The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Jul 21, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #436 of 719
  I was sold a pure crap cable from the get go for my TF10. It unraveled and turned a funky color. I sent it in for repairs, got the connectors fixed, was charged $20 for a right angle plug to be installed and he didn't put one on. The cable is long gone in the trash, before I MIGHT be told its my fault, my Fiio has been flawless.

That's a shame mate, maybe it got damaged in transit? o_O

Hopefully Ted packs by cable neatly to avoid such injury. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #437 of 719

That's a shame mate, maybe it got damaged in transit? o_O

Hopefully Ted packs by cable neatly to avoid such injury. 

Nope, it was just a cheap cable at a cheap price, yet not cheaper than my Fiio. There were things I liked about it, but in the end, it was crap. I have been through many cables, for a while it was me being too rough on them, but the things his cable did, wasn't from me.

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #438 of 719

Nope, it was just a cheap cable at a cheap price, yet not cheaper than my Fiio. There were things I liked about it, but in the end, it was crap. I have been through many cables, for a while it was me being too rough on them, but the things his cable did, wasn't from me.

Haha, I understand, I was merely playing with you about the transit thing. 
tongue.gif

I've not tried Ted's cable before so I cannot judge. I can tell you though I wasn't going to find a more reasonable price and someone willing to terminate a Pono Player dual entry (3.5mm) cable anywhere else. Then add our current weak Australian dollar it was the most sensible option. It will simply be used around the house, laying down etc.. so fingers crossed. 

Thanks for the heads up though! 
smile.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #439 of 719

Haha, I understand, I was merely playing with you about the transit thing. 
tongue.gif

I've not tried Ted's cable before so I cannot judge. I can tell you though I wasn't going to find a more reasonable price and someone willing to terminate a Pono Player dual entry (3.5mm) cable anywhere else. Then add our current weak Australian dollar it was the most sensible option. It will simply be used around the house, laying down etc.. so fingers crossed. 

Thanks for the heads up though! 
smile.gif

I don't doubt he makes good cables, mine just wasn't one of them, $70 down the drain total, plus some shipping once. I most likely wont play the cable game once my K10 arrive, but who knows. I do like the looks of really nice cables, as far as I know the Noble cable is a SPC cable.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #440 of 719
I had one of his for my TF10 (from when he was working with CHRIS_HIMSELF,) and it was great.  When I sold my TF10 it went with it, and the buyer was quite happy.  It had lasted with no issues nearly a year before I sold it (bought a Dunu 1K to replace it).  

I just ordered a Pono balanced from him as well for my UERM.  I'll be getting mine before H20 (hah!) as I live much closer to Ted.  When you order, the site is a bit confusing.  The Buy page is just a link to PayPal.  Always make sure you email him to be sure he knows what you want (he has lots of options available, so you can fine tune your order).  When I emailed him yesterday, around 4pm Pacific Time, he got back to me in five minutes.  We agreed on what I needed, I paid via PayPal, and we touched base again.  Great customer service from my experience.  

And if you have a Pono, running it to your iem or can in balanced mode is really an eye-opener (to mix a metaphor).  I first got my Moon Audio balanced cable for my Fidue A83 and it was unbelievable how rich and full the sound got while still keeping the basic sound sig.  When I got my Shure 846 the connectors were the same, so I popped the cable on it and wow!  You don't think it will do much and then you try it.

BTW, I'm selling my 846 and the Moon Audio cable if anyone is interested.  Really good pairing.  If you like bass, it will give you BASS with great mids and excellent treble (although not quite as much treble at the upper end as I like, hence the UERM).  I haven't listed it yet, but if you are interested pm me.

Jul 21, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #441 of 719

That's unfortunate, I've been burned in the past by custom cable build quality, that's why I was delighted when I discovered headphone lounge.

Imho Ted builds his cables to the limit of durability that a multi conductor cable of this size and gauge can possibly go (honestly better than other custom cables I've used). Also if you opt for his litz wires they never discolor.

End of the day all cables can break depending on circumstances.

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #442 of 719
  I was sold a pure crap cable from the get go for my TF10. It unraveled and turned a funky color. I sent it in for repairs, got the connectors fixed, was charged $20 for a right angle plug to be installed and he didn't put one on. The cable is long gone in the trash, before I MIGHT be told its my fault, my Fiio has been flawless.

i sold you a cable 6/29/2013 for a very discounted price of $50. did repair at 11/25/2013 from you admittingly breaking it.
yes the insulation turned a brown color which happened on 3 other cables that i remember out of over a hundred from one batch of the spc wire i used in 2012-2013. the other 3 were in high humidity and/or sun constantly. you worked detailing cars and admitted you're very rough on your cables. when you broke the cable i replaced both ends and you asked for a straight plug which i did forget so i replaced original with another right angle plus extra shrink for more support. i charged you $20 for the parts and shipping then after driving to post/pp fee it ended up with my labor being free . you were always really polite/grateful complimenting me on many aspects of the cable but seeing your posts now doesn't reflect the emails i have from you.
i've sold to hundreds of head-fiers and most are repeat customers for years so things can and do happen along the way good and bad.
i'm not here to start arguing just setting the record straight from other side of coin.

