The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Feb 25, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #8,207 of 8,352
Emkay...
Pair of WS55 pads at my local AD re-seller costs 12.50Eur. A bit too expensive don't you think?

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #8,208 of 8,352
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
My right earcup broke off at the hinge...
frown.gif

I'm gonna say what I'll almost always say.
Even for these cans, the headphone won't just break from normal usage. In some way you were being careless, or insensible when handling these.
Their use should be for On-The-Go use, and home usage, if you even wanna use them at home. 

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #8,209 of 8,352
Well...more like it is an old thing, 2 years now? And this hobby, you know? Newer is better, you would think, you would buy, try, and sometime pick up your older pair like S500.... And it still blows your mind, but why keep writing about it? That doesn't mean it is bad. Just people already talked enough, raved enough about it.

False.
And this is why we discuss modding them more.

Not only that, have we had any good cans come out this year? 2015 List hasn't been filled yet.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #8,211 of 8,352
I've had these guys for almost 2 years I think... they are still awesome but I was thinking about getting a new pair of headphones. Want to stay at around 100 or under. I don't know any technical terms or anything so let's see if I can explain what I want... these sound very clear to me (these are the most expensive headphones I've had other than some beats in ears that I had for a bit and hated) and if 55 dollar headphones sound this good I would imagine investing a bit more could potentially get me better earphones. I want more deep bass and punchier more pronounced bass. I was always a bass head growing up and I love using headphones to watch action movies and sometimes ill listen to genres of music I don't listen to ,like subsets,just to hear some deep deep bass. I don't need or want audiophile headphones. I don't mind exaggerated bass. Please recommend something for me. Or maybe I can save myself some cash and get a budget amp like the e6? I don't really want to carry an amp but if it'll get me the sound I want I am willing to spend 30 bucks on an amp. Thanks guys

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #8,213 of 8,352
  I have a theory why they are releasing those. Those look like reshells of a not so purchased riptide headphones which went virtually unnoticed..

These use the same drivers as those Sr-500 probably. 30mm nyod drivers.. When something doesn't sell you gotta rename it and sell it as a new product to get rid of it. Why not sell it to the western world where they have no idea about carbon nanotubes.

Sorry to quote an almost three years old post, although I need to ask, since they're the only one that I can buy on my country.
Considering what you said, they're bad sounding headphones, right?

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #8,214 of 8,352
Sorry to quote an almost three years old post, although I need to ask, since they're the only one that I can buy on my country.
Considering what you said, they're bad sounding headphones, right?
Yes.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #8,215 of 8,352

Just got these today. Pulled them out of the box and color me impressed. The bass is spot on. Sounds amazing for $35. Sounds more clear than my closed 8323s and has some pretty good isolation for on-ears. Very impressed. The way it folds up is pretty nice.

My gripes: 
Fingerprint magnet(not really an issue if I chose black but I chose gunmetal so I must deal with this)
Cord is annoying

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #8,216 of 8,352

Just got these today. Pulled them out of the box and color me impressed. The bass is spot on. Sounds amazing for $35. Sounds more clear than my closed 8323s and has some pretty good isolation for on-ears. Very impressed. The way it folds up is pretty nice.

My gripes: 
Fingerprint magnet(not really an issue if I chose black but I chose gunmetal so I must deal with this)
Cord is annoying

Welcome to the club mate! I hope you enjoy this headphone. Do give it some burn in time on these. They perform much better in bass response. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #8,217 of 8,352
  Welcome to the club mate! I hope you enjoy this headphone. Do give it some burn in time on these. They perform much better in bass response. 
biggrin.gif

I agree. Giving them some burn-in will result in better, more controlled bass. I had these cans for a while and I went through the burn-in process myself using some trance and hard rock music. Even if in general I don't believe in its utility, this time I had to think again because burn-in positive effect was pretty evident
smile.gif

May 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #8,218 of 8,352
  I agree. Giving them some burn-in will result in better, more controlled bass. I had these cans for a while and I went through the burn-in process myself using some trance and hard rock music. Even if in general I don't believe in its utility, this time I had to think again because burn-in positive effect was pretty evident
smile.gif

Best music for burn-in! xD

May 1, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #8,219 of 8,352
Emkay...
Pair of WS55 pads at my local AD re-seller costs 12.50Eur. A bit too expensive don't you think?

Yep!

Get them from Audio Technica service center.

May 1, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #8,220 of 8,352
Yep!

Get them from Audio Technica service center.

I did that initially. I contacted them and they forwarded my message to my local reseller lol.

on topic:

After a week or more of not listening to these headphones, I plugged them in to MBA and they once again blew my mind! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ffx6w01bg
MBA's DAC certainly does like them and vice versa. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back