The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #1,186 of 8,352
Quote:

Couldn't find these pads....please inform!

For those interested.......http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251141456324&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I went to these after about 400hrs on the S500....I was using the ATH velours, and realized with more time on them I had to EQ the bass up 4db.....with these leather pads I realized the S500's sound the best for me (no EQ) excellent bass, overall balanced sound, and they are very comfortable!

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #1,187 of 8,352
Quote:

For those interested.......http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251141456324&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I went to these after about 400hrs on the S500....I was using the ATH velours, and realized with more time on them I had to EQ the bass up 4db.....with these leather pads I realized the S500's sound the best for me (no EQ) excellent bass, overall balanced sound, and they are very comfortable!

The picture looks a lot like the original pads. Is the padding thicker, or you just find the leather nicer?

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #1,188 of 8,352
Quote:

The picture looks a lot like the original pads. Is the padding thicker, or you just find the leather nicer?

Original pads still need to be EQ'd down 4db on the low end, these do not.  The original pads or more rounded, these are flatter foam....this puts the drivers a little closer to your ear.  I am hearing a more balanced sound throughout instead of bass heavy with the original pads, and bass light with the velours.  My impressions of these pads changed, my current go to pads, after extensive burn in and listening, over 400hrs combined!

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,189 of 8,352
I'm not EQ-ing mine at all with the original pads. To my ears, they're a nice balance of highs, mids, and lows....using them right now with Classic 7G--LOD--E11, low gain, no bass boost, iPod's EQ is off, and it's just right! 

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #1,190 of 8,352
For those of you that have Panasonics HTF600 , the diference are:

S500.
The bass is better, more subbass and more controled and refined.
Mids. More clear , more in front, the HTF600 sounds "boxy" compared to the s500.
Highs. Much better in the S500.

More details and clarity on the S500, much more refined sound.

It only losses, IMHO, in comfort.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,191 of 8,352
Quote:
For those of you that have Panasonics HTF600 , the diference are:
S500.
The bass is better, more subbass and more controled and refined.
Mids. More clear , more in front, the HTF600 sounds "boxy" compared to the s500.
Highs. Much better in the S500.
More details and clarity on the S500, much more refined sound.
It only losses, IMHO, in comfort.

Thank for this information.

How is the sound stage of the S500 compared to HFT600?
I think the S500 may be my next purchase. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,192 of 8,352
Sorry no Senn HD25. But I do use the velours from them on the HA-S500..Which gives off some of their sound characteristics. Bigger bass, more forward mids. Relaxed sparkle..I don't know if you read earlier but....

Thanks dsnuts and yes i did read earlier on that. Was looking for a direct sound comparrison cuz the hd25 was the on-ear i was looking at earlier but thanx to this thread it changed to the s500. Everything i have is either over ear or iem and hope i made a good choice for my only on-ear set.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #1,193 of 8,352
Quote:
Thanks dsnuts and yes i did read earlier on that. Was looking for a direct sound comparrison cuz the hd25 was the on-ear i was looking at earlier but thanx to this thread it changed to the s500. Everything i have is either over ear or iem and hope i made a good choice for my only on-ear set.

Personally, I think they are a great pair of headphones. I've never been a fan of on-ear headphones and I've heard some decently pricey ones. I gotta say, these are my personal favorite of the ones I've heard. And the fact that they are $60 will blow your mind when you hear them.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #1,195 of 8,352
Quote:
I'm not EQ-ing mine at all with the original pads. To my ears, they're a nice balance of highs, mids, and lows....using them right now with Classic 7G--LOD--E11, low gain, no bass boost, iPod's EQ is off, and it's just right! 

I'm actually settled on this combo being my "desktop rig". I wouldn't mind at some point in the future getting a quality set of open 'phones to have as an alternative to the S500's for when the mood strikes, but I'm totally happy with this sound as is.  My other headphones, I'll use with some of my other devices, on the go or wandering around the house.......but for just listening to music, chilling out in the bedroom at the computer,  this will be the rig for me.
L3000.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #1,196 of 8,352
Quote:
I'm actually settled on this combo being my "desktop rig". I wouldn't mind at some point in the future getting a quality set of open 'phones to have as an alternative to the S500's for when the mood strikes, but I'm totally happy with this sound as is.  My other headphones, I'll use with some of my other devices, on the go or wandering around the house.......but for just listening to music, chilling out in the bedroom at the computer,  this will be the rig for me.
L3000.gif

Almost my same setup, Diference is that i am using a Ipad or Iphone 4s (EQ = amplified trebles) - Lod - Fiio E11 (low gain, position 1) - S500
The bass is perfect for me, not overpowering, but still present and goes low.
Man, i am rocking this things
L3000.gif
     i got more excuses and reasons to workout
beyersmile.png

AUDIO NIRVANA    =       "Having My Baby".. sweeeet lord jesus, mary and joseph............... guitars are awesome! man!  good lord have mercy!!!   just had a flashback to when i was a little kid
blink.gif

"I dont need a DAC"
"I dont need a DAC"
"I dont need a DAC"
"I dont need a DAC"..........................

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,197 of 8,352
Quote:
Thank for this information.

How is the sound stage of the S500 compared to HFT600?
I think the S500 may be my next purchase. 
bigsmile_face.gif

The HTF600 its a little bit more "airy".. maybe because its semi open back,  but overall its a no contest, these beats the HTF600, no mercy with them.
Easly, 1 point or 2 points better, IMHO, than the HTF600,  once you have these on you ears you are not going back to those HTF600, no way, its a huge upgrade over the HTF600.

i can agree with DS that these have the bass if you want big bass, if not you can use whatever EQ setting you want and they dont loose composture at all, they sound good without EQ.
Lets say they are very "tunable"
wink_face.gif

The HTF600 is a very good HP for the price and all, but you will not find a comment of me on the HTF600 thread,  these? are WAY BETTER.
Downside = I could use them all day long, but stocks pads are killing me, i need my replacements FAST!

Pd: where is my FX40??  cant find them!!  doesnt matter..................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back