The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Dec 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #3,961 of 8,352
No, the S500 will not be exported out from Japan. Sometimes Japan produce electronic goods that only circulate within Japan. Only way for you to get them is online from someone in Japan. That's just how things are.

I've always wanted the Kenwood KH-K1000 headphones, but they're never exported for years. And the price is jacked up kinda high.

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #3,962 of 8,352
I wanted to go through all of the videos/songs that were submitted for the competition. I haven't listened to them yet, but thought that I would firstly stick them into this one post. Let me know if I missed any!

Ghostfit:
http://mp3crop.com/music/mp3/My_Sweetest_Surprise_Original_Song_.html

sfwalcer:

7S Cameron:

gopanthersgo1:
- if the video below doesn't play, try this soundcloud link (320 kbps). Btw gopanthersgo1, awesome song!
https://soundcloud.com/marissss/pendulum-9000-miles

RoMee:

1ofamillion:

kova4a:

hatefulsandwich:

WAYNENUMM (he cheated and included 2 videos):

unkle:

shockdoc:

beyersmile.png

Edit: fixing some links..

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #3,963 of 8,352
Quote:
I wanted to go through all of the videos/songs that were submitted for the competition. I haven't listened to them yet, but thought that I would firstly stick them into this one post. Let me know if I missed any!

Ghostfit:
http://mp3crop.com/music/mp3/My_Sweetest_Surprise_Original_Song_.html

sfwalcer:

7S Cameron:

gopanthersgo1:
- if the video below doesn't play, try this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C8PWsI4sRJU

RoMee:

1ofamillion:

kova4a:

hatefulsandwich:

WAYNENUMM (he cheated and included 2 videos):

unkle:

shockdoc:

beyersmile.png

That deserves reposting and being featured on the front page. Good work my friend..

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #3,964 of 8,352
Quote:
That deserves reposting and being featured on the front page. Good work my friend..

Thanks! Btw, gopanthersgo1's song was so cool, I found a better quality version of it on soundcloud and put it in my original post.

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #3,965 of 8,352
Thanks! Btw, gopanthersgo1's song was so cool, I found a better quality version of it on soundcloud and put it in my original post.
I'm glad you liked it! :D

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #3,966 of 8,352
Congrats to all guys that won a prize. Wish I won the lottery or something that lets me throw in a FXZ100 and FXZ200 to everyone. This went pretty well. Who knows but we might have started something new here at headfi. I hope we can do more of em in the future. You guys leave all your bad days behind and look forward to a new 2013. Gotta do it. Will send out prizes soon. Still waiting for Ghost to message me.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #3,967 of 8,352
Quote:
Congrats to all guys that won a prize. Wish I won the lottery or something that lets me throw in a FXZ100 and FXZ200 to everyone. This went pretty well. Who knows but we might have started something new here at headfi. I hope we can do more of em in the future. You guys leave all your bad days behind and look forward to a new 2013. Gotta do it. Will send out prizes soon. Still waiting for Ghost to message me.

Thanks for putting it on - very cool of you. It was stressful though - I had to have a swig of my Alberta Springs rye once I was done lol!

And yes, 2013 should be good. I get to look forward to my prize, HM5 pads, ele dac and Fiio E11 coming. And I get the feeling that at some point in 2013, resistance will become futile and I will probably buckle for the fxz200's. So, that might be something to look forward to as well lol!

Anyway, thanks again. We salute you!
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3,968 of 8,352
Quote:

Thanks for putting it on - very cool of you. It was stressful though - I had to have a swig of my Alberta Springs rye once I was done lol!

And yes, 2013 should be good. I get to look forward to my prize, HM5 pads, ele dac and Fiio E11 coming. And I get the feeling that at some point in 2013, resistance will become futile and I will probably buckle for the fxz200's. So, that might be something to look forward to as well lol!

Anyway, thanks again. We salute you!
beerchug.gif

Hey WAYNE why are reading my mind again, stay out!!!
beerchug.gif

I WILL BE GETTING THOSE FXZ200.......................................................................................................in due time.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #3,970 of 8,352
It doesn't? It works, and has always worked, for me... What does it land up doing for you?

It's working from my phone now, but I think it was saying bad link or something from my laptop.
Anyway, lets assume it's working. I'm off now to give it a listen! Thanks

Edit... listened... awesome :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #3,971 of 8,352
Okay, I did the pads change and tape the ports. I picked AKG pads. Mids and treble became more prominent but bass was missing even taped. Went back to stock pad and bass is back and overall sounded warmer than AKG pads. I like it though. This phone still impress me now and then. AKG pads did not 'lock' like the stock pads. Does ATH pads lock better?

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #3,972 of 8,352
ath pads fit/lock perfectly.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #3,975 of 8,352
Hey, I just made an account because I'm thinking about buying these headphones as opposed to the MDR V6's, and I have two questions.
1. Are these the kinds of headphones that need an amp to sound good? I'll be playing them either through my computer (which most likely doesn't have the best sound card, being built into the motherboard) or through my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.
2. How difficult is it going to be to return these, if I have to, should I buy them from Amazon.

I know you've probably gone over this at some point in the thread, but seeing as how there are 266 pages in it now, I'd rather not read through this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back