1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Open it already!

2. peter123
    20170608_205157.jpg
    Ha ha, I've got it for a week already but haven't had the time to open it yet. Work has been a mess lately and we're finalizing our new kitchen. As soon as the kitchen is done it will be a VERY long time before I do some project in the house again :wink:

Hopefully I'll get the time to open it tonight or tomorrow....

Edit: This is what our living room looks like now so unpacking anything would have fatal conservative for me ha ha:

Edit 2: of course the picture comes out at the start of the post, this new site really is a mess. I hope they're able to get things back on track soon because I really find it to be a hassle to use it the way it's now. From the look of the activity on the site these days I'm not alone......

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    ngoshawk likes this.
  3. Mr Trev
    Damn that's some sweet box! :ksc75smile:

4. B9Scrambler
    DSC01332.JPG

Saw this little dude out on a walk today. Looks pretty content :darthsmile:

5. ranfan
    That's awesome :) Where did you find it? It looks more content than many TOTL headphone owners out there, haha

6. ngoshawk
    My iFi iTube2 video review is now live. What an excellent little critter! thank you for the opportunity, @iFi audio !

B9Scrambler likes this.
  7. B9Scrambler
    Haha, nice one. Was in a little pond in a local park here in London (the Canadian one).

ranfan likes this.
  8. ngoshawk
    Hisoundfi and B9Scrambler like this.
  9. ngoshawk
    On...a...roll....the excellent affordable Bluetooth capable Cayin N3. Thank you @Andykong ! Written review hopefully, by the end of the week...almost done, it is...

10. B9Scrambler
    Nice stuff @ngoshawk!

Going budget today with the Penon BS1 and Walnut V2 (holy mother of a powerhouse...).

20170613_084612.jpg

ngoshawk likes this.
  11. ngoshawk
    Thanks, mate! I have a "care package" on the way with some interesting stuff...a nice DAP shootout should be the result.

12. Mr Trev
    Hows that Walnut work for real world everyday use, not having a screen and all? Not sure I could deal with that, but the device seems to get its fair share of love

13. B9Scrambler
    This is the first day I've been using it, but so far so good. I just tossed in the memory card I was using for the Shanling M1, set 'er to random, and away we go. I tend to listen to my music collection on random most of the time anyway which doesn't require a screen, so it's working out fine. Can only see it being a problem if I want a specific song as I don't know the order of the files/folders loaded in the card.

Basic controls are easy to use and self explanatory enough, but I really wish there was something that outlined the more in depth stuff. The digital volume adjustment technique for the regular Walnut doesn't apply and as-is this thing is LOUD. Got the volume pot set at just before 1 o'clock and that's plenty for me.

Going to have to spend some time making my own instruction booklet it seems, haha.

14. ngoshawk
    Hisoundfi likes this.
  15. Hisoundfi Contributor