"The Lab"
Aug 6, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #18,151 of 20,136
Thinking something along those lines myself.

Still got the Mojo? Wondering how it pairs with the X3 as a transport

I actually mailed it back to the owner today, should've testet with the X3 first. I've tried the X3 with my Burson V2+ before and it worked great.

Mojo and ChromecastAudio worked great though :)

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #18,152 of 20,136

Thinking something along those lines myself.

Still got the Mojo? Wondering how it pairs with the X3 as a transport (I know the Fiio is just feeding bits and shouldn't have any sound of its own, but wondering about sync issues or anything. Don't think I've read much at all about using the X3 for transport duties)

I'm using the X3 with the Mojo and a Fiio L8 cable as the interconnect. It works perfectly (so far...). I've got the X3 stacking kit which holds the two together in quite a neat little stack - as stacks go.
I'm charging them up ATM so I can't get a picture (cables are too short) but I'll post one later, if I remember...

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #18,153 of 20,136
  I'm using the X3 with the Mojo and a Fiio L8 cable as the interconnect. It works perfectly (so far...). I've got the X3 stacking kit which holds the two together in quite a neat little stack - as stacks go.
I'm charging them up ATM so I can't get a picture (cables are too short) but I'll post one later, if I remember...

Thanks. Been thinking lately maybe instead of getting a new DAP, just upgrade to DAC/AMP. If the Shanling H3 had a coax in I would've bought one when they were on sale a bit back

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #18,154 of 20,136
Thanks. Been thinking lately maybe instead of getting a new DAP, just upgrade to DAC/AMP. If the Shanling H3 had a coax in I would've bought one when they were on sale a bit back

I keep hearing X7, X7 in my head every time I think about a new DAP :wink:

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #18,155 of 20,136

Now that I have the Mojo, I'm holding out for Fiio's T3 rather than getting a full-blown DAP. Or at least I'm trying to...the Pioneer XDP-100R is quite tempting, as is the X7.
Anyway, here are a couple of (not very good) pictures:

Hopefully they are enough to give you some idea.

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #18,156 of 20,136
Now that I have the Mojo, I'm holding out for Fiio's T3 rather than getting a full-blown DAP. Or at least I'm trying to...the Pioneer XDP-100R is quite tempting, as is the X7.

Nice!

What cable is that?

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #18,158 of 20,136
It' the Fiio L8. It's actually a normal stereo cable but the connectors in the coaxial ports line up and it works very well.

Thanks! That's great news since I'm pretty sure that I've got that cable somewhere.

Should be getting the iBasso D14 tomorrow and the coax cable included there look really thick.

Aug 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #18,159 of 20,136
Finally back! Haven't got enough time lately for HF because of all the work I suddenly took on.. 

Anyhow, does anyone have any ideas on how to repair a bent USB plug on the Dragonfly? Laptop fell off the table and the plug of my poor little Dragonfly got bent. Still usable, but it looks like it's going to break any moment especially if I accidentally bend it just one more time... 

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #18,160 of 20,136
I keep hearing X7, X7 in my head every time I think about a new DAP :wink:

FWIW, I'm really enjoying the DAPs I've heard with AKM DACs. So I think Shanling M5 and Cayin N5 (and i5) should be in your radar if they aren't already. Shanling is also coming out with an Android based DAP later this year. I don't have any source yet, but I'm betting that will sound great, too. If you're really interested in X7, I'd suggest waiting for the second generation which I'm betting will have a flush screen and smaller case.

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #18,161 of 20,136
Having fun with TeriPlayer G1, a tiny screenless WAV-only DAP handcrafted in Indonesia. FW that enables MP3 and FLAC decoding is on the way. What's really cool is that you can roll opamps to fine tune the sound to your preference. I've got MUSES02 in mine right now. It's also cool that only 60 are made and AFAIK, I snagged the only one sold internationally.

PS: If there are any Labsters in the USA that I've traded with before who want a listen, let me know...

Aug 7, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #18,162 of 20,136
I keep hearing X7, X7 in my head every time I think about a new DAP
wink.gif

Really, the biggest reason I have for wanting a new DAP atm is 2 card slots - silly, I know.

Thinking if I want to got upmarket in SQ. Just use my X3 as a transport (or a T3, or maybe this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-usb-dac-transport-bluetooth-dsd)
Since using an iphone, I'm totally off the concept of a touchscreen device though - I likes my physical buttons/knobs

Nice, not nearly as ugly as I was expecting

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #18,165 of 20,136
FWIW, I'm really enjoying the DAPs I've heard with AKM DACs. So I think Shanling M5 and Cayin N5 (and i5) should be in your radar if they aren't already. Shanling is also coming out with an Android based DAP later this year. I don't have any source yet, but I'm betting that will sound great, too. If you're really interested in X7, I'd suggest waiting for the second generation which I'm betting will have a flush screen and smaller case.

Thanks for the input, I'll keep it in mind. Just for the record I'd never pay full price for the X7 but if I can find a used or discounted on at a good price I'll be hard to stop. If not the N5 seems very good as well.

Wow, I'm surprised. I figured you'd be on that like Oprah on a baked ham:D

Lmao! Yeah, I read about it and will definitely get one in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back