The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Jun 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #6,691 of 8,352
I am planning on buying those, are they surely really good for music?
do they have the right cable to my computer?  to my guitar amplifier?
Can I post the ebay page and u tell me what cables does it come with?

It comes with one cable.

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #6,693 of 8,352
Quote:
I am planning on buying those, are they surely really good for music?
do they have the right cable to my computer?  to my guitar amplifier?
Can I post the ebay page and u tell me what cables does it come with?

For the price they are very good for music. Stock cable, soldered in (a few guys were talking about modding them to make the cable removable, did anyone succeed?) . And you're probably right in that he meant plug size Eleventy.

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #6,695 of 8,352
Am I getting the most out of my HA-S500s? 

I am using a TASCAM midi interface that supports 24/92 and my sources are FLAC and 24/92 vinyl. 

All very good, but the real question is... Have you opened them and covered the inside of the cups with damping material, tried out at least three different pad combinations, stuffed them with toilet paper and q-tips and tried variations of covering the three bass vents with tape?

If not, then... No, you're not :D.

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #6,696 of 8,352
Quote:
All very good, but the real question is... Have you opened them and covered the inside of the cups with damping material, tried out at least three different pad combinations, stuffed them with toilet paper and q-tips and tried variations of covering the three bass vents with tape?

If not, then... No, you're not
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #6,698 of 8,352
They're very portable. If you put circum-aural earpads on them, they're still portable but you won't want to be seen wearing them in public. I've actually come to find the on-ear to sound best to me anyway. But not as comfortable.

In terms of isolation? Pretty decent I guess. There's sound leak... If that's an issue then you'd be better off with something tighter-clamping/better sealing. Or IEMs. I actually haven't used them in public because I love my IEMs. And, I think, I'm just from a generation (or perhaps just segment of the population) that finds the prospect of walking around in anything larger than discrete clip-ons pretty strange :wink:.

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #6,699 of 8,352
I tried IEMs but i didnt like to much the idea of putting something "inside your brain" hahaha

i was also thinking about the akg k518 because they're smaller, but some people said to me that they're no that good. :/

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #6,700 of 8,352
Quote:
These headphones are good in portable use? ( like walking on the street, riding the bus/metro and stuff like that)

I can't decide if i think they're big or not.

They're super portable. When they came I was actually surprised at how light and small they actually are. I use these everyday when I go to school. Bus rides, breaks, etc.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #6,702 of 8,352
For $50, these headphone look amazing. One problem though, i already have a Shure SRH 440. Is it better than my Shure? Id also like to wear them out in public, im getting a bit sick of IEM's. They would have to be particularly smaller as well.

Jun 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #6,704 of 8,352
Jun 8, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #6,705 of 8,352
I tried IEMs but i didnt like to much the idea of putting something "inside your brain" hahaha

i was also thinking about the akg k518 because they're smaller, but some people said to me that they're no that good. :/

Go for the S500, you won't regret it. :wink:

Best portable headphones I've ever owned.

Oh and lmao about your IEM thoughts. You know they are very far from your brain, even with deep insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back