The Audio Lounge
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #14,311 of 36,015
I use my unopened Icarus IIIs as a door stop, works a treat in the summer when there’s a breeze, I guess I could sell them but then I have to find another good doorstop and they are hard to find

I'll buy your doorstop :ksc75smile:

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #14,314 of 36,015
You stole yours, lol. You got them locally right? I thought I did good when I got mine for $150 when everyone was paying $199.

Yeah, got them locally. Thank God. What saved me is the shipping and conversion.

Just got my nicehck 16 core cable... Smoooooooth cable. Will give it a compare to the crappy, stiff stock cable shortly.

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #14,315 of 36,015
And that video has been making me want to learn to play the song.
I have an electric guitar, but have lost the power cable lol.

Just wondering, but does anyone here have experience of making music at home?
I have a feeling I remember @KEV G saying he had a homemade studio or something, but not sure.

I have a fairly decent digital piano that I am about to start learning to play.
I also have an electric guitar and an electro-acoustic guitar, both of which I can play at a basic to lower-intermediate level.

Usually, I just play the acoustic unplugged (so to speak).
But that song (and others recently - have been going through an uptempo, uplifting happy rock phase) makes me want to dust off the electric and learn to play it properly :)

I had a multi-FX pedal, but it stopped working and got thrown away years ago.

Was looking on Amazon at various multi-FX pedals with tiny buttons, switches and circa-1980's digital displays and it got me to thinking whether there's a way to use my MacBook with my guitar instead. That led me onto finding out I'd need an audio interface device, which led me on to finding this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audient-Au...00UALWPCA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Of course, I will then need some kind of software on my MacBook to simulate different amp/pedal effects.
I found the Garageband app for Mac.
The interface and gazillion options made me break out into a cold sweat.
Then I looked up Logic Pro X and almost had a spontaneous hernia lol.

I looked on Audient Audio's website for how to set up the audio interface device (I haven't bought it yet).

This is like being a newbie audiophile all over again.. sooo many technical words, devices, connectors and whatnot..

Maybe I should just buy a power cable for my amp and a simple distortion pedal (or very basic multi-FX pedal)... :D

What do you all think? And for those that know about this kind of stuff, any recommendations or advice? :)

The Line 6 Pod: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Line-Pocket-Portable-Guitar-Effects/dp/B000RN53LQ/ Not bad to play around.
I owned the Peavey Transformer amp long time ago, nice modelling amp.

Cheers

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #14,316 of 36,015
And that video has been making me want to learn to play the song.
I have an electric guitar, but have lost the power cable lol.

Just wondering, but does anyone here have experience of making music at home?
I have a feeling I remember @KEV G saying he had a homemade studio or something, but not sure.

I have a fairly decent digital piano that I am about to start learning to play.
I also have an electric guitar and an electro-acoustic guitar, both of which I can play at a basic to lower-intermediate level.

Usually, I just play the acoustic unplugged (so to speak).
But that song (and others recently - have been going through an uptempo, uplifting happy rock phase) makes me want to dust off the electric and learn to play it properly :)

I had a multi-FX pedal, but it stopped working and got thrown away years ago.

Was looking on Amazon at various multi-FX pedals with tiny buttons, switches and circa-1980's digital displays and it got me to thinking whether there's a way to use my MacBook with my guitar instead. That led me onto finding out I'd need an audio interface device, which led me on to finding this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audient-Au...00UALWPCA/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Of course, I will then need some kind of software on my MacBook to simulate different amp/pedal effects.
I found the Garageband app for Mac.
The interface and gazillion options made me break out into a cold sweat.
Then I looked up Logic Pro X and almost had a spontaneous hernia lol.

I looked on Audient Audio's website for how to set up the audio interface device (I haven't bought it yet).

This is like being a newbie audiophile all over again.. sooo many technical words, devices, connectors and whatnot..

Maybe I should just buy a power cable for my amp and a simple distortion pedal (or very basic multi-FX pedal)... :D

What do you all think? And for those that know about this kind of stuff, any recommendations or advice? :)

I've produced music with a few of my mates over a couple of years and an easy way of doing it is getting a music interface (Scarlett is pretty good) and running it through a program like Logic (MacBook) or Ableton or Protools, whichever interface you fancy.

You can plug in either a Midi (electric keyboard), Electric Guitar, Bass, anything that has a 1/4 jack or XLR output. From there you'll use the effects given via Logic/Ableton etc, so you'll have minimum clutter and plug and play - recording.

