The Audio Lounge
Apr 13, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #14,178 of 36,128
I got a pair of NuForce HEM4's so cheap I coudn't pass them up, they'll be in next week. Anyone ever heard the HEM4?
So the HEM4s get good reviews from some on Amazon. Never listened to these but the positive reviews are a good sign in my opinion.

You have to read the review from K.hang from the link below. Third review down from the top..... I laughed. I wonder which "audiophile" headphones he's been listening to? Most of my headphones aren't like he describes??????

https://www.amazon.com/NuForce-Reference-Headphones-Balanced-Armature/dp/B01C741J6U#customerReviews

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #14,179 of 36,128
So the HEM4s get good reviews from some on Amazon. Never listened to these but the positive reviews are a good sign in my opinion.

You have to read the review from K.hang from the link below. Third review down from the top..... I laughed. I wonder which "audiophile" headphones he's been listening to? Most of my headphones aren't like he describes??????

https://www.amazon.com/NuForce-Reference-Headphones-Balanced-Armature/dp/B01C741J6U#customerReviews

I laughed at that same review yesterday after I snagged a set of them. I got the set with all original accessories for $50 shipped so I figured what the hell? If I don't like them, I'll pass them on to the wife or one of the kids.

Also, when you said you'd spent $2500+ on one amp, I started thinking about my claim of $2500. Unfortunately, I came to the conclusion I was a good bit off... I spent more than that just in buying 2 pair of Audeze, some Aeon Flows, Verum 1, a couple of HiFiMan, and some M1060C while chasing the planar dragon, lol. I blame you for making me think, haha.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #14,180 of 36,128
I laughed at that same review yesterday after I snagged a set of them. I got the set with all original accessories for $50 shipped so I figured what the hell? If I don't like them, I'll pass them on to the wife or one of the kids.

Also, when you said you'd spent $2500+ on one amp, I started thinking about my claim of $2500. Unfortunately, I came to the conclusion I was a good bit off... I spent more than that just in buying 2 pair of Audeze, some Aeon Flows, Verum 1, a couple of HiFiMan, and some M1060C while chasing the planar dragon, lol. I blame you for making me think, haha.
I hope the HEMs are good. $50 is a great price!

LOL!!! Sorry to bring back repressed memories. :ksc75smile: Freud has an interesting take on this..... Just the Audeze headphones alone will put you over the $2500 if you bought new depending on which pairs you purchased.

The Verum 1 looks COOL!!!! How did you like them?

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #14,181 of 36,128
I hope the HEMs are good. $50 is a great price!

LOL!!! Sorry to bring back repressed memories. :ksc75smile: Freud has an interesting take on this..... Just the Audeze headphones alone will put you over the $2500 if you bought new depending on which pairs you purchased.

The Verum 1 looks COOL!!!! How did you like them?

I actually really liked the sound of the Verums. They had a neutral to slight V sound, with the bottomless bass that some planars achieve. The issue I had with them is with comfort, the place in the center of the top of the headband where the knob is pressed down into the center of my noggin. Made them unusable for me after maybe an hour of head time. I hated letting them go, I loved the retro look. Here are mine before I sent them packing:

2019-04-13.jpg

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #14,182 of 36,128
I actually really liked the sound of the Verums. They had a neutral to slight V sound, with the bottomless bass that some planars achieve. The issue I had with them is with comfort, the place in the center of the top of the headband where the knob is pressed down into the center of my noggin. Made them unusable for me after maybe an hour of head time. I hated letting them go, I loved the retro look. Here are mine before I sent them packing:

I had to nix all of my full sized Audezes because of the same reason. It was painful to wear them for long periods. I miss the sound. I don't miss having to take 2 Excedrin after wearing them.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #14,183 of 36,128
I had to nix all of my full sized Audezes because of the same reason. It was painful to wear them for long periods. I miss the sound. I don't miss having to take 2 Excedrin after wearing them.

I read that as Au-diseases, lol.

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #14,185 of 36,128

I borrowed my husband's Audeze LCD-X one day. Listened to two albums. Was blown away by the sound. The next day I knew I would never put them on again.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #14,187 of 36,128
I borrowed my husband's Audeze LCD-X one day. Listened to two albums. Was blown away by the sound. The next day I knew I would never put them on again.
I tried everything to make my LCD-3s, LCD-Xs, and LCD-2s more comfortable. LOHB strap, Carbon fiber headband, vegan ear pads. After all that, I felt like I just had neck surgery every time I wore them. I just sold all of them in the last month. I'll buy another pair in the future. The sound is just too good.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #14,188 of 36,128
Apr 13, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14,189 of 36,128
Weirdly enough, I've never had an issue with wearing the Audeze for long periods of time. Don't get me wrong, they are definitely on the chunky side, it just doesn't seem to phase me. I keep selling them because my modded M1060 is just better to me. I'm gonna sell my current LCD-2 Pre fazors soon as they are getting zero head time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back