The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #2,536 of 6,859
Read from HiBy User Group on Facebook, backer #2 is still waiting for his R3 to come, day by day.

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,537 of 6,859
Some ppl on here can make fun of some of us for not receiving what we paid for ..we have every right to voice our frustrations i got pulled in with the hype regrettably ....NEVER AGAIN!!

Once again, we did not pay for a product. We all pledged money to financially support a development and production effort. There are rewards associated with different pledge amounts that one MAY receive, based on the amount one pledged, if the Kickstarter crowd funding effort is successful in meeting it's stated monetary goals. There are no guarantees that anyone will receive anything for backing a crowd funding drive through sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

The most important thing to remember here is that we did not purchase any product when we pledged money to back HiBy's Kickstarter crowd funding drive effort to help fund their R3 development and production effort. All we did was pledge money toward their stated goal.

Kickstarter provides one with all of the information one needs to fully understand that one's financial pledge is not payment for goods and services. This information is provided to everyone viewing any Kickstarter campaign to ensure that everyone understands that they are not purchasing anything by pledging to back a crowd funding campaign. One would have to purposely not read the prominently displayed Kickstarter provided information when viewing a Kickstarter campaign to miss this vitally important detail.

All of this said, HiBy had already successfully completed a crowd funding effort via Indiegogo for their R6 DAP, and subsequently shipped to all backers all of the rewards associated with each backers monetary pledge amount. The HiBy R3 campaign was as close to a sure thing as one will find in a crowd funding campaign - and it's paying off for everyone whose pledge amount was successfully collected by HiBy at the end of the campaign.

What this means in practical terms is that HiBy is now shipping the rewards associated with each backers monetary pledge amount, along with all of the rewards associated with the campaigns financial goals, to every backer in the R3 campaign.

So, though you did not actually purchase a HiBy R3, you will be receiving one (or more, based on your pledge contribution) along with any additional reward items associated with your monetary contribution amount.

Was the campaign handled well? By way of comparison to their R6 campaign, it was clearly not managed as well. By way of comparison with the majority of crowd funding campaigns the R3's campaign was managed very well, and shipment of rewards to backers is happening quickly following the campaigns successful completion.

You may not see it this way but, if you didn't clearly understand that which you were funding when you chose to back the HiBy campaign then you seriously lucked out. There are many, many people who have pledged a lot more money to campaigns that succeeded financially but have never received the rewards one hopes to receive at a campaigns completion. Meanwhile, here on the R3 campaign most rewards have been shipped, with the remainder to be shipped this week (save for the leather cases, which will ship in a couple of weeks).

So, while you didn't actually purchase anything you will receive that which you seem to think you purchased anyway. If you readjust your perspective to align with the reality of your situation your frustration will be alleviated and you may look forward to receiving very soon what is clearly a fantastic sounding DAP at a significant price break.

If you feel that this whole thing was hype that has not met with your hype-induced expectations then you would do well to avoid crowd funding campaigns in the future as they will never truly meet your misplaced expectations.

I hope that this post does not come off as condescension. This was not my intent in the least. My intention was to provide accurate information in hopes that doing so would help reset unrealistic expectations regarding crowd funding campaigns.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #2,538 of 6,859
Its not any more about Kickstarter inter alia if we funded a product or the development of an idea etc., and the fine-print its more about HIby's reputation on the line and also the R9 :wink:

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #2,539 of 6,859
All that early bird / early number does not work at all.
They sent a portion last week randomly without any logic behind.

I'm #17, black - no tracking number, nothing...

Yours has definitely been shipped out.

Perhaps we should have made our shipments without phone no. information to make sure that NOBODY would receive an SMS from DHL or Fedex instead of from us (of which we haven't sent out a single message yet because still tallying everything up and the need to send them out sequentially)

EDIT: see below update

:frowning2:

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #2,540 of 6,859
Once again, we did not pay for a product. We all pledged money to financially support a development and production effort. There are rewards associated with different pledge amounts that one MAY receive, based on the amount one pledged, if the Kickstarter crowd funding effort is successful in meeting it's stated monetary goals. There are no guarantees that anyone will receive anything for backing a crowd funding drive through sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

The most important thing to remember here is that we did not purchase any product when we pledged money to back HiBy's Kickstarter crowd funding drive effort to help fund their R3 development and production effort. All we did was pledge money toward their stated goal.

Kickstarter provides one with all of the information one needs to fully understand that one's financial pledge is not payment for goods and services. This information is provided to everyone viewing any Kickstarter campaign to ensure that everyone understands that they are not purchasing anything by pledging to back a crowd funding campaign. One would have to purposely not read the prominently displayed Kickstarter provided information when viewing a Kickstarter campaign to miss this vitally important detail.

All of this said, HiBy had already successfully completed a crowd funding effort via Indiegogo for their R6 DAP, and subsequently shipped to all backers all of the rewards associated with each backers monetary pledge amount. The HiBy R3 campaign was as close to a sure thing as one will find in a crowd funding campaign - and it's paying off for everyone whose pledge amount was successfully collected by HiBy at the end of the campaign.