Only thing you have to figure out is latency, if you have that issue (generally CPU bottleneck).

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #14,317 of 36,015
Now we’re in a rabbit hole of vast proportions lol
Bought one of these for my son, I just went in to buy a basic Boss loop pedal and came out with this-
The Boss RC-300 Loop station

I get on pretty well with the guys in the guitar shop and was offered a deal I just couldn’t say no to. :smile_phones:
This is an excellent piece of kit by the way.
@Layman1 pop in anytime and give it a whirl :L3000:

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #14,318 of 36,015
Yeah, got them locally. Thank God. What saved me is the shipping and conversion.

Just got my nicehck 16 core cable... Smoooooooth cable. Will give it a compare to the crappy, stiff stock cable shortly.

Hmm... What an odd feeling. The cable actually brings forth microdetails that I couldn't hear in some songs on the DM6. Problem is, it makes crappy song quality sound even crappier! OH NOOOO! :darthsmile: Nice upgrade for 20 USD.

Question for you guys: There's an auction here in Canada going on right now and they have the following gear on massive rebate:

Sennheiser HD 4.30i - 52 USD
Sennheiser HD1 IEM - 42 USD
Sennheiser Momentum - 77 USD

Any worth my time? :p Researching now... Auction ends in 10 hours.

**edit** Looks like the HD 4.30i is a pass... HD1, not sure I need another IEM, considering I have the Nicehck F3's coming in... Momentum? Sounds bass heavy, sounds like it's missing a wider soundstage... Sound leakage even though closed-back... Iphone compatible only for the mic... Hmm. Not worth my time as well?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #14,319 of 36,015
Hmm... What an odd feeling. The cable actually brings forth microdetails that I couldn't hear in some songs on the DM6. Problem is, it makes crappy song quality sound even crappier! OH NOOOO! :darthsmile: Nice upgrade for 20 USD.

The DM6 really is not a forgiving IEM, lol. I've already had to rebuy a few albums that the DM6 showed me were poorly mastered.

As for all the Senns you're looking at, I've only heard the Momentums and they were bloated and veiled to me, not something I'd use.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #14,320 of 36,015
WOW: Life

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #14,321 of 36,015
I'm on way to Cape Cod to spend a great long weekend. Just got off work and getting my first real time with the Kanas Pro. So far, I am liking what I hear. Already let then 'burn-in' for about 50 hours. I'll post some impressions a little later as we're heading out soon...damn, I need this little break.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #14,322 of 36,015
I'm on way to Cape Cod to spend a great long weekend. Just got off work and getting my first real time with the Kanas Pro. So far, I am liking what I hear. Already let then 'burn-in' for about 50 hours. I'll post some impressions a little later as we're heading out soon...damn, I need this little break.
Damn I know exactly how you feel, I’ve only just finished a job up in Scotland for my sister and it’s been a nightmare to be honest. Crap labour, crap materials and feel I’ll never return!!! I guess that’s what happens working for family or friends lol.
Stopped off in Suffolk for a few days convalescence and home tomorrow.
Just in time to get packed and do it again in Gibraltar, but only for a week this time and working with a guy I know and get on with very well. This feels more like a holiday than work and a welcome break from the work I’ve just completed.
Suppose it’s good to have a rough time now and again to help appreciate the good times.
Gibraltar is tax free so I’ve been told, so thought I’d find out if there were any good audio shops around, no such luck lol.
Hope you enjoy the Kanas on your break, I was thinking of giving the DM6 a try as apparently they have Andromeda like sound, but couldn’t get them in time for me to take to Gibraltar. May still get them as having something like the Andro’s for work would be awesome as there’s no way I’m using my Andro’s at work as they’d get wrecked lol
Hopefully your Kanas burn in to something special as they have used some interesting materials to produce this iem.
I’ve read comparisons of the Kanas with the Vega so hopefully your in for a fun time with them on your break.
Enjoy :smile_phones:

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #14,323 of 36,015
WOW: Life

You knew I would do this one.... Leonard ... the best...

...and, now to wake you up..one of my favorite female singers... Katie Herzig

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #14,324 of 36,015
You knew I would do this one.... Leonard ... the best...

...and, now to wake you up..one of my favorite female singers... Katie Herzig

I made sure to leave it for you. You enjoy him as much as I do.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #14,325 of 36,015
I made sure to leave it for you. You enjoy him as much as I do.

Last night I listened to three and a half of his albums in a row. Finally had to force myself halfway through the fourth one to stop so I could sleep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back