"The Lab"
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #15,032 of 20,136
  Mr Trev, would you be kind enough to give us your views on Fiio E12a Vs Topping NX1 just for SQ?

p. s. of course anyone else is welcome to give us their view - I hear a lot of good things about the NX1 except for its reliability (on Amazon reviews)

My short answer would be the e12a sounds warmer and fuller than the nx1. Its especially noticable in the bass range where the nx1 just doesn't have the presence of the Fiio. Top end is fairly similar. SS on the Fiio seems bigger - by which I mean it fills my ears more (I've never really gotten a handle on staging with iem/phones). Personally, I don't think the nx1 would be the best match with a brighter source.

As far as reliability goes, haven't had a problem yet, even though the plastic in the USB plug arrived cracked (as long as it still charges I'm happy)

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #15,034 of 20,136
  My short answer would be the e12a sounds warmer and fuller than the nx1. Its especially noticable in the bass range where the nx1 just doesn't have the presence of the Fiio. Top end is fairly similar. SS on the Fiio seems bigger - by which I mean it fills my ears more (I've never really gotten a handle on staging with iem/phones). Personally, I don't think the nx1 would be the best match with a brighter source.

As far as reliability goes, haven't had a problem yet, even though the plastic in the USB plug arrived cracked (as long as it still charges I'm happy)

Light, I can't speak for the difference in the NX1/e12a as I don't have one but my Topping has been running flawlesly for over a year now. Probably have between 100-150 hours on it
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif
fella's

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #15,035 of 20,136
Twister bro, when are your getting your mitts on the Mojo?

There's one floating around the US right now. Purk had it first. Then Howdy. Their reviews should be up soon. It's on it's way to Cotnijoe now. After that, I'll get it and pass it off the Whitigir. Lots of new reviews coming soon to complement Relic's excellent review.
:beerchug:

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #15,036 of 20,136
  Sorry bro! pass me the cotton wool - this one is more like it!
etysmile.gif

Oh Jesus, I can't show this to the wifey. I just got her over her crush on Chris Hemsworth
eek.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #15,037 of 20,136
Thanks Mr Trev, Podster and Nmetheis for all the info.

I am very tempted to get a Mojo but am not quite sure about having a stack again.

I have a very good sound right now but it appears to me that we will never be contented with what we have! 
confused_face_2.gif

Perhaps the Mojo might not be expensive enough for Relics taste!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #15,038 of 20,136
  Thanks Mr Trev, Podster and Nmetheis for all the info.

I am very tempted to get a Mojo but am not quite sure about having a stack again.

I have a very good sound right now but it appears to me that we will never be contented with what we have! 
confused_face_2.gif

Perhaps the Mojo might not be expensive enough for Relics taste!!!
evil_smiley.gif

LOL, you gonna take that Craig
blink.gif

Here I was just thinking how sweet the Mojo would be strapped to an AK100 with a pair of K10's (Custom stamped with Crusty the Clown)
ph34r.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #15,039 of 20,136

LOL, you gonna take that Craig
blink.gif

Here I was just thinking how sweet the Mojo would be strapped to an AK100 with a pair of K10's (Custom stamped with Crusty the Clown)
ph34r.gif

Podster, are you implying that Relic has more money than sense?
blink.gif

Or perhaps he has a better ear for music while you and eye have a roaming eye for the ladies - an eye that gets us into a load of trouble!
confused.gif
confused.gif

Over and out guys - the boss! has dragged me out of my cave.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #15,040 of 20,136
Oh, my ears are burning!!

You want to talk about more money than sense? I'm strongly considering grabbing an AK120 Titan simply because it would stack so well with the Mojo!! I have a problem......

Light - Man, the Mojo is at the top of my list for SQ. it's incredibly good regardless of the price. What has me more smitten with it is when I 'interviewed' Rob Watts his responses convinced me I'm not really missing anything from the Hugo. I didn't include everything we talked about in my review at the request of Chord but let me just say that the Mojo is a very good deal (and I LOVE a good deal)! Never mind that it can output 5.3V RMS (not just peak) and can pretty much drive any headphone well. Also, knowing the implementation, I'm confident that you really can't get a better signal from the DAC than from the Mojo (and Hugo). If you like Rob's amazing DAC (it's truly better than off the shelf implementations, trust me) then that's exactly what you're hearing through the headphone output.

Those with much more extensive experience with TOTL gear who have properly measured it also plan to purchase one and are very impressed.

How's that for hype? If you haven't tried the Mojo I suggest you run to your local dealer and check it out if you can.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.........

Hype train and common sense signing out.....

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #15,042 of 20,136
Dec 3, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #15,043 of 20,136
Dec 3, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #15,044 of 20,136
You guys should check out Zoe Keating

http://music.zoekeating.com/album/into-the-trees

She basically plays solo but loops - the result is stunning.  The album I linked is wonderful.

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #15,045 of 20,136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back