The JVC HA-S500 thread.
May 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #8,221 of 8,352

I agree. Giving them some burn-in will result in better, more controlled bass. I had these cans for a while and I went through the burn-in process myself using some trance and hard rock music. Even if in general I don't believe in its utility, this time I had to think again because burn-in positive effect was pretty evident
smile.gif

these drivers are made of carbon nanotubes, they're harder than diamonds so I don't think sound vibrations will have any effect on the material here

it's mostly a psychological effect

May 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #8,222 of 8,352
these drivers are made of carbon nanotubes, they're harder than diamonds so I don't think sound vibrations will have any effect on the material here

it's mostly a psychological effect

Yes, that can be true. Let's say then it appeared to me that their sound drastically changed with some use, in a way I didn't experienced with other cans I owned that underwent the same treatment. Whatever the reason may be! (psycological or actual, physical adjustment)

May 6, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #8,224 of 8,352
May 16, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #8,231 of 8,352
Gunmetal. Do you got these? How's the SQ specially bass?

It gets mixed results, my friends said it is muddy but I think they are fine. A bit boomy but that's what they were aimed for, I believe. They sound great though and isolation is better than I expected

Only thing that might be an issue is that they become uncomfortable after a while but it's common with on ears.

Hard to not like these.

May 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #8,232 of 8,352
How BASS on S500s compare to crossfade LPS, ath WS77 and sony XB SERIES?

They have noticeably less bass than XB500, but SQ is better.

I tend to EQ down the bass (the upper midbass mainly while boosting the certain mid and high frequencies) on XB500 and boost the bass (accomponied by 2k boost) on S500s.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #8,235 of 8,352
So, today I revisited my HA-S500. It had been what ? Like 2 years ? Or more ?

I pair it with Sony NW-ZX2 and while I had been spending time with my IM-04 and fx750 for a while there, I came back to S500 and I still have this satisfaction in

- soundstage, articulated bass, and analytical highs. A little bit of sparkling peak at some higher range which kinda of bring the higher note of any string instruments to be a little bit more artificial, but that is just fine. Because otherwise this will cost lol....300-450$.

But nothing excel at everything, this pair excel at electric , dance, some pop and modern stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back