The Audio Lounge
Apr 16, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #14,296 of 36,081
My point was that I would never have ordered anything from him but...some people are more addicted than others... either that or he is the ultimate con man.

I feel a little guilty for thinking the Zenith actually sounds great

Don't feel guilty you possibly got a great set of iems... . for us crucifiiers it's not about the imrr1 and I'm honestly glad you and all who have purchased are happy and got a good product because I would hate to see any of you go through the trinity crap again

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #14,297 of 36,081
Don't feel guilty you possibly got a great set of iems... . for us crucifiiers it's not about the imrr1 and I'm honestly glad you and all who have purchased are happy and got a good product because I would hate to see any of you go through the trinity crap again

The crap part was paying for products that never arrived... delay after delay and assurances that they were still going to be sent.... until suddenly everyone disappeared. The products that did arrive were good... at least I think my Master sounds good.

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #14,298 of 36,081
Now that I understand the mine field I’ve wandered into I will tread very, very carefully, which for me means more lurking and less posting... :)

I should add as a contribution that for me, out of all the IEMs that I have (the ones I have purchased this year listed earlier plus previous ones - SE846, W50, W30, SE215, Echobox Nomad, Starbrick Beryllium, Massdrop Plus, and others I am probably forgetting - the SF8 are my favorites. For me - good detail without being too bright or sibilant, punchy bass without bleeding into the mids, mids that are forward enough (though I do think they are a little back). Build quality is great, fit is great, seal even with the included tips is great (which for me is a near miracle). My next favorite would be the DM6. Its biggest fault is tuning at the frequency high end which makes it very sensitive to tips, tip insertion, seal, sources, and can be sensitive to some people who are more treble sensitive. It isn’t a forgiving set in the least - which then because there are such disparate experiences with it gives the impression of QC issues, etc, when I think that a simpler explanation is that it is simply tuned too close to the edge... but I like ‘em...!

DM6 is a lounge favorite. I just got mine not long ago. They are a little difficult on my tinnitus, that's for sure... Surprisingly, the R1's were my go to for a while due to not triggering me as much as other IEM's. But the DM6's fit and sound just feels right... Except for the 7k spike. But I EQ'ed that out. :wink:

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #14,299 of 36,081
The crap part was paying for products that never arrived... delay after delay and assurances that they were still going to be sent.... until suddenly everyone disappeared. The products that did arrive were good... at least I think my Master sounds good.

My luckiest bet was getting the PM6 and selling them off to some guy off here. Especially after the whole PM2 controversy.

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #14,300 of 36,081
yep . . where I come from that looks just like the long con, preorders to good to be true but cheap enough to be worth a gamble, all the while sending a few products out to keep it going .. Until the fish ain't biting then disappear .... It is an old strategy and how it looks to me but as I said you have to make your own minds up because honestly I only have hearsay research of others and gut instinct to go by ... But I stick to my feeling.

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #14,301 of 36,081
DM6 is a lounge favorite. I just got mine not long ago. They are a little difficult on my tinnitus, that's for sure... Surprisingly, the R1's were my go to for a while due to not triggering me as much as other IEM's. But the DM6's fit and sound just feels right... Except for the 7k spike. But I EQ'ed that out. :wink:

Definitely my favorite IEM right now. I use the DM6 for at least a couple hours every day. They are super comfortable and are just the right sound signature for me.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #14,302 of 36,081
I am with the most of you. As I have said many times I got lucky only out $100 USD because I got a non-functioning set of AIRS and no $10 DAP. I found the excuses/explanations for who was who and who did it almost absurd once the facts broke. It was all Jake's fault ,who turned out to be rumored as his son who was sick, and then Marie whom turned out to be rumored as his wife.Either way the truth would have went a long way to resolution. I find @majo123 explanation of the long con to be somewhat factual and eerily accurate. For that reasons alone I'll never own any IMR products, too much other stuff same price point and value, available. Anyone want to buy my Masters, DVII, Vyrus I and Hyperion's as I never use any of them.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14,303 of 36,081
Now that I understand the mine field I’ve wandered into I will tread very, very carefully, which for me means more lurking and less posting... :)

I should add as a contribution that for me, out of all the IEMs that I have (the ones I have purchased this year listed earlier plus previous ones - SE846, W50, W30, SE215, Echobox Nomad, Starbrick Beryllium, Massdrop Plus, and others I am probably forgetting - the SF8 are my favorites. For me - good detail without being too bright or sibilant, punchy bass without bleeding into the mids, mids that are forward enough (though I do think they are a little back). Build quality is great, fit is great, seal even with the included tips is great (which for me is a near miracle). My next favorite would be the DM6. Its biggest fault is tuning at the frequency high end which makes it very sensitive to tips, tip insertion, seal, sources, and can be sensitive to some people who are more treble sensitive. It isn’t a forgiving set in the least - which then because there are such disparate experiences with it gives the impression of QC issues, etc, when I think that a simpler explanation is that it is simply tuned too close to the edge... but I like ‘em...!
More posting! Join in all the discussion! The TAE stuff is really just a blip in this thread anyway, no reason not to keep it that way.

Anyone listened to GRiZ's new album yet? Haven't gotten around to it, but Find My Own Way is fantastic on it, haven't listened to most of the rest of the album yet.

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #14,304 of 36,081
I am with the most of you. As I have said many times I got lucky only out $100 USD because I got a non-functioning set of AIRS and no $10 DAP. I found the excuses/explanations for who was who and who did it almost absurd once the facts broke. It was all Jake's fault ,who turned out to be rumored as his son who was sick, and then Marie whom turned out to be rumored as his wife.Either way the truth would have went a long way to resolution. I find @majo123 explanation of the long con to be somewhat factual and eerily accurate. For that reasons alone I'll never own any IMR products, too much other stuff same price point and value, available. Anyone want to buy my Masters, DVII, Vyrus I and Hyperion's as I never use any of them.
I use my unopened Icarus IIIs as a door stop, works a treat in the summer when there’s a breeze, I guess I could sell them but then I have to find another good doorstop and they are hard to find :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #14,305 of 36,081
How about an earbud this time around? Linsoul BLD sounds so awesome for 40 USD, you want to check it out if you like earbuds and warm, musical signatures that are easy to listen to :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/04/pocket-stage-linsoul-bld-earbuds.html

Linsoul-BLD-Earbuds-Balanced-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back