The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 7, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,876 of 2,052
You will be surprised how well the Aeon 2's are powered even from a smartphone....assuming its a genre that plays well (not super bass heavy).
Absolutely, my experience says the same. Got example in Witcher 3 it's really great, because mostly I meet with mid-high frequencies. But there are a lot of bass in gears of war, shots, explosives, etc. And I feel it's not enough with G6. The same with movies and movies, without bass it's great.

Nov 12, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #1,877 of 2,052
@ShenaRingo326 thanks for the cable suggestion. I just tried this and the channel imbalance actually appeared to switch over to the right hand side.

I replicated this with two different cables. So I think the problem might be me in this case.I also just used VOX and turned on the mono output and the sound appears to be fairly balanced.

Unless I get another issue with the sound cutting out I'm not going to send them back now.

I think my issue may be the left driver and/or the connector.. as swapping L/R cables or using new Hart cables always resulted in the left driver having volume problems. I've also had the left driver's volume go from 100% ->20% -> 100% within minutes while music is playing.

I've contacted DCA so let's see how this goes.

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #1,878 of 2,052
Hey guys, I've just ordered the Aeon 2 Noire.
I've noticed from DMS' recent video that the yokes' color on his Aeon 2 Noire are severely chipped away. Is this something I should expect? anyone else has this issue? Is it just painted or it's actually anodized? I took good care of my headphones and I think this kind of discoloration is unacceptable. Should I be worried and cancel my order?
Screenshot 2021-11-13 180257.jpgScreenshot 2021-11-13 180228.jpg

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #1,879 of 2,052
I've noticed from DMS' recent video that the yokes' color on his Aeon 2 Noire are severely chipped away. Is this something I should expect? anyone else has this issue? Is it just painted or it's actually anodized? I took good care of my headphones and I think this kind of discoloration is unacceptable. Should I be worried and cancel my order?
I got the Noires a few weeks back and they look like day one. No paint chipped on mines.

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #1,880 of 2,052
Yeah same happened to my Aeon 2 Open. They said it was a dodgy patch due to the parts not being cleaned before painting but seems like it might still be something that happens.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,881 of 2,052
I wouldn’t worry, because Dan said they have fixed the original issue and if there is any problem, they are extremely good about making it right.

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #1,882 of 2,052
I wouldn’t worry, because Dan said they have fixed the original issue and if there is any problem, they are extremely good about making it right.
That's good. My problem is that I want to import it to my country and sending it back would be very expensive and time consuming, so I prefer to have a bit more peace of mind.

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #1,883 of 2,052
Mine came with a small chip on one of the earcups but isn't really visible unless you are looking for it and only found it because I felt it with my finger. Haven't had any new chips while I have had it and wasn't worth sending back for it so I kept it. Still very happy with the Noires.

Nov 14, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,884 of 2,052
I think my issue may be the left driver and/or the connector.. as swapping L/R cables or using new Hart cables always resulted in the left driver having volume problems. I've also had the left driver's volume go from 100% ->20% -> 100% within minutes while music is playing.

I've contacted DCA so let's see how this goes.
Yeah my imbalance never really went away. When I compare it to my lcd-2 closed and Focal elegia I can tell there is an issue.

I’ve asked my seller for what my options are in getting it fixed.

Good luck with your repair.

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #1,885 of 2,052
Yeah my imbalance never really went away. When I compare it to my lcd-2 closed and Focal elegia I can tell there is an issue.

I’ve asked my seller for what my options are in getting it fixed.

Good luck with your repair.
How would you say the Noire compares to the Elegia? Is it an obvious upgrade sound quality wise, to your ear?

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,886 of 2,052
How would you say the Noire compares to the Elegia? Is it an obvious upgrade sound quality wise, to your ear?
Ive got the open 2 which is meant to sound quite a bit different.

Comparing the open it’s a different sound, I would say it’s a side step more than an upgrade though.

If you are asking my personal preference I prefer the Elegia.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #1,889 of 2,052
Has anyone had issues with quality control issues with Aeon 2?
I’ve had the open now for just under a year. I really like the sound and the folding head band but I’ve had the following issues (they arrived sealed from official seller in the UK)

• They arrived with one of the headband screws missing. I later found it in the case, so had to find a suitable screwdriver online. Not a huge issue after the initial panic
  • The paint very quickly started to flake off the head band. Dan Clark later confirmed that this was a known issue with one batch that hadn’t been cleaned properly. There was an offer to return for fixing but I’m in the UK so though probably not worth it. Doesn’t affect sound
  • The main issue. The left cup has often felt quieter. I’ve swapped between all the amps I own and multiple different cables. Same issue with all but thought I was imagining it as it was slight. Last week the left cup completely cut out for a few seconds and then came back. Today it cut out again for about 10 seconds then when I turned up the volume it ‘clicked’ and then came on to what sounded like full volume. They sounded better than I’ve ever heard them. Then this afternoon they are back to sounding weak on the left hand side. I got my wife to check (wish I’d done this sooner) she has no interest in audio equipment but quickly confirmed the left cup was definitely weaker.
Has anyone ever had this issue with a planar? Is this something that could be fixable by myself? If not has anyone had any experience in the UK of getting Dan Clark headphones repaired?
Hi MartyMcfly3004,

I have the exact Same problem as you. My left cup always sound a little softer but slightly. And when I put the volume of my chord mojo really loud then I hear a crackling and pouf the sound is back perfectly the same left and right.
Did you find a solution?

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #1,890 of 2,052
Hi MartyMcfly3004,

I have the exact Same problem as you. My left cup always sound a little softer but slightly. And when I put the volume of my chord mojo really loud then I hear a crackling and pouf the sound is back perfectly the same left and right.
Did you find a solution?
If the issue is intermittent, it may just be that the cable is not completely secured in the ear up socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back