"The Lab"
Mar 1, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,054 of 20,136
Orange Monster with dark brown leather strap

Can you tell me how the month is changed? I haven't been able to figure it out :/

You mean the day and date...unscrew the crown...pull out to The first grid...turning clockwise or anti clockwise will change the day out date and pulling the crown all the way to The second grid changes the time....

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,056 of 20,136
@Mr Trev

Most of the time people will recommend something and it will be a bust in one way or another, but I gotta say that these PFE 012 are the truth! Great find and recommendation my friend! I really enjoy them a lot!

I keep bouncing back between green and gray filters. They both bring something great to the table IMHO.

In case you are wondering how the A151P stacks up to the PFE 012, the Meelec model I would consider to be a sidegrade to the Audeo.

In comparison to the PFE with gray filters (which I'm starting to prefer over green), the Meelec has more forward mids, and slightly more relaxed treble. Bass is on par from what I hear (maybe a slight edge to the PFE 012). The A151P 2nd Gen is a bit leaner and more linear bass, with the PFE 012 being a touch more more forward. I find the Meelec to be better for vocals, acoustic and live recordings. I find the PFE 012 to be better for rock and EDM. Both are great. 

The Meelec is easier to drive, and has better accessories by far. 

The Phonak model is a better fitting IEM (maybe the best fitting IEM I've ever seen) the build seems pretty sturdy, more so than the Meelec. Also, all three filters offer a high quality sound that offer something different. I find the adjustable tuning filters a big plus.

Thanks for the recommendation,

Cheers

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,057 of 20,136
Orange Monster with dark brown leather strap

You mean the day and date...unscrew the crown...pull out to The first grid...turning clockwise or anti clockwise will change the day out date and pulling the crown all the way to The second grid changes the time....

wow that does look good!
I did this part correctly. However when the day changes over it briefly displays the month, which is incorrect :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,058 of 20,136
wow that does look good!
I did this part correctly. However when the day changes over it briefly displays the month, which is incorrect :frowning2:

Me think me know what you mean ...some months with 31 days are okay which dont require any adjustment if you wear them everyday...but for month like Feb or the months with 30 days ...what you need to do is

- for example today is Feb 28 which is Saturday ....the next day and month would be March 1 st ( Sunday)
- on Feb 27 ...will need to adjust manually the date to 30 and the day to Friday ..so that when it reaches the end of Feb ...it will be March 1 which is a Sunday

- Automatic watch without perpetual calendar function will need adjustment for the month of February and those months with 30 days...

Hope this helps...cheers

No sir. Unfortunately it came pre set to the wrong month. The instructions say turn the crown one way for date change, the opposite way for day change. No mention of how to change the month lol. When the day changes it briefly displays the month which now is in some foreign language lol

The foreign language is also day and not month ..some watches comes with two language version of day ...what you need to do ....whenever you manually adjust the day and date ...adjust to the day and date the day before and then pull out to the second grid to adjust to the current day and date ....

Most likely when you were adjusting the day ...you did not turn the day to the English version of the day ..or you were adjusting the day and date when its quite close to the 20 -24 hr time marker ....when you do that ..the calibration goes wonky

Also best practice is after adjusting the day and date ...best to push the crown in first ....then only pull the crown to the second grid position to adhust the time ....cheers

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,059 of 20,136
Me think me know what you mean ...some months with 31 days are okay which dont require any adjustment if you wear them everyday...but for month like Feb or the months with 30 days ...what you need to do is

- for example today is Feb 28 which is Saturday ....the next day and month would be March 1 st ( Sunday)
- on Feb 27 ...will need to adjust manually the date to 30 and the day to Friday ..so that when it reaches the end of Feb ...it will be March 1 which is a Sunday

- Automatic watch without perpetual calendar function will need adjustment for the month of February and those months with 30 days...

Hope this helps...cheers
The foreign language is also day and not month ..some watches comes with two language version of day ...what you need to do ....whenever you manually adjust the day and date ...adjust to the day and date the day before and then pull out to the second grid to adjust to the current day and date ....

Most likely when you were adjusting the day ...you did not turn the day to the English version of the day ..or you were adjusting the day and date when its quite close to the 20 -24 hr time marker ....when you do that ..the calibration goes wonky

Also best practice is after adjusting the day and date ...best to push the crown in first ....then only pull the crown to the second grid position to adhust the time ....cheers

Thanks man... I figured it out. I'm just a huge noob apparently (>.<)
I thought I was seeing the month but it was the day of the week in another language :/

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #1,060 of 20,136
Thanks man... I figured it out. I'm just a huge noob apparently (>.<)
I thought I was seeing the month but it was the day of the week in another language :/

Am coming for you like Sardar said ......after all the write up ....man ....never wrote so much even for review done by me ...now me head hurts ......used too much brain juice ......haha..... :deadhorse:

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #1,061 of 20,136

​
Am coming for you like Sardar said ......after all the write up ....man ....never wrote so much even for review done by me ...now me head hurts ......used too much brain juice ......haha.....
deadhorse.gif

LOL oh man Sardar said that? Where is he anyway, haven't seem him post lately. Hope he is alright

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #1,064 of 20,136
  @Mr Trev

Most of the time people will recommend something and it will be a bust in one way or another, but I gotta say that these PFE 012 are the truth! Great find and recommendation my friend! I really enjoy them a lot!

I keep bouncing back between green and gray filters. They both bring something great to the table IMHO.

In case you are wondering how the A151P stacks up to the PFE 012, the Meelec model I would consider to be a sidegrade to the Audeo.

In comparison to the PFE with gray filters (which I'm starting to prefer over green), the Meelec has more forward mids, and slightly more relaxed treble. Bass is on par from what I hear (maybe a slight edge to the PFE 012). The A151P 2nd Gen is a bit leaner and more linear bass, with the PFE 012 being a touch more more forward. I find the Meelec to be better for vocals, acoustic and live recordings. I find the PFE 012 to be better for rock and EDM. Both are great. 

The Meelec is easier to drive, and has better accessories by far. 

The Phonak model is a better fitting IEM (maybe the best fitting IEM I've ever seen) the build seems pretty sturdy, more so than the Meelec. Also, all three filters offer a high quality sound that offer something different. I find the adjustable tuning filters a big plus.

Thanks for the recommendation,

Cheers

Glad to hear you like them, although a little surprised you like the greens that much. Never heard them myself, but when I inquired about getting some from the dealer I bought mine from, they told me to save my money.

After listening to the grey for so long when I recently switched out to the blacks, I found them a bit muddy sounding - but originally it was a toss up between the 2. I'm still thinking about getting a pair of 012 for a back-up (probably will keep one with black, the other grey - guess I should hurry before they sell out).

Haven't tried them yet with any other tips, because the stock ones are the most absurdly comfortable, well fitting tips I own. The M. silicone seat so well, it creates a bit of suction when I take them out. I agree that the 012 are pretty cheap with the accessories, esp. at the MSRP, but I guess that's how Phonak steers folks to the more expensive models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back