1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. HiFiChris Contributor
  2. Mr Trev
  3. B9Scrambler
    From a teensy dual-BA unit to a pudgy dual-DD unit.You get everything in this thread :) Here's my take on the SOMiC V4.

DSC00661.jpg       DSC00662.jpg       DSC00668.jpg
     ​
    http://www.head-fi.org/products/new-arrival-somic-v4-double-moving-coil-in-ear-earphones/reviews/18205​

4. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Hey guys, I know I've been distant. If you've been a subscriber to the Lab for a while, you'll know that a while back my wife and I were expecting and miscarried. We tried again about five months ago and unfortunately had the same result. We have been on a mission to have a baby since getting married in 2014. Well, I've been away from Head-Fi for a while because my wife has been pregos once again and on bed rest. Because of this A LOT of the responsibilities at home have fallen on me, leaving me with little or no time to hang out with you bros (and sisses) or write reviews. But as we all know, family first! I'm happy to say, we've made it through the most crucial first trimester, and we're confident that baby Z will be coming around September!

20170318_111055.jpg
    An ultrasound pic of Hisoundfi Jr. I know what you're thinking, and no, Baby Z doesn't have a massive boner, that's his/her foot. Not sure if it's a boy or a girl yet, but I'll keep y'all posted. Little does Baby Z know, it's going to inherit a bunch of outdated earphones, LMAO!

I've been quiet about all of this because I didn't want to jinx it like last time and embarrass myself. Because we are through the first trimester and the wife is off of bed rest, I should be able to have more time to post and review. I hope you all are well. 

Cheers,

Hisoundfi

PS: If anyone could please photoshop a nice pair of earphones and DAP on Baby Z and post it here, it will for sure go in Baby Z's book!

5. Hisoundfi Contributor
    And, in the spirit of being back in the swing of things, here's a review of the LZ-A4:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a4/reviews/18235
    20170318_101148.jpg

6. ngoshawk
    Welcome back, and best of luck on a successful pregnancy! :punch_tone2::muscle_tone2::sunglasses:

Hisoundfi likes this.
  7. doctorjazz
    Best of luck @hisoundfi from me as well (as someone who went through all this about 20 years ago, you have me rooting for you!)

Hisoundfi likes this.
  8. r2muchstuff
    Been there done that.  Thinking about your wife & you.

r2

9. peter123
    We've finally moved back home after the fire but 1/3 of the house will still need full reconstruction. At least the most important is up and running again:

20170319_120814.jpg

10. howdy
    Congrats!

11. B9Scrambler
    peter123 likes this.
  12. ngoshawk

Very nice! Congrats on that aspect of your "rebuilding" project.:thumbsup:

peter123 likes this.
  13. Mr Trev
    Great news indeed.
    After some time passes, and you can smile about the situation, be sure to tell us if your gear has improved since its been pyro-treated[​IMG]

14. peter123

Ha ha, right you are. At least everything should be properly burned in by now :wink:

doctorjazz and Hisoundfi like this.
  15. golov17
    [​IMG][​IMG]

peter123 and Luiz Santana like this.