The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 29, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #3,061 of 6,859
I got an email from HiBy with a DHL tracking number a few hours after posting my tracking number here asking about shipping. I haven't received anything directly from DHL.

Well if you received a DHL tracking # I would assume DHL will deliver. I just think it’s weird I got mine delivered by fed ex.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #3,062 of 6,859
Well if you received a DHL tracking # I would assume DHL will deliver. I just think it’s weird I got mine delivered by fed ex.

I expect DHL will deliver it also. I just mention I haven't received anything from DHL because I remember some people saying they had a text from DHL with tracking info. It could be that they're signed up for package notifications from DHL and I'm not though.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #3,067 of 6,859
I ordered the leather case as well and am still waiting. As much as they say it shouldn't matter it's definitely starting to seem like that's what the delay is.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #3,069 of 6,859
Just had an email and orders with leather case will be delayed until the end of the month......................................................thats a long time..................................

Good news for those who did not order the case though as they are now organising shipments.

Hiby's quote.

we want to thank you again for your support and patience, it has been a great trip and we want to finish it in the best possible way.

We have already finished the production of the black version and part of the gray version. Unfortunately, we have bad news, all the production of leather cases is delayed, since the first samples were not so good, so we had to have our supplier check the structure of the leather case.

The expected end date for leather cases is towards the end of June, so we can only send orders that do not include the leather case. Orders that include leather cases will be shipped at the end of the month. We apologize again for this delay.

We have had numerous requests for images of the leather case. In the next update, we will finally show the complete progression of the leather case: the myth, the legend, all 101 versions (or similar) that did not reach production because they were not completely perfect ...: wink:

We have already sent some orders for black R3, but it will take a little time for the transport company to process the customs procedures. Once we have the tracking numbers, we will send them to you by email, stay tuned. We will keep everyone updated on the status of the shipment.

Here is a message from a while ago (June 5th) about the shipping of the leather cases. The black devices without leather cases were already shipping when HiBy issued the comments above. Since it's now the end of June and there hasn't been a shipping update in 10 days, I wouldn't be surprised if my device arrives with the leather case in the box.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #3,070 of 6,859
Put a brand new 128GB Samsung in mine a few days ago. Seems to be fine. Came already formatted as FAT32 & worked out of the 'box'
Will this do it? I appreciate your response
Samsung 128.jpg

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #3,071 of 6,859
It's a shame. They have created a total fiasco by giving out false information about shipping. We can make conjectures about what is really going on, but Hiby's silence here is telling me they are not ready to tell the truth. I'm a patient person but don't like being lied to. They have ruined their credibility.
One thing for sure: A shipping label created does not need an actual unit. They created shipping labels but never delivered units to DHL. Blaming anonymous "shipping agencv" that has not been identified -too convenient, I don't believe that.
Backer#97 / Shipping label from DHL on 6/20 / grey / leather case / USA.............nothing since
It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. I'm happy for those who got units. For those who haven't, hang in there. Eventually they will get them out. Will they recover their credibility, we'll see. They have to do better than how they've handled it so far.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #3,074 of 6,859
I got a purple M0 but it’s DOA, looks really cool though :wink:
Ha i bet you were so disappointed with that ..i hate when i buy new gear it does not work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back