The most overrated IEMs
Jul 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 199
Quote:
Great thread. This is somthing that's never been done before. I'm sure it will gather a lot of eye-opening replies. :p

Do I sense sarcasm here?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 199
Quote:

Do I sense sarcasm here?
rolleyes.gif

I sure do
tongue.gif

Quote:
What are, in your opinion, the most overrated/overpriced IEM's ? I think that IE8 are probably overrated/overpriced

Just to clarify, when you asked this question, which basis did you have in mind for comparison? Is it based on sound quality alone or the IEMs as whole packages (build quality, isolation, usability, etc...)?

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #15 of 199
My old cheap college-days stereo speakers (3-way 10' woofers) still sound OK in my 12x14 computer room (displaying decent bass). However, I once moved them to the larger open great-room (tall vaulted ceilings/hardwood floors) and they became “over-rated”.

I have the Shure SE535 which (IMO) should be vacuum-sealed (or nearly). I also have the Sennheiser IE8 which (IMO) comes with useless tips (for my ears) resulting in boomy mono-toned bass and weak and distant mids. I don't think either are “over-rated” once you put a little work in with fit, source, and equalization.

Of course, my opinion could be "over-rated" (but only by me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back