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #443 of 719
  i sold you a cable 6/29/2013 for a very discounted price of $50. did repair at 11/25/2013 from you admittingly breaking it.
yes the insulation turned a brown color which happened on 3 other cables that i remember out of over a hundred from one batch of the spc wire i used in 2012-2013. the other 3 were in high humidity and/or sun constantly. you worked detailing cars and admitted you're very rough on your cables. when you broke the cable i replaced both ends and you asked for a straight plug which i did forget so i replaced original with another right angle plus extra shrink for more support. i charged you $20 for the parts and shipping then after driving to post/pp fee it ended up with my labor being free . you were always really polite/grateful complimenting me on many aspects of the cable but seeing your posts now doesn't reflect the emails i have from you.
i've sold to hundreds of head-fiers and most are repeat customers for years so things can and do happen along the way good and bad.
i'm not here to start arguing just setting the record straight from other side of coin.

Yes you sold me a cable at a discount price and told me not to say how much, so at the time I didn't. I was hard on some of the cables, but have learned from it and like I said, my Fiio is flawless now. Like you said, YOU had some cable that turned color etc, not my fault. I also said in follow up posts that I am sure you make good cables, I still believe that, I was just sharing my experience. The cable did have some good things about it, you just didn't give it your best, like I know you can.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #444 of 719
Yes you sold me a cable at a discount price and told me not to say how much, so at the time I didn't. I was hard on some of the cables, but have learned from it and like I said, my Fiio is flawless now. Like you said, YOU had some cable that turned color etc, not my fault. I also said in follow up posts that I am sure you make good cables, I still believe that, I was just sharing my experience. The cable did have some good things about it, you just didn't give it your best, like I know you can.

So Ted gives you a deep discount and through no fault of his the cable discolors and when he discovers he failed to put on a right angle plug he fixes it. My God have you ever heard of looking the gift horse in the mouth?

I have been a customer of Ted's for two and half years and in that time bought five different cables and two interconnects and all have been flawless. Hell, in all seriousness the last cable I bought from Ted Allen was in February of 2014 (his first silver litz) is so good I still use it and there is no discoloration or problems in anyway. Ted's craftsmanship is so good that unfortunately for Ted I have no need for another cable.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #445 of 719
So Ted gives you a deep discount and through no fault of his the cable discolors and when he discovers he failed to put on a right angle plug he fixes it. My God have you ever heard of looking the gift horse in the mouth?

I have been a customer of Ted's for two and half years and in that time bought five different cables and two interconnects and all have been flawless. Hell, in all seriousness the last cable I bought from Ted Allen was in February of 2014 (his first silver litz) is so good I still use it and there is no discoloration or problems in anyway. Ted's craftsmanship is so good that unfortunately for Ted I have no need for another cable.

A gift horse in the mouth eh? So my Fiio which cost less doesn't have any of those issues I listed. I didn't pick the cable he used, I didn't make it, the fault is on both of us. Me for the things that broke, his for the other issues. He came to me with the price, I never contacted him to buy anything. Price doesn't mean jack, I got a bad cable. It happens.

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #446 of 719
I had one of his for my TF10 (from when he was working with CHRIS_HIMSELF,) and it was great.  When I sold my TF10 it went with it, and the buyer was quite happy.  It had lasted with no issues nearly a year before I sold it (bought a Dunu 1K to replace it).  

I just ordered a Pono balanced from him as well for my UERM.  I'll be getting mine before H20 (hah!) as I live much closer to Ted.  When you order, the site is a bit confusing.  The Buy page is just a link to PayPal.  Always make sure you email him to be sure he knows what you want (he has lots of options available, so you can fine tune your order).  When I emailed him yesterday, around 4pm Pacific Time, he got back to me in five minutes.  We agreed on what I needed, I paid via PayPal, and we touched base again.  Great customer service from my experience.  

And if you have a Pono, running it to your iem or can in balanced mode is really an eye-opener (to mix a metaphor).  I first got my Moon Audio balanced cable for my Fidue A83 and it was unbelievable how rich and full the sound got while still keeping the basic sound sig.  When I got my Shure 846 the connectors were the same, so I popped the cable on it and wow!  You don't think it will do much and then you try it.

BTW, I'm selling my 846 and the Moon Audio cable if anyone is interested.  Really good pairing.  If you like bass, it will give you BASS with great mids and excellent treble (although not quite as much treble at the upper end as I like, hence the UERM).  I haven't listed it yet, but if you are interested pm me.

I purchased the TF10 on behalf of my friend! He's still enjoying it :) My spc occ non-litz on the other hand has started turning yellow. Ted is extremely responsive and always willing to help. If there's still people who are on the fence of dealing with him, rest assured. You're in good hands.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #448 of 719
i've made some quoted 2 week times on cable finishing that i haven't met but i'm doing the best i can. sometimes life throws obstacles and i just have to to the best i can to work thru them. really sorry for delays on orders i haven't shipped yet but they're coming.
ted

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #449 of 719
Ted's work is so worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back