The JVC HA-S500 thread.
May 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #6,662 of 8,352
Quote:
Couldn't find it, could you shoot me a link?

This one here fits many a headphone, it's the one I have.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headband-Cushion-Pad-fit-BEYER-HiFiMAN-DENON-SONY-KOSS-BOSE-BEATS-DRE-Headphones-/200799150982

I'd take off the little pads if you are going to use the band, but try it first to see how you like it.
The little pads are on with that rubbery stuff they attach credit cards to paper with.
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #6,663 of 8,352
Daft Punk RAM on the C3, S500's and a cup o' Timmies for an afternoon customer box reload...

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio."

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #6,666 of 8,352
Still loving these. I've always liked my drums and bass to be punchy and well textured, and these really deliver that. I also still can't get over how aesthetically pleasing they are, and how sturdy and light they are.

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #6,667 of 8,352
Quote:
Still loving these. I've always liked my drums and bass to be punchy and well textured, and these really deliver that. I also still can't get over how aesthetically pleasing they are, and how sturdy and light they are.

I can't get over that you get all that awesomeness for such a cheap price.

Best bang for buck ever as kova4a would say. 
size]

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #6,668 of 8,352
EQ is this things best friend... I can hear the bassist's fingers strike the cords now <drool>

I don't know what it is, If it's my new dac or 'burn in' or perhaps EQ but man... These things seriously are starting to sound so seductive. Give it a .flac and kick back on cloud 9 my friends.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #6,670 of 8,352
EQ doesn't give these more instrument seperation, soundstage, transparency or etc.  You're not EQing the headphones but the source file.  

EQ any headphone to suit your needs; these arent any different.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #6,671 of 8,352
Quote:

I can't get over that you get all that awesomeness for such a cheap price.

Best bang for buck ever as kova4a would say. 
size]

that still goes to the 10 dollar ksc75

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #6,672 of 8,352
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #6,673 of 8,352
Quote:
EQ doesn't give these more instrument seperation, soundstage, transparency or etc.  You're not EQing the headphones but the source file.  

EQ any headphone to suit your needs; these arent any different.

Here is where I disagree with you - Many, many, many headphones can't handle EQ. It'll often make it way more muddy, way more unclear and often even distort it. These headphones take EQ like a champ. They can be EQed however you want, and they never decrease in quality. Its great!

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #6,674 of 8,352
Hi guys,

A few beginner questions if I may. I've just bought a pair of these based on the general gist/vibe I was getting from this thread about the quality of them.

I'll be plugging these into my iphone 5 for use on the daily commute.

- Would I get much benefit from a portable amp, say a FiiO E7? I'd rather not have to carry around an amp but I understand they can greatly enhance the sound in some situations. 

- I'm reading that people are replacing the pads on these for different soundstage / bass config's. Is there a best combo that I've missed here (rather than going back through 400 pages!)? Any step by step guides for someone that doesn't know what they are doing?

Thank you so much in advance. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #6,675 of 8,352
Quote:
Hi guys,

A few beginner questions if I may. I've just bought a pair of these based on the general gist/vibe I was getting from this thread about the quality of them.

I'll be plugging these into my iphone 5 for use on the daily commute.

- Would I get much benefit from a portable amp, say a FiiO E7? I'd rather not have to carry around an amp but I understand they can greatly enhance the sound in some situations. 

- I'm reading that people are replacing the pads on these for different soundstage / bass config's. Is there a best combo that I've missed here (rather than going back through 400 pages!)? Any step by step guides for someone that doesn't know what they are doing?

Thank you so much in advance. 

No need whatsoever for an amp. These headphones are easily powered by anything.  And there is no one right answer about different pad combos being better sound than others.....everyone's ears are different.

Some of us are quite content with the stock pads, others swear that other pads are better.....my advice, go with the stock pads for a couple of weeks first, and see how you get along with them. After that, if you decide you want to change something, the fan-boys of the various pad combos will happily give you advice on the different ones available.

Happy listening! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back