"The Lab"
Jun 23, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #9,527 of 20,136
2 months wow I waited a week and a half.

I paid for min May 5th. They got sent May 25th. Still waiting. Fork.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #9,528 of 20,136
10 bucks I got ripped off I jumped the gun and went threw ebay 18 bucks/

I may be the winner on my ATE at $9.87 delivered:D

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #9,529 of 20,136
I may be the winner on my ATE at $9.87 delivered:D

That's what I paid. And $13.97 for the ED9. So 24 bucks for 2 super IEMs. Boo Yeah!

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #9,530 of 20,136
Posted ESS woodie hybrids to Nikolaus today. If anyone else wants in on giving them a listen, let me know here or by PM. Very informal tour. Review would be nice, but impressions also acceptable.

Jun 23, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #9,531 of 20,136

That's what I paid. And $13.97 for the ED9. So 24 bucks for 2 super IEMs. Boo Yeah!

Same here. But if you think about it, the ED9 could count as 2 iems with the changeable nozzles, making it an even better deal (providing a person actually gets them
wink_face.gif
)

still haven't tried the shiny nozzles yet. Been giving the ATE most of my ear time since they were kind enough to arrive within a decent window.

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #9,532 of 20,136
  Wow, the ATE finally arrived, 10 bucks for it, really? How they do it?! 10 bucks for it with shipping... 
confused_face(1).gif

BTW, included eartips are super horrible. 

With the oldies VSD3 from their first batch, still prefer they shape than the ATE.

$10? Link please! I might pick these up, if not for the IEMs, it'll be worth it just for the accessories! xD

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #9,533 of 20,136
Posted ESS woodie hybrids to Nikolaus today. If anyone else wants in on giving them a listen, let me know here or by PM. Very informal tour. Review would be nice, but impressions also acceptable.

Thanks again, Eric! They'll make for some relaxing listening in the evenings while I'm at my in-laws' vacation house :wink_face:

In other news...

I got Cayin C5 Spark Amp/DAC and RHA T20 in the mail today :L3000:

Haven't opened the T20 yet but did open the C5 Spark. Here's a LINK to photos if anyone's interested. It's basically the same packaging and case as the C5 amp but has a different back plate with a switch for the DAC function.

Sounds like I remember the original Cayin C5 amp sounding, which is a very good thing as far as the default sound signature is concerned but bass boost is still too broad-spectrum for my taste, warming up both bass and mids.

Low gain is still too powerful for IEM IMHO. Using my RHA MA750, I get to a low comfortable listening level when I can just barely see 2 appear on the volume dial. By the time 2 is disappearing on the volume dial, I'm afraid my eardrums might implode :eek:

I'm happy to report that I don't hear channel imbalance at audible levels like I did with the Cayin C5 amp I used to own.

I was hoping that the DAC might work out of the box with iDevices, but it's just marketed for use with computers and Android devices. Bummer...

And shh... I'm getting the Shanling H3 & M3 tomorrow to set up a North American tour. Not that I'd let you guys in on that first or anything...

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #9,534 of 20,136

In other news...

I got Cayin C5 Spark Amp/DAC and RHA T20 in the mail today
L3000.gif

Haven't opened the T20 yet but did open the C5 Spark. Here's a LINK to photos if anyone's interested. It's basically the same packaging and case as the C5 amp but has a different back plate with a switch for the DAC function.

Sounds like I remember the original Cayin C5 amp sounding, which is a very good thing as far as the default sound signature is concerned but bass boost is still too broad-spectrum for my taste, warming up both bass and mids.

Low gain is still too powerful for IEM IMHO. Using my RHA MA750, I get to a low comfortable listening level when I can just barely see 2 appear on the volume dial. By the time 2 is disappearing on the volume dial, I'm afraid my eardrums might implode
eek.gif

I'm happy to report that I don't hear channel imbalance at audible levels like I did with the Cayin C5 amp I used to own.

I was hoping that the DAC might work out of the box with iDevices, but it's just marketed for use with computers and Android devices. Bummer...

And shh... I'm getting the Shanling H3 & M3 tomorrow to set up a North American tour. Not that I'd let you guys in on that first or anything...

C5DAC has rly nice packaging just like the N6!

I'll probably have the C5DAC, customart Ei.3, noble savant, and possibly the T20 (if @nmatheis get them to me!) under the same roof! That'll b a whole lotta fun times with listening!

Also it seems the C5DAC has the same amp section as the C5 then?

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #9,535 of 20,136
C5DAC has rly nice packaging just like the N6!

I'll probably have the C5DAC, customart Ei.3, noble savant, and possibly the T20 (if @nmatheis
 get them to me!) under the same roof! That'll b a whole lotta fun times with listening!

Also it seems the C5DAC has the same amp section as the C5 then?

C5DAC packaging is essentially the same as the original C5 amp but with mention of the DAC function and the Android cable. Other than that, it's practically identical down to telling the user to charge the "babbery" before use :wink_face:

I don't know if it's the same amp section, but the sound is familiar from memory. Sold my C5 amp awhile back, but this sure sounds familiar. Wish I still had the C5 amp to compare directly, but no dice...

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #9,536 of 20,136
Hey Doods heres a blast from the past.

Loving You by Rinnie Riperton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE0pwJ5PMDg

Loving You -The Voice UK 2013 - Leah McFall sings in the Live Final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfjFx-wMiy4

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #9,537 of 20,136

Europe - The Final Countdown (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&list=RDyCC_b5WHLX0&index=17

Roxette - Spending My Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG0IYV6G0I0&index=18&list=RDyCC_b5WHLX0

Scorpions - Wind Of Change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #9,538 of 20,136
When ever I travel out of the country I always bring back a bottle of some kind of alcohol from that area.

Me to, in my stomach :wink:

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #9,539 of 20,136

$10? Link please! I might pick these up, if not for the IEMs, it'll be worth it just for the accessories! xD

They were on sale on KZ official aliexpress store, now they're 24 bucks, they should do another sale soon...

I don't miss the chin slider like some dudes here, but I almost never use it anyways, I prefer to use shirt clips.

I'm really liking it...
I wasn't into the T1-E, B3 Pro 1, Piston 2, and the olders ED and ES, I liked the VSD3/S much more, but this time...well I'm really liking it!
Will do some A/B tests tonight.

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #9,540 of 20,136

They were on sale on KZ official aliexpress store, now they're 24 bucks, they should do another sale soon...

I don't miss the chin slider like some dudes here, but I almost never use it anyways, I prefer to use shirt clips.

I'm really liking it...
I wasn't into the T1-E, B3 Pro 1, Piston 2, and the olders ED and ES, I liked the VSD3/S much more, but this time...well I'm really liking it!
Will do some A/B tests tonight.

Love my ATE, like others I can't believe I got these for sub $10! The materials and build quality are worth that alone, the fact that they sound awesome is just ridiculous
blink.gif
 They have become (because of the Mic and their efficiency) my go to pair with my iPhone6 now. I do swap out with my Klipsch S3m's, Audeo' PFE-022's, Westone ADV's and when I want to look like Princess Leia I wear my pink Senn Moe's
tongue.gif

Watch AliExpress DJ, they do run sales on them all the time but I think sellers have caught on that these are pretty nice iem's
redface.gif

Who was it that mentioned posting Lab pics, got myself a new travel labs bag
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back