"The Lab"
Aug 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #11,134 of 20,136
I was wondering if anyone's heard it at all?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777010/ibasso-dx80#post_11819767

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #11,135 of 20,136
So before I get out of here for a week of vacation I wanted to leave a great song with you, please put on your favorite phones (in, on or over) and enjoy the separation on the lead into this track)
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif
All

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #11,136 of 20,136
Late to the party again.

I finally got my replacement pair of Macaw-GT100s (first pair had channel imbalance). They are a very impressive sounding pair of earphones indeed! Incredible detail and resolution across all frequencies with plenty of bass presence. Bass has very fast speed with fast attack and decay. Neutral filter is awesomesauce.

Highly recommended

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #11,137 of 20,136
Late to the party again.

I finally got my replacement pair of Macaw-GT100s (first pair had channel imbalance). They are a very impressive sounding pair of earphones indeed! Incredible detail and resolution across all frequencies with plenty of bass presence. Bass has very fast speed with fast attack and decay. Neutral filter is awesomesauce.

Highly recommended

Do you think it is better than E80?

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #11,139 of 20,136
What ho, Lab folks. Question of the day… Is it really worth paying $26.10 CAD for 2 pairs of Spin Fits? (CTC Audio). I know quite a few folks have been raving about them, and now they're available locally-ish thinking I might try some. But $26 still seem rather pricey just for some chunks of silicone rubber. How does the size work for these? I've read you're supposed to use a smaller size than other tips (I typically use a med. silicone).

@nmatheis
 I've heard some snippets of Ben Frost here and there, but that's about it. Think 'aurora' did make one of headphone commutes best of lists

The SpinFit tips fit the same size as my other tips. Medium SpinFit is very close to medium stock that came with the Angie. The big difference is the SpinFit goes deeper in the ear/doesn't sit as far down on the bore of the IEM. It's part of the design and one of the reasons I like them so much. Also adds a bit of a buffer between the bore opening and my ear which I like as wax is less likely to enter the bore holes.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #11,140 of 20,136
Just out of curiosity, how many good <$100 USD portable amps  are there? 

Off the top of my head I was thinking:

Fiio E11k
Topping NX1
C&C BH2

The RunABOUT amp will be retailing for <100 (afaik) and given what they have done with their ear bud line up and with the Duke, I would love to see how their portable amp will compare to others in the price range :)

Also I didn't know that Cayin made desktop amplifiers http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/cayin-spark-ha-2i-hifi-desktop-professional-headphone-amplifier.html  This looks amazing for 170 USD.  Edit: Never mind its RCA input only bummer

And the Cayin C5DAC is different from the C6 amp/dac are different models right? Just to clarify 

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #11,141 of 20,136
I heard about them. Hadn't realized they are good. Any initial impressions? I tried the 550 back in the day and they sealed poorly. does the 553 seal better?

I find the K553 seal incredibly well - and that really helps the bass response. The ear cups basically can be adjusted on all axis to get perfect seal, and I personally find the pads really soft and able to compress while maintaining comfort.

I can wear them for hours with no discomfort, and lately I've grabbed them more than both T1 and HD600 - so I guess you could say they tick my boxes :wink:

Signature is balanced, clear, reasonable sound staging for a closed back - good texture and impact on the bass.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #11,143 of 20,136
You know it's funny I had my PM2's on the other day (moderate levels) and came in from patio asked my wife if she could hear them she said not really. Unless you really crank them they don't seem to leak that much sound. Now with AKG Q701 she can hear them from inside the kitchen and I was sitting on patio! go figure.

Yes, some open backs just don't have much leakage. Now, my HE400 on the other hand...

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #11,144 of 20,136

You know it's funny I had my PM2's on the other day (moderate levels) and came in from patio asked my wife if she could hear them she said not really. Unless you really crank them they don't seem to leak that much sound. Now with AKG Q701 she can hear them from inside the kitchen and I was sitting on patio! go figure.

Yes, some open backs just don't have much leakage. Now, my HE400 on the other hand...

... and I'm sure HE560 won't be any better :)  ATH-R70x is very loud as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back