"The Lab"
Sep 16, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #12,391 of 20,136

From the cable I knew they were VSonic, but "BE" reference clued me in we're talking about GR07BE
biggrin.gif
  On my list too, need to get these since everyone using it as a reference.

Interesting that you mentioned about CKR9 being a direct upgrade.  I would think BE version being "bass enhanced" to be closer to CKR10?

Btw, all these latest discussions about CKR9/CKR10/CKR9LTD made me dust off my pair of CKR10, and I'm LOVING IT!!!  Kind of reassured myself again since I couldn't imagine them with even a drop less of bass (remember my decision to choose CKR10 over CKR9).  Just my own personal preference
wink.gif

The BE's actually got quite a bit less bass impact than the CKR9's but it's equally great in quality. I only paid $67 for them on that crazy 25/8 sale on AE, I think it's safe to say they're worth it :wink:

The CKR10's still keep growing on me after over 9 months, not bad........

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #12,392 of 20,136

From the cable I knew they were VSonic, but "BE" reference clued me in we're talking about GR07BE
biggrin.gif
  On my list too, need to get these since everyone using it as a reference.

Interesting that you mentioned about CKR9 being a direct upgrade.  I would think BE version being "bass enhanced" to be closer to CKR10?

Btw, all these latest discussions about CKR9/CKR10/CKR9LTD made me dust off my pair of CKR10, and I'm LOVING IT!!!  Kind of reassured myself again since I couldn't imagine them with even a drop less of bass (remember my decision to choose CKR10 over CKR9).  Just my own personal preference
wink.gif

The BE's actually got quite a bit less bass impact than the CKR9's but it's equally great in quality. I only paid $67 for them on that crazy 25/8 sale on AE, I think it's safe to say they're worth it :wink:

The CKR10's still keep growing on me after over 9 months, not bad........

Due for a birth any day, uh?
tongue.gif

Interesting, so they are indeed neutral balanced, I assume.  That makes sense why so many people use BE version as the reference.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #12,393 of 20,136
Due for a birth any day, uh? :p

Interesting, so they are indeed neutral balanced, I assume.  That makes sense why so many people use BE version as the reference.

Lol! I sure looks like it :wink:

Yes, I wouldn't have appreciated anything thinner than this. Pretty great balance actually.

Treble is a bit like the Duke and will show sibilance if it's there in the recording.

With the red Ostry tips and the Lancea it's not a big problem though.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #12,394 of 20,136
Sep 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #12,395 of 20,136

Yes indeed, and the snare drum especially... It pops out and sounds so damn good

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #12,396 of 20,136
Lol! I sure looks like it :wink:

Yes, I wouldn't have appreciated anything thinner than this. Pretty great balance actually.

Treble is a bit like the Duke and will show sibilance if it's there in the recording.

With the red Ostry tips and the Lancea it's not a big problem though.
I know people don't buy into it, but I will say that my GR07BE sounds much different now than when I first bought it. Bass digs just a hair deeper, mids have more timbre, and they definitely are less sibilant than when I first got them. Many who own them have experienced the same thing.

That, or I've lost some of my hearing from listening to them too much lol

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #12,398 of 20,136
you know whats funny, the included apple Earbud sounds a lot better than I recall. I used to have have an iPhone 4 and I used its earbuds mainly back in the day. Very good treble extension actually

@Mr Trev
  I wonder how good the new EarPods sound?
I demand that you write a review on them. The world needs to know about the fifth generation apple ear buds!

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #12,399 of 20,136
I demand that you write a review on them. The world needs to know about the fifth generation apple ear buds!

Review

This schiit is amazeballsTM  Score started out as 6/5. Then one point was deducted because its an apple product, another point because not enough cowbells, and finally another point because I said so.

Final score 3/5 - not bad 
Summary - its so pretty

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #12,400 of 20,136

Indeed, nice job Mr. T
bigsmile_face.gif
Is that a 5th Gen? Great audio section in them
wink_face.gif

Nope. It's the final model, with the Cirrus Logic DAC. I was thinking about about trying to find a cheap ipod video just to see what all the fuss about the wolfson chip was. The problem is the "cheap ipod" part - even more so now that they've been discontinued
frown.gif

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #12,401 of 20,136
Review

This schiit is amazeballsTM  Score started out as 6/5. Then one point was deducted because its an apple product, another point because not enough cowbells, and finally another point because I said so.

Final score 3/5 - not bad 
Summary - its so pretty

LOL dude this post made my day!

Okay back to work...

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #12,403 of 20,136
I know people don't buy into it, but I will say that my GR07BE sounds much different now than when I first bought it. Bass digs just a hair deeper, mids have more timbre, and they definitely are less sibilant than when I first got them. Many who own them have experienced the same thing.

That, or I've lost some of my hearing from listening to them too much lol

Lol, I definitely will need to play around a lot more with source and tips that's for sure.

I will ofcourse give them a lot more head time to get use to their signature before I start doing any comparisons on conclusions. What I've posted this far is to be considered initial impressions.

They're a really good iem there's not to early to say that :wink:

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #12,405 of 20,136
Damn that thing is sexy!

Five stars for sure!

Aww, meng! I sure wish they'd sent me the black one for review. Looks sooo much better than the silver one :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new b-day toy and make sure to let some others hear it. Shanling's got the goods, peeps :wink_face:

EDIT: I should be getting in Shanling's new M2 DAP for review soon and will be setting up review tours for US & Canada. If any of you Labsters want to join up, send me a PM :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back