"The Lab"
Aug 2, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #18,108 of 20,136
+1
I have a pair as well

Vince, I am itching to buy some new gear, I have had a look at your profile and see that you currently rate the LZ A2S as your top value for money IEM at the moment? - I am also considering the Fidue A73 and Havi B3 Pro II.

I am also thinking of getting another Fiio E12A amp but I wonder if anything new on the block can beat it near its price?

I also have my eye on the IFI IDSD but its size is putting me off a bit.

I see that RedJohn is also looking for a good IEM, all opinions would be great???

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #18,109 of 20,136
The IDSD flat out rocks and is super versatile. Not the most rich and dynamic sound you'll ever hear but it's true to the recording and sounds great.

The Ibasso D14 impressed me recently with all of its versatility as well. Again, it is more linear sounding but matches well with bassy earphones.

The LZ-A2S isn't going to blow you away with amazing transparency or micro detail, but it will impress in areas of dynamics, richness in tone, and overall balance. I like it so much because the cable and fit are fantastic, and they are really fun and easy to listen to. peter123 pretty much nailed it in his review.

I guess it comes down to your budget and other pieces of gear. If you like, carry this over to PM and we can be more specific.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #18,110 of 20,136
+1

I have a pair as well

Nice!

Funny thing, I was just checking the One and 2 working properly since I've got a bunch of other stuff in front of them in the line. Went well with One but the two stayed in there for several hours, as a matter of fact I woke up at 4 this morning with them still in my ears ha ha.

Edit :
I don't know the price yet but everything under $200 is a steal in my book.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #18,111 of 20,136
Nice!

Funny thing, I was just checking the One and 2 working properly since I've got a bunch of other stuff in front of them in the line. Went well with One but the two stayed in there for several hours, as a matter of fact I woke up at 4 this morning with them still in my ears ha ha.
Dude, I swear on Everything I had almost the EXACT same experience! I listened to the N1 for a half hour, popped in the N2 and was like "chyea". Jammed them the rest of the night and ended up waking at like 2 AM with them still in my ears.

It's a shame they used such a janky cable. It's not horrible but dude for the price I would have expected something at least a little bit nicer.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #18,112 of 20,136
Dude, I swear on Everything I had almost the EXACT same experience! I listened to the N1 for a half hour, popped in the N2 and was like "chyea". Jammed them the rest of the night and ended up waking at like 2 AM with them still in my ears.

It's a shame they used such a janky cable. It's not horrible but dude for the price I would have expected something at least a little bit nicer.

Ha ha, good to know that I'm not crazy (at least not the only one :wink: ).

Yeah the cable suck and so does memory wire, my ears seems to hate memory wires. With that design the cables should've been detachable.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #18,113 of 20,136
Vince, thanks for the info!

It is hard to keep up with all the new stuff on the market.

I suppose my budget would be about $150-$200 as overall I prefer cans (so far) but my experience with IEM's is only about 6 pairs which did not impress me at all until I got a pair of Paradigm Shift E3M (IEM) about a year ago, which are decent but I have never found tips that give a good seal that do not degrade the SQ.

Maybe we can see what other opinions are posted before we PM - as I reckon that there are lots of people out there also looking but are too shy to ask on HF.

P.S. Did someone mention that Fiio have a new flagship amp in the pipeline?

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #18,115 of 20,136
@Luke Pighetti That's a masterpiece. Wow 
beyersmile.png

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #18,116 of 20,136
  Shameless self promotion, I know, but Aria SLAYS this track.

The Aria must be good - my ears are bleeding after listening to that with... anything! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #18,119 of 20,136
Yes indeed, though I'm quite liking the S5 so far. I would take it over the LZ A2S tbh. Still, neither can compete with my budget king FXH30.

I nominate Ostry KC06A to slay the king
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back