The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #2,761 of 6,859
I'm having an issue with my R3. When I listen on shuffle, the second song is always the same song and skipping it does absolutely nothing but restart the song (both with software and hardware buttons). When I do skip, the number of the song changes, but the song stays the same. I've tried deleting the problematic songs but it seems to be an issue to do with the player not recognising the character set (for instance, one of the problematic songs is called €666).

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the R3.

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #2,762 of 6,859
The Hiby R3 and Chord Mojo are pretty much a perfect pairing, sound and size wise. Also thanks to the Hiby short coax cable making this setup looking so clean.

I also used 3M velcro strip to stack instead of rubber bands to keep it neat and tidy and not blocking the screen. With velcro, I can also separate both devices easily when needed.

A long wait, but ultimately worth it. Can't wait for the addition of LDAC!

MA2FS6B.jpg

auPIhNr.jpg

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #2,763 of 6,859
20180625_135946.jpg Well riddle me this ..look what turned up this morning my Hiby R3 and type-c 3.5mm to coaxial adapter sans leather case ..Thanks hiby... but you are still not off the hook the shipping has been a disaster i am nos 13** and backers way below me have still not received theirs they should have been priority ..

I will be comparing this to my Sony A45 just to check the UI and sound i am keeping my fingers crossed it does not sound too neutral ..i will also be stacking with my FIIO A5

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #2,764 of 6,859
I will be comparing this to my Sony A45 just to check the UI and sound i am keeping my fingers crossed it does not sound too neutral ..i will also be stacking with my FIIO A5
Please update when you've tried stacking with your A5! It'll be much appreciated. I'm considering buying one and would like some thoughts on the pairing

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #2,765 of 6,859
Playlists still don't work for me either. I can open them from file explorer but it doesn't load up in the Playlists section of the R3.
Have you tried going through the "browse" mode, or are you using "category" mode? Previous Hiby firmware iterations didn't put external playlists under the Category-M3UList menu, for reasons that defy rational explanation, but you could play M3U lists if you browse the folder structure of your storage.

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,767 of 6,859
Ordered Grey R3 w No Cable, No Case,
NO SHIPPING INFO / NO TRACKING NUMBER!!!
SPRING HAS LONGVSINCE GONE... IT’S SUMMER NOW !!!

Get Your SH!T Together !!!

Please...

Sorry to keep you waiting. We have shipped all black and gray units except 16 backers have not provided their shipping address.
Please supply your backer No. and I'ill check the track # if it is available.
Don't worry please, yours is on the way.

Jun 25, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #2,769 of 6,859
The Hiby R3 and Chord Mojo are pretty much a perfect pairing, sound and size wise. Also thanks to the Hiby short coax cable making this setup looking so clean.

I also used 3M velcro strip to stack instead of rubber bands to keep it neat and tidy and not blocking the screen. With velcro, I can also separate both devices easily when needed.

MA2FS6B.jpg

auPIhNr.jpg
NICE!!!!! :ksc75smile::L3000::beyersmile: Enjoy and report please!

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #2,770 of 6,859
Is the screen protector that is included with the manual for the front or back? I'm assuming the front has no screen protector (based on the feel of it). surprised that its pretty small and doesnt fit the screen.

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #2,772 of 6,859
mine had the screen protectors already applied to the front and back
I just had to peel off the external mylar sheet

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #2,773 of 6,859

Looks Great ! How does it sound?

Wonder if your WIFI and/or Bluetooth(+ eventual LDAC Transmission) will be affected by the MOJO blocking the back side ? Suspect signals will only come out through the screen side when connected to the Mojo...
- Same thing happens if you place ANY phone or Wireless DAP with the backside (or frontside) on a Metal or Heavy Dense Surface I suppose...
(Though you might have the R3 detached when you use bluetooth/LDAC headphones)

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2,775 of 6,859
Ordered Grey R3 w No Cable, No Case,
NO SHIPPING INFO / NO TRACKING NUMBER!!!
SPRING HAS LONGVSINCE GONE... IT’S SUMMER NOW !!!

Get Your SH!T Together !!!

Please...
Same situation exactly. Waiting patiently. But I have a high backer number so not expecting anything soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back