What this means in practical terms is that HiBy is now shipping the rewards associated with each backers monetary pledge amount, along with all of the rewards associated with the campaigns financial goals, to every backer in the R3 campaign.

So, though you did not actually purchase a HiBy R3, you will be receiving one (or more, based on your pledge contribution) along with any additional reward items associated with your monetary contribution amount.

Was the campaign handled well? By way of comparison to their R6 campaign, it was clearly not managed as well. By way of comparison with the majority of crowd funding campaigns the R3's campaign was managed very well, and shipment of rewards to backers is happening quickly following the campaigns successful completion.

You may not see it this way but, if you didn't clearly understand that which you were funding when you chose to back the HiBy campaign then you seriously lucked out. There are many, many people who have pledged a lot more money to campaigns that succeeded financially but have never received the rewards one hopes to receive at a campaigns completion. Meanwhile, here on the R3 campaign most rewards have been shipped, with the remainder to be shipped this week (save for the leather cases, which will ship in a couple of weeks).

So, while you didn't actually purchase anything you will receive that which you seem to think you purchased anyway. If you readjust your perspective to align with the reality of your situation your frustration will be alleviated and you may look forward to receiving very soon what is clearly a fantastic sounding DAP at a significant price break.

If you feel that this whole thing was hype that has not met with your hype-induced expectations then you would do well to avoid crowd funding campaigns in the future as they will never truly meet your misplaced expectations.

I hope that this post does not come off as condescension. This was not my intent in the least. My intention was to provide accurate information in hopes that doing so would help reset unrealistic expectations regarding crowd funding campaigns.

Good post! I have never backed a kickstarter campaign before, but I have heard of people pledging money and then the product or project never coming to fruition and basically losing their $$.

So that does put a different slant on things, as I’m sure everybody will get their R3s and cases eventually. That said I can still understand the frustration on the way these things are being shipped out- all sixes and sevens!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #2,541 of 6,859
No wonder my tracking status says "shipping information shared with logistics company" since the last 4 days

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #2,542 of 6,859
Its not any more about Kickstarter inter alia if we funded a product or the development of an idea etc., and the fine-print its more about HIby's reputation on the line and also the R9 :wink:

Super did you get yours yet? Or a shipping alert? Lol ok didn’t see your post above mine. So you did get shipping info I take it.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #2,543 of 6,859
Super did you get yours yet? Or a shipping alert?
I got an email from Hiby with the tracking # but as i mentioned it hasn't been updated since the last 4 days :frowning2:
However, that hasn't stopped me from enjoy some tunes from the zx300 and the Meze 99c on balanced. :wink:

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #2,544 of 6,859

I agree. I would also expect that when the dust settles HiBy will have two excellent DAP's on the market, along with a reputation to match. This campaign, if a little disorganized after completion will be regarded as a success by most backers, and will have no meaningful impact on retail sales besides. With the R6 and R3 on the market an R9 (assuming as well implemented as the prior two DAP's) will likely be a resounding success.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #2,546 of 6,859
I agree. I would also expect that when the dust settles HiBy will have two excellent DAP's on the market, along with a reputation to match. This campaign, if a little disorganized after completion will be regarded as a success by most backers, and will have no meaningful impact on retail sales besides. With the R6 and R3 on the market an R9 (assuming as well implemented as the prior two DAP's) will likely be a resounding success.
R9 with a ESS 9038PRO

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2,547 of 6,859

Well said. I have personally pledged to a few campaigns that fizzled out before the final product was finished. I'm still waiting to this day for a product 2½ years after the campaign was fully funded(production was supposed to start after 6 months).

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #2,548 of 6,859
In other news,

For full disclosure: when we were told by our shipping director that all black units could be shipped out last week if she did it her way, we decided to let her have at it--shipping everybody's players out within days of each other seemed like a good enough approximation of shipping out in order to us. The alternative (cancelling all shipment bookings to re-order the shipments) would probably have meant shipping out only a fraction of the units last week while even the first backers would not get their player any sooner.

Grey units were shipped strictly in order last week.

But of course some units were shipped completely out of order before the correction last week and the early open-box impressions available now are largely from these recipients. (We're sorry!)

Apparently, unbeknownst to me, shipping notifications are also being given out willy-nilly as they became available, out of backer order and not even following shipping order. That's it--people here officially have not the PR sense god gave a stump :thermometer_face:

But then are you paying for PR acumen or paying to receive your R3 ASAP?

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 19, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #2,549 of 6,859
Yours has definitely been shipped out.

Perhaps we should have made our shipments without phone no. information to make sure that NOBODY would receive an SMS from DHL or Fedex instead of from us (of which we haven't sent out a single message yet because still tallying everything up and the need to send them out sequentially)

:frowning2:
No. I did not get any email or notification. The information was 100% full and precise including the phone number.
If that was shipped then Joe can you please help with getting my tracking number?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back