1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The JVC HA-S500 thread.

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. vlenbo
    Quote:
    Same here, it should come in a day or two. I have a feeling it's coming in a day! :D we can do our impressions very soon!

2. Achmedisdead
    Quote:

Same here.

3. Nyanman

I live in camada too and I'm interested in these phones,where did you buy yours and did you have to pay extra on top of the price and shipping? Ie customs fee and what not.

4. bobeau
    Quote:

x 3... as I'm only in San Diego it should be the next day customs releases it, would be cool if that ended up being tomorrow.  

5. cute
    Anyone here thinking of doing a transplant of these drivers into a different headphone?

6. Gee Simpson
    Quote:
    Same. It currently says they are preparing my order for shipment.

7. kalbee
    Quote:

Ebay.
    The item itself (i.e. excluding shipping) is not over 100$ so there should be no custom fees. Or at least I never had to pay extra duties when shipments are done with EMS. I'm sure Google will tell you about UPS and the likes though.

8. Achmedisdead
    Quote:
    All I see on my Amazon page is "Shipping Soon".....lol

9. swaffleman
    Are these really that good? How would they compare to the PX 200 II or Porta pros?

10. analogsurviver
    Quote:
    Yes. Please see my posts for detail. According to pictures and descriptions of cyloh it should not be a piece of cake - the driver is glued to the mounting plate. The safest way to do it would be to saw off the most of the circumference (plate) around the driver and then glue it to the similarly prepared plate from the intended transplant headphone cup. Precision modelling skills required, not something average head-fier is supposed to posess. This is not a beginner's project.

One could certainly try to use a sharp thin knife ( preferably exacto blade # 11 ) and steady firm hands to separate the driver from the plate. Since this is something definitely supposed not to be done by the end user, it could or not be actually possible. If there is any leak/spillover of the glue around the edge beetween the driver and the plate bridging to the diaphragm material itself, there is a fair chance of destroying the diaphragm. Use common sense.

Needles to say, any of the above voids the warranty.

11. cyloh
    Quote:

I have transferred the S500 driver into the Creative Aurvana Live! headphone body.

It was a crude job, taking the foster drivers out of the CAL! was very easy. The S500 was horrible though. They really glued it down tight.

2 hours later with blood shed, success.

12. marlonmarabe
    Just got them. Very good sound out of the box. Must be the carbon nanotubes. Will do some more listening and compare to my other headphones

13. nipit
    marlon what earphones & headphones do you own?

14. marlonmarabe
    ckm500, xb90ex, fa sb, mx980, L1, 33 1/3 rpm oldskool, es88, k540, re262, and some low tiers.

15. marlonmarabe
    I will be listening on my laptop via jdslabs c421 and standalone odac paired. Oh yeahhhhh

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last