Dec 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #15,317 of 20,136
X2 in house!! Thus ends my gear envy
wink.gif

Now, what to listen to first…

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #15,318 of 20,136
  X2 in house!! Thus ends my gear envy
wink.gif

Now, what to listen to first…

Why, some Steven Wilson or Porcupine Tree of course!

Congrats!

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #15,322 of 20,136
Not sure what to think of it myself. Can't seem to log in using LastPass without jumping through hoops.

@Baycode 
@peter123

How's the build quality on your X2s?

There's been many complaints on another thread and apparently Amazon has suspended sale to investigate.
I got some sharp edges on mine and some trim that isn't flush, but that's mostly it. Aside from the somewhat firm and chemically smelling earpads 

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #15,323 of 20,136
Dec 17, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #15,324 of 20,136
Not sure what to think of it myself. Can't seem to log in using LastPass without jumping through hoops.

@Baycode

@peter123

There's been many complaints on another thread and apparently Amazon has suspended sale to investigate.
I got some sharp edges on mine and some trim that isn't flush, but that's mostly it. Aside from the somewhat firm and chemically smelling earpads 

Sorry to hear this Mr Trev :frowning2:
I think I am the first owner of this headphone in headfi and my unit is still in flawless condition. Didnt have a smell issue either from the first day.

(High demand might have a bad effect on quality control of production units? If so not so good for Philips...)

Edit: While reading through the recent posts in X2 thread I came across a post indicating that QC issues might be with the recent HD600 units sold from Amazon. Interesting... : http://www.head-fi.org/t/538255/sennheiser-hd-600-impressions-thread/13050#post_12168630

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #15,325 of 20,136

@Baycode

@peter123

I've also seen the complaints in the X2 thread but after owning my pair for a year I still haven't had one single issue with it (other than trouble stop listening to it :wink: ).

As always their will be more noise from those that have issues than from those who's happy so I find it difficult to say how big the problems really are.

Anyway I'm hoping that they sound as they should and that you enjoy them.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #15,326 of 20,136
Dec 17, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #15,327 of 20,136
Wonder if they can update the FW on that thing to support phones. The tiny size is perfect.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #15,328 of 20,136
Sorry to hear this Mr Trev
frown.gif

I think I am the first owner of this headphone in headfi and my unit is still in flawless condition. Didnt have a smell issue either from the first day.

(High demand might have a bad effect on quality control of production units? If so not so good for Philips...)

Edit: While reading through the recent posts in X2 thread I came across a post indicating that QC issues might be with the recent HD600 units sold from Amazon. Interesting... : http://www.head-fi.org/t/538255/sennheiser-hd-600-impressions-thread/13050#post_12168630

I've also seen the complaints in the X2 thread but after owning my pair for a year I still haven't had one single issue with it (other than trouble stop listening to it
wink.gif
).

As always their will be more noise from those that have issues than from those who's happy so I find it difficult to say how big the problems really are.

Anyway I'm hoping that they sound as they should and that you enjoy them.

It really does seem like most of the issues are cosmetic, however 1 guy apparently has gotten 4 different pairs with varying degrees of the same thing. Since I jumped into the thread, I've been the only one to mention hard, smelly earpds
blink.gif
. Otherwise they do sound fine. The cable is not nearly as microphonic as some folks were making it out to be, but it sure is long
wink.gif
 (might have to invest in a shorter cable). Even the hard stinky earpads aren't bothering me too much (or maybe I'm just getting stoned off the fumes and don't care
biggrin.gif
)

Either way I've been in contact with Amazon, and we'll see what they find out. (i'm imagining its just a bad production run). I did see mention of the HD600 problems too, but didn't check to see what the problems are

Forgot to mention, they look damn fine perched on the Adamstands
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #15,329 of 20,136
Here's something I've been wondering about…

Been rifling through boxes looking for CDs to rip. At one time I had everything organized, but over the years that's gone to hell. Thinking about it, I realised that it'd probably just be faster and easier to just download them. What would be the legal ramifications of that? I do own the discs, so could it fall under fair use policy? What if a disc is scratched too bad to be read properly - could that be justification for a download? Any legal experts out there?

Just to clarify, I have no intentions on becoming a music pirate or anything.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #15,330 of 20,136
It really does seem like most of the issues are cosmetic, however 1 guy apparently has gotten 4 different pairs with varying degrees of the same thing. Since I jumped into the thread, I've been the only one to mention hard, smelly earpds:blink: . Otherwise they do sound fine. The cable is not nearly as microphonic as some folks were making it out to be, but it sure is long:wink:  (might have to invest in a shorter cable). Even the hard stinky earpads aren't bothering me too much (or maybe I'm just getting stoned off the fumes and don't care:D )

Either way I've been in contact with Amazon, and we'll see what they find out. (i'm imagining its just a bad production run). I did see mention of the HD600 problems too, but didn't check to see what the problems are

Forgot to mention, they look damn fine perched on the Adamstands:D

I'm glad you're enjoying them. I'm sure Amazon will work it out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back