"The Lab"
May 30, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #7,531 of 20,136
I hear ya... my next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind of listening and note-taking. Rough write-ups for now and then hone them later. I HAVE at least learned that taking notes on my laptop creates better rough reviews than making notes on paper.
I feel like with each review my approach improves little by little.

My current routine is to work off of a Google docs template and fill in the blanks. I feel like that keeps things organized and allows readers to "skip to the good stuff."

I play them overnight for a few nights at a loud volume, then listen to one or two them exclusively for a few more days.

I've been sneaking listens of the A73 this whole week and spent all day with it after writing the Huaham review last night.

I just want to get the word out on these, they are fabulous and need to get some exposure.

May 30, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #7,532 of 20,136
With my a73 I used the wide bore Lunashops tip and didn't ever feel like things were too warm, more that the treble isn't as spiked. Think along the lines of Dunu Titan midrange. Was that too warm for your preference Paul?

The A73 was to me kind of like the Titan with more sub bass extension and more relaxed upper midrange and treble. It also had better resolution and details.

Hope this helps

Helps a lot Vince - thanks.  And the Titan is pretty close to perfect for me.  The 2000J is even closer to that perfection (which is why the Trinity Delta is also still in my regular rotation - I'm listening to it while I'm typing this).  All three share the same tonality.

I think I'll have to wait until I hear the A73.  I'm not buying any more gear for now (except maybe new speakers).  Might be time to consolidate for a while with what I have.  Vic will get me his pair of A73 sometime in the next 6-8 weeks.  Then I'll probably listen and write up.  Should be interesting to compare notes then 
beerchug.gif

May 30, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #7,533 of 20,136
I think I'll have to wait until I hear the A73.  I'm not buying any more gear for now (except maybe new speakers).  Might be time to consolidate for a while with what I have.  Vic will get me his pair of A73 sometime in the next 6-8 weeks.  Then I'll probably listen and write up.  Should be interesting to compare notes then 
beerchug.gif

I might have an opportunity with A73 as well, though not in a rush.  Was in a same boat as Vince, now finally enjoying a little breather, taking a break from reviews though not for too long.  Have some incoming review loaners in the next few weeks.

May 30, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #7,534 of 20,136
Wow! That makes me want to try them even more!!! Do you have the A65 as well?
A65 will be one of my next reviews. That and the soundmagic e80. I'm going to be listening to them two next.

The soundmagic e80 is another really special IEM. Expect the review on that one to be rated high. The A65 is no slouch either.

Like I said before, I've honestly been blessed with a few really good in-ears lately.

Cheers

May 30, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #7,535 of 20,136
Helps a lot Vince - thanks.  And the Titan is pretty close to perfect for me.  The 2000J is even closer to that perfection (which is why the Trinity Delta is also still in my regular rotation - I'm listening to it while I'm typing this).  All three share the same tonality.

I think I'll have to wait until I hear the A73.  I'm not buying any more gear for now (except maybe new speakers).  Might be time to consolidate for a while with what I have.  Vic will get me his pair of A73 sometime in the next 6-8 weeks.  Then I'll probably listen and write up.  Should be interesting to compare notes then :beerchug:
Sounds good Paul.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping to someday get a shot at the Dn2000j. I'm sure it's really good.

May 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #7,536 of 20,136
When you guys write up reviews do you write it in like Microsoft word or docs, then copy and paste it into the Head-Fi editor?

Has anyone been having problems gettjng onto Luna shops web?

May 30, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #7,538 of 20,136
When you guys write up reviews do you write it in like Microsoft word or docs, then copy and paste it into the Head-Fi editor?

I use Word for the text. Once I copy and paste the text into the Head-Fi review text input window, I upload my pics from my laptop.

May 30, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #7,539 of 20,136
Just moved into a new aprtment and thiught id share my new audio corner. Got everything from portzble to desktop setups covered here and ready to roll!

My girlfriend drew me a painting of a game character wearing a pair of Audezes :cool:

May 30, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #7,540 of 20,136
I use Word for the text. Once I copy and paste the text into the Head-Fi review text input window, I upload my pics from my laptop.

I use the Notes app on iOS and OS X. Similar to using using Google Docs, since it syncs across my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Pro.

May 30, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #7,543 of 20,136

MS Word...

just checked, http://www.lunashops.com/ works ok.

May 30, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #7,545 of 20,136

Yep - I just use a word doc - but I paste as text (never preformatted), and it can take me around 30 minutes to an hour just on fomatting alone to get it looking right using Head-Fi's editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back