouts are giving good access to all ports.
It turned out well! First working sample!

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #3,999 of 6,859
Hi everyone I have just purchased this device! Would like to check if the scroll bar on the side supports dragging (like click and dragging the scroll bar on a computer) to quickly scroll through a list especially in folder view? Thanks!
It does, but because the screen is small it can be tricky to activate the alphabetic search method on the right-hand side of the list.

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #4,000 of 6,859

It turned out well! First working sample!

I have to report back - this package is great! I knew the sound is great, but in this package it is also great to handle.
Holding it in my left hand the middle finger comfortably reaches the track controls on the right side. A slight change of position lets me use the thumb to operate the R3 touch screen.
When using the Shanling USB cable I can flip the package 90 deg clockwise to reach the Mojo volume controls with my thumb, or when using the Hiby coax cable I can operate the volume rocker on the left side of the R3 with my thumb.
And finally the frame around the Hiby screen provides a guide to rest the finger against when scrolling a list with the index list on the right side of the frame.
Overall this “sound-brick” feels good and weighty in my hand, I would almost say better and more secure than the R3 alone.

It took many hours of design work and many prototypes, but it is really satisfying to hold the result in my hands.
I have a few additional ideas of how to improve the design, but the current design works already better than I hoped for.

Aug 16, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #4,001 of 6,859
I have to report back - this package is great! I knew the sound is great, but in this package it is also great to handle.
Holding it in my left hand the middle finger comfortably reaches the track controls on the right side. A slight change of position lets me use the thumb to operate the R3 touch screen.
When using the Shanling USB cable I can flip the package 90 deg clockwise to reach the Mojo volume controls with my thumb, or when using the Hiby coax cable I can operate the volume rocker on the left side of the R3 with my thumb.
And finally the frame around the Hiby screen provides a guide to rest the finger against when scrolling a list with the index list on the right side of the frame.
Overall this “sound-brick” feels good and weighty in my hand, I would almost say better and more secure than the R3 alone.

It took many hours of design work and many prototypes, but it is really satisfying to hold the result in my hands.
I have a few additional ideas of how to improve the design, but the current design works already better than I hoped for.

Hey. Great work and it is gorgeous. I use the same set up and strip R3+Mojo together with rubber bands. Sometimes I accidentally switch off the Mojo when holding the rip. Any similar experience?

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #4,002 of 6,859
Hey. Great work and it is gorgeous. I use the same set up and strip R3+Mojo together with rubber bands. Sometimes I accidentally switch off the Mojo when holding the rip. Any similar experience?

Thanks!
Didn’t happen so far. I checked, and I suppose it would be possible, but i would have to hold it in a specific position and hold it quite tight. Since it lies in my hand very securely I don’t think that would happen easily or frequently.
I realized that the Mojo cutouts really make it more secure and comfortable to hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back