"The Lab"
May 30, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #7,516 of 20,136

What's the price like $600

Adam - try adding almost 3K to that estimate.

RRP is supposed to be $3500

May 30, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #7,517 of 20,136
  Fidue A73. Read it and buy! 

Cheers!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13260

I'm officially passing the torch and the title of "review machine" to Vince
beerchug.gif

May 30, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #7,518 of 20,136
  I just bought the Aune T1 tube amp/dac for a really good price can't wait my first step into tube amps. I really would like to get Schiits Valhalla 2 one day.

Valhalla's on my list, too.

May 30, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #7,520 of 20,136

Cheers!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13260

Thanks Vince.  Are these on the warm side?  I've already heard from someone who knows my tastes really well.  He has a pair, and his first comment is that he thinks they'll be warmer than my normal preference.  I asked him how warm, and he suggested that there is a relationship with A71 as well as A83.  This got my alarm bells going - as I wasn't a fan of the A71.  I gave mine away in the end.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to hear the A73 in another couple of months.

May 30, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #7,521 of 20,136
I'm officially passing the torch and the title of "review machine" to Vince
beerchug.gif

Yep - 8 reviews in the last two weeks.  My 2-3/month rate is glacial in comparison 
blink.gif

May 30, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #7,522 of 20,136

Cheers!

Wow! That makes me want to try them even more!!! Do you have the A65 as well?

May 30, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #7,523 of 20,136
Thanks Vince.  Are these on the warm side?  I've already heard from someone who knows my tastes really well.  He has a pair, and his first comment is that he thinks they'll be warmer than my normal preference.  I asked him how warm, and he suggested that there is a relationship with A71 as well as A83.  This got my alarm bells going - as I wasn't a fan of the A71.  I gave mine away in the end.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to hear the A73 in another couple of months.
I think just like the A83, tip selection is key.

I have two go to tips, Sony hybrids (large) and Lunashops gray/red (medium) tips.

Sony hybrids usually brings bass forwards and warms the sound for me.

Lunashops gray/red wide bore tips make for a great seal and fits the openings of my ears perfectly. They leave lots of room for a more balanced and detailed sound.

With my a73 I used the wide bore Lunashops tip and didn't ever feel like things were too warm, more that the treble isn't as spiked. Think along the lines of Dunu Titan midrange. Was that too warm for your preference Paul?

The A73 was to me kind of like the Titan with more sub bass extension and more relaxed upper midrange and treble. It also had better resolution and details.

Ask your friend to try a wide bore tip and see if it changed his impression of it being warm.

Hope this helps

May 30, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #7,526 of 20,136
Yep - 8 reviews in the last two weeks.  My 2-3/month rate is glacial in comparison :blink:
I honestly ran into too much good stuff at once. The same time I bought some stuff review samples came in. It was a perfect storm. From here on out I'm holding out for stuff I know I'd probably like.

May 30, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #7,528 of 20,136
I honestly ran into too much good stuff at once. The same time I bought some stuff review samples came in. It was a perfect storm. From here on out I'm holding out for stuff I know I'd probably like.

I hear ya... my next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind of listening and note-taking. Rough write-ups for now and then hone them later. I HAVE at least learned that taking notes on my laptop creates better rough reviews than making notes on paper.

May 30, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #7,529 of 20,136
trigger pulled!

One-question interview/assessment for future Labsters: "Do you have impulse control issues?" If the answer is "yes," you're in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back