"The Lab"
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,441 of 20,136
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,442 of 20,136
  They have a somewhat similar type of tuning. The Meelec A151P 2nd Gen isolates better for me, has more linear and just a bit less bass that is tighter and more natural to my ears. It has more forward midrange, a little bit more treble presence (still not harsh at all). They are a little more detailed, and on a whole sounds a bit more reference and balanced.

The IM50 bass is just a touch more dynamic sounding, has a little bit better separation and texture in the midrange, and just a touch more relaxed in the treble section. Imaging is a little better in the IM50. 

Both are great, but given my current preferences in tuning and music, I slightly prefer the A151p 2nd Gen. Once my brain adjusts to their tuning it's a very detailed and reference sound that I can listen to for hours and not get bored with. The signature reminds me of my Sennheiser HD600 but in an in-ear monitor form.

Hope this helps.
I got the cable and the tips from lunashops. I ordered black large tips but half of my order was white tips. I didn't complain lol.

One thing to note about the sony hybrids from lunashops, they are the real deal with the softer silicone. Often times the generic sony hybrids are a more rigid silicone material.

Cheers

Thank you very much for the comparison. I think I will stick with IM50 again. 
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #1,443 of 20,136
  Hey @Wokei I want you to know that your impressions and review when you got the Havi B3 Pro I and the T1E are some of favorite reads of all time on Head-Fi.

And great review on the R3! Man those things look awkward to wear!

Cheers

@Hisoundfi They look like "Vertical" Duoza's !

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,445 of 20,136
I'm tired of Microsoft Office subscriptions, and I'm tired of paying for Internet Security. I'm also tired of running scans, and tired of my laptop needing constant updates and the glitches between Windows and Mac OS, and the glitches with Google Apps on my windows laptop.

I just purchased the Toshiba Chromebook 2 with the 13 inch HD display and 4gb of ram.

Only $330 on Amazon. It will pay for itself in the money I save not having to pay for Microsoft Office and Norton Internet Security.

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #1,446 of 20,136
Received my Titan 1's yesterday, straight out the box impressions are
Very wide sound stage - I like
Decent Bass, sub a little light but there, mid bass there too somewhat balanced-acceptable
Mids a little forward- acceptable
Highs- gave me a headache
mad.gif
after 2 hrs took them off. I am actually going to burn these in, I hooked them up to a changer and programed it for continuous play yesterday afternoon. By the time I get home tonight they will have had a good 30 hrs on them. hope the highs tone down or I'm getting rid of them.

These are very clean and exceptionally clear sounding.
They fit perfect.

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,447 of 20,136
I have the D850 AT&T version.

Which Android version are you on? How do you feel about the sound of your LG?

PS: When I first purchased this phone (G3/D855) KiKat was loaded and I found the sound to be on the slightly thin and slightly cold side. After a legal FW update to Lollipop (5.0/3.4.0) I feel that my G3 sounds great! Before this update I dont use my phone as a dap but now I tend to use it more often. Recently I have compared the sound to my wifes IP6 and I prefer the sound of G3 on a small margin.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #1,448 of 20,136
I'm tired of Microsoft Office subscriptions, and I'm tired of paying for Internet Security. I'm also tired of running scans, and tired of my laptop needing constant updates and the glitches between Windows and Mac OS, and the glitches with Google Apps on my windows laptop.

I just purchased the Toshiba Chromebook 2 with the 13 inch HD display and 4gb of ram.

Only $330 on Amazon. It will pay for itself in the money I save not having to pay for Microsoft Office and Norton Internet Security.

Switched to mac from my windows laptop and never going back. Simply no comparison imo :)

Btw thanks for the info on the white sony hybrids! 

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,449 of 20,136
Switched to mac from my windows laptop and never going back. Simply no comparison imo :)

Btw thanks for the info on the white sony hybrids! 
No problem, my pleasure.

I considered switching to Mac but

#1 It's expensive

#2 I have an android phone so the chromebook just makes more sense.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #1,451 of 20,136
yeah its expensive but they are good for general purpose use and good dacs inside for music etc 

Let us know how the chromebook sounds music wise!
I guess this has a skullcandy optimized sound system built in. I'm not sure if that means it has an upgraded sound card or what. Even if it doesn't I look forward to using it with my DACs

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,453 of 20,136
I went back and forth for a while. Even being a network administrator I used a MacBook at home for years. Still have it actually it's a 2009 and runs Win7 better than any machine I have used. Wiped it and installed Mavericks for the wife and son. Still works flawlessly years later. I built a Hackintosh a few years back as well for desktop use. Currently though I use a Surface Pro as my everything machine and I don't think I could be happier...unless Apple came out with an iPad Pro or something that ran full OS on a tablet. I've dabbled in Windows phone and left an iPhone a few years back for Android which I currently have an LG G3.
Which Android version are you on? How do you feel about the sound of your LG?

PS: When I first purchased this phone (G3/D855) KiKat was loaded and I found the sound to be on the slightly thin and slightly cold side. After a legal FW update to Lollipop (5.0/3.4.0) I feel that my G3 sounds great! Before this update I dont use my phone as a dap but now I tend to use it more often. Recently I have compared the sound to my wifes IP6 and I prefer the sound of G3 on a small margin.

As for the sound of the G3, I think I found the exact same as you. I purchased a HIFIMEDIY android DAC off the forums to see if that was better than the stock G3. I found that I did prefer the external DAC on KK that is. I had rooted and was waiting for Lollipop to be rooted before upgrading but curiosity got the better of me and I did it anyway. I found the same as you that suddenly I really liked the sound out of the HO. I haven't listened to an iPhone for some time, last i had was the 4S but I am pretty happy with the current sound of the G3. My only complaint is that I get some dropouts randomly. Sometimes it won't do it at all and sometimes for no reason. Probably a background app sucking the CPU for something.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,455 of 20,136
Guys ..the Lab is ranked number for the most active thread ...cheers

It's successful because we treat this the way it should. It's a fun hobby where we can all contribute and share our thoughts and experiences, rather than make it a place for audio nerds to get into an argument.

Cheers to all who participate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back