The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Aug 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #406 of 8,352
Quote:
My ebay order got to LA yesterday, so I expect mine in the next day or two. My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet. And no, I have no good reason for ordering a second pair when I haven't heard the first yet! :)

Same here, it should come in a day or two. I have a feeling it's coming in a day! :D we can do our impressions very soon!

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #407 of 8,352
Aug 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #408 of 8,352
mine just cleared the Canada customs.. should arrive in few days.
I am hoping to write an honest and objective impression soon. 

I live in camada too and I'm interested in these phones,where did you buy yours and did you have to pay extra on top of the price and shipping? Ie customs fee and what not.

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #412 of 8,352
Quote:
I live in camada too and I'm interested in these phones,where did you buy yours and did you have to pay extra on top of the price and shipping? Ie customs fee and what not.
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Ebay.
The item itself (i.e. excluding shipping) is not over 100$ so there should be no custom fees. Or at least I never had to pay extra duties when shipments are done with EMS. I'm sure Google will tell you about UPS and the likes though.

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #413 of 8,352
Aug 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #415 of 8,352
Quote:
Anyone here thinking of doing a transplant of these drivers into a different headphone?

Yes. Please see my posts for detail. According to pictures and descriptions of cyloh it should not be a piece of cake - the driver is glued to the mounting plate. The safest way to do it would be to saw off the most of the circumference (plate) around the driver and then glue it to the similarly prepared plate from the intended transplant headphone cup. Precision modelling skills required, not something average head-fier is supposed to posess. This is not a beginner's project.

One could certainly try to use a sharp thin knife ( preferably exacto blade # 11 ) and steady firm hands to separate the driver from the plate. Since this is something definitely supposed not to be done by the end user, it could or not be actually possible. If there is any leak/spillover of the glue around the edge beetween the driver and the plate bridging to the diaphragm material itself, there is a fair chance of destroying the diaphragm. Use common sense.

Needles to say, any of the above voids the warranty.

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #416 of 8,352
Quote:
Yes. Please see my posts for detail. According to pictures and descriptions of cyloh it should not be a piece of cake - the driver is glued to the mounting plate. The safest way to do it would be to saw off the most of the circumference (plate) around the driver and then glue it to the similarly prepared plate from the intended transplant headphone cup. Precision modelling skills required, not something average head-fier is supposed to posess. This is not a beginner's project.

One could certainly try to use a sharp thin knife ( preferably exacto blade # 11 ) and steady firm hands to separate the driver from the plate. Since this is something definitely supposed not to be done by the end user, it could or not be actually possible. If there is any leak/spillover of the glue around the edge beetween the driver and the plate bridging to the diaphragm material itself, there is a fair chance of destroying the diaphragm. Use common sense.

Needles to say, any of the above voids the warranty.

I have transferred the S500 driver into the Creative Aurvana Live! headphone body.

It was a crude job, taking the foster drivers out of the CAL! was very easy. The S500 was horrible though. They really glued it down tight.

2 hours later with blood shed, success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back