The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Jan 3, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #1,906 of 2,052
Sounds like a case of brain burn-in. I had a similar experience when testing something and quickly switching from Arya to Auteur, which made the Auteur sound muddy because my brain was used to how the Arya sounded.
Were you using another pair of headphones before putting the Noire on? Ones you know very well?

Jan 3, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,907 of 2,052
Sounds like a case of brain burn-in. I had a similar experience when testing something and quickly switching from Arya to Auteur, which made the Auteur sound muddy because my brain was used to how the Arya sounded.
Were you using another pair of headphones before putting the Noire on? Ones you know very well?
Perhaps. I have a pair of B&O H95’s, but I wasn’t using them much at all since the delivery of the Noire’s. Nonetheless, could be.

16 Jan 2022 edit: Returned both the Noire’s & the H95’s. Replaced the Noire’s with Cascade’s + Qudelix 5. On the hunt for a BT replacement of the H95’s. The 5909’s are compelling.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #1,908 of 2,052
After using my A2O for a few weeks after receiving my replacement pair and I have been very happy with these now. Its amazing what having both cups working does for imaging and soundstage :)

Wanted to make sure I put a comment on here to confirm that these are amazing as I have previously made comments on how I wasn't that impressed with them. This was after using them for 10 months with a defective left cup (pretty sure this disqualifies me from ever being classed as an audiophile).

I'm so impressed with them that I'm going to buy the Noire in the next couple of weeks in preparation for my post covid resumption of commuting (though i'm going to miss having a Mjolnir on my desk while I work :triportsad:)

Jan 20, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #1,910 of 2,052
Is anyone using a dap with these? I'm worried that my Shanling M6 Pro won't have enough juice to drive these proper.

I’ve used the dx160 and Kann Alpha both run it ok.

Although I’ve seen some people save issues with clipping at high volumes. To make mine clip I couldn’t have the cup right over my ear it was uncomfortably loud.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #1,913 of 2,052
Pardon me if asked before, but is there any way to relax the clamp force?
Thanks
@mrspeakers will need to answer for sure. While I find the clamp to be really well done, the nintinol headband has really good memory and I’m not sure how you might bend it to change the clamp force, or fix it if you go too far. Maybe there is rather something you can do to tighten the gimbals at the cup so they can’t swivel into the tightest position?

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,915 of 2,052
I'm looking for a DESKTOP amp for my Aeon 2 Open. I know the usual suspects from Schiit, Topping etc. Nothing against them, soundwise, but i have a rather limiting need of two unbalanced line inputs.
The ONLY suitable amp i've found was the headamp gilmore lite mkII.
Any other recommendations within the same price range (up to 700$ / Euro)?
Should be available in the EU, which is not the case with the gilmore lite

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #1,916 of 2,052
I'm looking for a DESKTOP amp for my Aeon 2 Open. I know the usual suspects from Schiit, Topping etc. Nothing against them, soundwise, but i have a rather limiting need of two unbalanced line inputs.
The ONLY suitable amp i've found was the headamp gilmore lite mkII.
Any other recommendations within the same price range (up to 700$ / Euro)?
Should be available in the EU, which is not the case with the gilmore lite
What DAC are you using? Chord Mojo2 might meet your needs, as it has a desktop mode that completely eliminates the battery, has 3 digital inputs, and (while I haven’t heard it yet) OG Mojo sounds fantastic with Noires.
Should be available in UK now: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mojo-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back