The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #5,102 of 22,434
Dec 24, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #5,105 of 22,434
  The new portable sitting on top of the desktop rig.  Who says you need 2 pairs of headphones :p

Looks great! You must have a small head though...or something. Thats a pretty big bend inwards. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #5,109 of 22,434
  Looks great! You must have a small head though...or something. Thats a pretty big bend inwards. 

Actually, I have a big melon head.  The headband is fully extended out in the middle, but if you just get the arms of the frame and bend them out to make them wider, the pad touches my head at the top, but there is a massive gap at the bottom because I need more of a V shape than a.... umm upside down V... so I've rolled out the top part of the curve in the headband to make it wider, and then made a sharper bend at the end of the curve to angle it back inwards... if that makes any sense.  I posted this picture ages ago of what I did:  (Drew circles on it so you can see the diameter of the bend of the first part of the curve against the second part)...

I've got a few people to try it (with smaller heads) and they've liked the shape of it (with the headband collapsed a bit more and velcro done up a bit tighter).  

How does it sound, do the dedicated Abyss DAP got the power to make the Abyss to fully bloom ?

I small review would be nice:wink:

Merry Christmas! :evergreen_tree:✨:santa_tone2:

/ Fredrik

It is a bit light-on in power compared with the amp underneath it (as you could imagine it is about 20x it's size).  But nice sounding and easily configurable to any sound signature you like.  Will do a bit of a better write up when I have spent some more time with it (and it's not Christmas day :p)  My 3.5mm Abyss cable only just arrived on Friday as well.  Merry Christmas to you too!

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #5,114 of 22,434
  Which is warmer, Utopia or Abyss? 
Thanks

I would be quite surprised if someone said the Utopia is warmer sounding than the Abyss 
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #5,115 of 22,434
I so need to try the Utopia, people say it was designed like speakers.
I have heard the Abyss which is phenomenal, I can only think what the Utopia's would be.

they sounded more like exceptional headphones to me than loudpeakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back