The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Apr 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #5,866 of 8,352
so i heard some of u guys wanna upgrade from S500. i got a perfect option for u guys.
YAMAHA PRO 500!!!
i just got it. it's an upgrade. true definition of upgrade.
but not for the value.
I've been wanting that and the Signature DJ for upgrades for portable... The S500 really is one of the best portables IMHO for under $400...

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #5,867 of 8,352
so i heard some of u guys wanna upgrade from S500. i got a perfect option for u guys.
YAMAHA PRO 500!!!
i just got it. it's an upgrade. true definition of upgrade.
but not for the value.
I've been wanting that and the Signature DJ for upgrades for portable... The S500 really is one of the best portables IMHO for under $400...

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #5,870 of 8,352
Quote:
Unless you've tried every phone under $200, or at least the popular one, I wouldn't blow it out of proportion like that. 

But eh, do continue the party guys.

Welp tbh they can sure hang with most $200 and under portables such as the m80/ es7/ senni HD 25s, etc but it doesn't best them that's for sure. But with modding they do sound better than some of those that i have mentioned. It is all personal preference thought so...........................

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #5,871 of 8,352
Are you saying that M80 and ES7 (which sounds like fart cannon to me) are among the best of $200 portable? :p

But, I guess S500 IS one of the best portable under $200 for basshead and V shaped-signature crowd. :)

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #5,872 of 8,352
Quote:
Are you saying that M80 and ES7 (which sounds like fart cannon to me) are among the best of $200 portable? :p

But, I guess S500 IS one of the best portable under $200 for basshead and V shaped-signature crowd. :)

^
eek.gif
Fart Cannons LMAO

You Sir sure have a very uppity taste in your sound gear, leave us lowly peasants with our beloved S500s in peace.
tongue.gif

Maybe they're just not the forte of those that like sissy type of bass.
wink_face.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #5,873 of 8,352
I guess you think that 009 is cans for sissies too? :wink:

Not gonna argue over this so I guess let's just agree to disagree. It's usual to see post like those in this kind of thread (not saying that it's bad), just remember that there are a lot of other phones out there. :wink:

By the way, I may be not a basshead but I LOVE the bass on DT990/250, now that's what I call quality bass.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #5,874 of 8,352
Quote:

Not gonna argue over this so I guess let's just agree to disagree. It's usual to see post like those in this kind of thread (not saying that it's bad), just remember that there are a lot of other phones out there. :wink:

By the way, I may be not a basshead but I LOVE the bass on DT990/250, now that's what I call quality bass.

LoL you mean the Stax 009s???  TroLoLoLoLoLO Not sure if serious or just trollin' tbh.

Of course there are a lot of other great bass cans but i dare you to wear one of those that you have named on the go.  They aren't portable AT ALL and looks stupid as hell if you where it outside. haha

But yeah i completely understand your point, but for the price you pay for these S500s you can't really find any fault in them. It is what it is meng.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #5,875 of 8,352
Quote:

Well no crap, they cost $300.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #5,876 of 8,352
Quote:
LoL you mean the Stax 009s???  TroLoLoLoLoLO Not sure if serious or just trollin' tbh.

Of course there are a lot of other great bass cans but i dare you to wear one of those that you have named on the go.  They aren't portable AT ALL and looks stupid as hell if you where it outside. haha

But yeah i completely understand your point, but for the price you pay for these S500s you can't really find any fault in them. It is what it is meng.

I'm just repeating what you're saying. :)

I didn't say anything about portable, price or anything other than the quality of the bass. I'm saying that's the kind of bass I like, not the kind of fart ES7 has.

@penmarker
See above. And you can actually get them for less than $200 on most of the world.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #5,877 of 8,352
Quote:

I didn't say anything about portable, price or anything other than the quality of the bass. I'm saying that's the kind of bass I like, not the kind of fart ES7 has.

@penmarker
See above. And you can actually get them for less than $200 on most of the world.

^ LoL this guy, more trollish then me. LMAO I likey those devious smiley faces, nice touch.
biggrin.gif

For such trollish guy like your uppity self you need mo' post counts, or else you don't seem legit enough, cuz how you gonna troll without posting???
bigsmile_face.gif

I am just shooting your rebuttals down...............
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #5,878 of 8,352
Quote:

Do they have a V-shaped signature? How do they make the vocals sound so throaty, full, and intimate? I thought that was the mids.

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #5,879 of 8,352
Quote:

@penmarker

Quality of bass? A lot of people swear on their lives with proper amplification LCD 2 has the best bass texture. Why stop at DT990/250?

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #5,880 of 8,352
Quote:
^ LoL this guy, more trollish then me. LMAO I likey those devious smiley faces, nice touch.
biggrin.gif

For such trollish guy like your uppity self you need mo' post counts, or else you don't seem legit enough, cuz how you gonna troll without posting???
bigsmile_face.gif

I am just shooting your rebuttals down...............
tongue.gif

If only the cans could get better with post counts then I would. :)

@7s
What are they? If you mean S500, then I'm just gonna say that people hear and perceive things differently. For instance, I know lots of people swear that HE-400 doesn't have recessed mid, but to my ears, they do, uncomfortably so.

@penmaker
Because I haven't heard LCD2 with my setup and song I'm familiar with, yet. And DT990 is more reasonably priced.

Anyway, it is not my intent to cause such a ruckus here (though it was inevitable I guess, you just can't possibly have any negative posts on an appreciation thread no?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back