The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #301 of 6,859
Hopefully they get the rest of the R6 orders out before this launches.
They should. While the hiby r3 funding goes on, production of the r3 will continue and the pending r6 shipments will be shipped.

Mar 20, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #303 of 6,859
I am looking forward to some comments on how the sound of the unit compares with other units at this price point.

It seems self evident that the unit offers a lot of features for the money (presumed price of $229)
The reviews are coming out on 22nd/23rd march from headfonia, headfonics and audioholikz as told by them. So yeah, lets just wait for it.

Edit: its actually 21st/22nd. Also you can view the hiby r3 diaries made by @Hawaiibadboy to get a feel of how it may sound.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #305 of 6,859
Mar 20, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #307 of 6,859
No worries, waiting just like you! I have been eyeing the Cowon Plenue D as well, Cowon signature is good and the battery lasts for ever. I travel and hike so some big advantages there...but R3 is darn cool.
You know i have been waiting for this since November. I am purchasing this alongside my cayin n3. I did not sell the n3 so that i could compare the r3 with it. Also as you go on hikes, you could take a small powerbank to charge your daps on the go.

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #309 of 6,859
That AP200 sure was bad with the Firmware stuff, sound wise however I quite liked it. When it worked.

To be fair you’re right; the sound wasn’t too bad, but the bad firmware and lack of promised features, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I’d love an R6 or something else more high end, but unfortunately strapped for cash! The promise of the R3’s features and stability makes it almost a perfect dap for now until I can get into something high end.

So as long as the R3 sounds as good, if not better then the AP200 I’m sold! Hopefully someone will have a very quick and basic comparison soon, cough.... @Hawaiibadboy cough... :)

Cheers

EDIT: if the AP200 worked with say a Mojo with out issues (tested and it sucked bad) I’d go a Mojo/AP200 combo as my headphones blow me away connected to a mojo/AK70 setup.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #310 of 6,859
To be fair you’re right; the sound wasn’t too bad, but the bad firmware and lack of promised features, it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I’d love an R6 or something else more high end, but unfortunately strapped for cash! The promise of the R3’s features and stability makes it almost a perfect dap for now until I can get into something high end.

So as long as the R3 sounds as good, if not better then the AP200 I’m sold! Hopefully someone will have a very quick and basic comparison soon, cough.... @Hawaiibadboy cough... :)

Cheers

EDIT: if the AP200 worked with say a Mojo with out issues (tested and it sucked bad) I’d go a Mojo/AP200 combo as my headphones blow me away connected to a mojo/AK70 setup.

As a person that has received 4 free items from Hidizs, let me say clearly, If a company does not honor their own promises then do not bless them with your trust, money or any form of belief or loyalty.
I would rec the R3 over the AP200 right here and now.

To go a step further, I cannot rec R3 over other items yet because it's fw is beta and I am not getting the full experience Hiby as built for the R3. That is nobody's fault yet as I am a knowing beta user. It never crashes, sounds fantastic but it is not a full experience. I hope to get a full consumer level device someday but it does everything that it has and is shown in vids. Rec over ap200?

Just did :wink:

Mar 21, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #311 of 6,859
Hopefully they get the rest of the R6 orders out before this launches.

No (not if you mean delivering to all InDemand late backers of the R6 by the 27th) but the R3 project has actually been beneficial to the R6 production in that it has finally given mass production appeal to our profile at an affordable price. It has allowed us to hook up with upscale factories that will produce both the R3 and R6 faster and more reliably than the R6 alone :L3000:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #315 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs Joe in this world of exceeded expectations would it be unreasonable to hope for a tour unit for India?
I have a feeling this might sell well here, considering the form factor and pricing, though Tidal or Spotify are yet to see the light of day here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back