The NEW ATH-ES700..
Oct 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #826 of 1,098
Allright guys, I just got these in, and I've gotta say, without EQ. these things are close to my favourite sound sig, and i love the way they look.

Absolute awesome, i already ordered ws55 pads for them :D

love them so far <3

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #827 of 1,098
Hi all I've been checking out this topic, so I just wanna ask a quick question for all you fine owners,

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Ws55 but I am particular curious whether the isolation for es700 is as good as ws55? I've always love the fact the Ws55 does not leak any sound no matter how loud I'm playing, and it isolates so well I can't hear anything but be engulfed in my own music.

What I'm reading so far is that people are replacing their es700 with Ws55 pads. After replacing, would you say the isolation and anti noise leakage is as good as Ws55? Cause if you said yes, I am so gonna get an es700.

Also I have an es7, loved the sound signature but hated using it outside and in the office since it leaked noise like crazy and it didn't isolate at all. In other words if the es700 isolation/No noise leak is as great as Ws55 I will definitely buy.

Thanks all, please do let me know!

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #828 of 1,098
Hi all I've been checking out this topic, so I just wanna ask a quick question for all you fine owners,

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Ws55 but I am particular curious whether the isolation for es700 is as good as ws55? I've always love the fact the Ws55 does not leak any sound no matter how loud I'm playing, and it isolates so well I can't hear anything but be engulfed in my own music.

What I'm reading so far is that people are replacing their es700 with Ws55 pads. After replacing, would you say the isolation and anti noise leakage is as good as Ws55? Cause if you said yes, I am so gonna get an es700.

Also I have an es7, loved the sound signature but hated using it outside and in the office since it leaked noise like crazy and it didn't isolate at all. In other words if the es700 isolation/No noise leak is as great as Ws55 I will definitely buy.

Thanks all, please do let me know!

^ Having owned both the ES7s and the ES700 i would say their level of isolation is on par, so it is average at best. Though with the WS55 pads noise isolation seems to have slightly improved. This is the result of the WS55s opening up their soundstage/ bass so a bigger sound comes through which helps block out background noise more.

I don't have any sound leakage problems from my sets since these are closed backs so.....

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #829 of 1,098
so you're saying the ES700 is an UPGRADE to the WS55?

just that i would have thought an upgrade would be to the WS99 is all I was thinking.  I have no idea though wanting to sort this hierarchy out for myself here.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #830 of 1,098
Either es700 or ws99 would be an upgrade for me, though I know they represent different sound signatures. At the moment I am more concern about sound isolation and noise leak since I am working at an office environment and would like little noise as possible . Would most likely demo these two out by the end of the week and decide.

Also thanks for clarifying sfwalcer, im leaning more towards es700 and will likely make a final decision whether to get it or not after I demo'ed them out!

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #831 of 1,098
Also thanks for clarifying sfwalcer, im leaning more towards es700 and will likely make a final decision whether to get it or not after I demo'ed them out!

Just make sure that they look as cool as the ws99's, because that's important :)

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #832 of 1,098
  so you're saying the ES700 is an UPGRADE to the WS55?

just that i would have thought an upgrade would be to the WS99 is all I was thinking.  I have no idea though wanting to sort this hierarchy out for myself here.

Actually, I've been told that the ES700s might be preferred over the WS99s.

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #833 of 1,098
Ok just came back from demoing, I would say that after that, I'm getting an es700 although comfort wise and bass/wider sound range wise goes to ws99. Still having difficulty picking cause they're both really good in their own way! But I'm gonna pick es700 which goes beautifully with most vocal music.
Although ws99 is extremely superb for electronic music and heavy bass.. Decisions, decisions..

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #834 of 1,098
good,I was just thinking yesterday, I really don't need anything new for a while, I like what I have.Should have known Dsnuts would strike again!
11.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #835 of 1,098
ES700 for me is my favorite portable can. Guys know how unbelievable great these sound only when you try one. I am willing to bet whatever sound you thought these would sound like will be exceeded.

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #836 of 1,098
  ES700 for me is my favorite portable can. Guys know how unbelievable great these sound only when you try one. I am willing to bet whatever sound you thought these would sound like will be exceeded.

I used to hate their sound, no matter how long I burned them, they sounded bad. Then I put them aside for couple of weeks and suddenly they started to sound fantastic, especially with vocals!
I guess I overburned them in the beginning...
My only problem with them now is the pads. The original pads are unusable - they hurt too much. WS55 pads are a big step up in comfort, but still can cause pain after a prolonged session.
ESW9 pads are even more comfortable, but they place the drivers further away from the ears, changing the sound too much - the intimate magic in the vocals is gone. The bass becomes a little smudgy too. ES700 still sounds great, but not as good as with WS55 pads.

I guess I still prefer JVC HA-S400 to ES700. These can't be "overburned", it took at least 300 hours to get them to sound as they should.
If I don't use them too long, the diaphragm gets stiff again and they need to be burned again for a few hours.
I especially like how a 17$ pair of HM5 pads turns them into a proper "around ear" headphone, that you can listen to for hours without any pain.
HM5 pads also increase the soundstage greatly, but have the same negative effect on bass as ESW9 pads on ES700 - doesn't sound as tight as before, although still good.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #837 of 1,098

Muuaaahahahaha... LOooK!

My secret weapon on right side of my esw10 revieled...

Es700 drivers in esw9 polyurethaned cups & infernally modded with:
clay,
2types cork,
2types of AudioTechnica fibergalss..

To sound as close as possible to the fabled esw10 yet more intimate in mids(!)
Great scott!

What you say! Sound like??

Sound lies similar soundstage yet slightly brighter & closer in mids of the esw10..

The es700 potential has been realised

and will make a future thread on it.
To be revealed at the NY meet :)
Muahahahaha!

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #839 of 1,098
Love my ES7 and ES55 (the most underrated headphone here) the ESW9 and ES10 are hard to get in UK.So I will take a chance on the 700.

ps 128 dollars in USA, 200 pounds in the UK!!!!

One question? Is the cable 1.2m? Who came up with this length?
Its fine if you are only using a Clip but if you have have a bigger DAP then it needs to go in a bag, then 1.2m is too short, I am 6ft plus tall, the distance from my headphones to a DAP in a bag I carry is 1.4m
it drives me nuts!!

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #840 of 1,098
So i in past bought ES700 for $130 shipped. And also for $12 esw9 pleather pads. But i sold them. Why?
because they on 45% songs sounded fanstastic(better than cks1000), but 55% songs were terrible with them. mids sounded so dreadful and muddy in bright songs. And bass impact isnt so great, as others say. Even with stock pads.
Comfort - with stock pads i can use them only for hour, but with esw9 pads - over 5 hours.
So while on some tracks they were exellent, but on others they sucked. I guess that i dont like mid centric headphones at all. I rather prefer V shape, because on es700 mids was on front and too loud, but highs and lows was in background. 
For most users, ws77 for $90 or ws99 for $160 wold be much better, because of better balance of lows, mids and highs. And also bigger bass impact. I actually bought WS33X for $50 for my brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back