The Audio Lounge
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #14,193 of 36,192
Apr 13, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #14,195 of 36,192
I liked Space 1999, Dr Who and other sci-fi but always had a soft spot for Rumpole of the Bailey

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #14,196 of 36,192
Avengers, Rockford Files, DR in the House

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #14,197 of 36,192
I liked Space 1999, Dr Who and other sci-fi but always had a soft spot for Rumpole of the Bailey
Space 1999 was the bomb.

We didn't have Dr. Who or Rumpole of the Bailey in the US. I've watched a lot of the new Dr. Who.

Battle Star Galactica and The Rockford Files were our shows back then.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #14,200 of 36,192
I hate to admit it, but in the early 80's it was Knight Rider, Airwolf, and Dukes of Hazzard for me. I went back recently and watched some Knight Rider and it was so cheesy, but I still loved it, lol.

EDIT: And The Equalizer of course! I just remembered that one.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #14,201 of 36,192
Damn, some memory lane stuff here. I, too, watched all the good ones: Airwolf, Knight Rider, Space: 1999, Battlestar.
I remember if my parents wanted to punish me, they took away me being able to watch Six Million Dollar Man.
I feel like my generation were the ones that our elders complained about being 'too plugged-in" watching too much TV. Funny, I don't watch much now. Must've gotten it all out of my system early on.

Apr 13, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #14,202 of 36,192
Kojack and Starsky and Hutch!!!!!
Damn, some memory lane stuff here. I, too, watched all the good ones: Airwolf, Knight Rider, Space: 1999, Battlestar.
I remember if my parents wanted to punish me, they took away me being able to watch Six Million Dollar Man.
I feel like my generation were the ones that our elders complained about being 'too plugged-in" watching too much TV. Funny, I don't watch much now. Must've gotten it all out of my system early on.
I know right.

It seems like all the kids today can't put down the Xbox controller or their cell phone.

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #14,203 of 36,192

"Rumpole of the Bailey" was on PBS, here in the USA, back in the 1990s - and I've seen most of them.
Currently, Acorn TV has got Series 1 & 2 of "Rumpole of the Bailey" available to be streamed - which I binge-watched last weekend.

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #14,204 of 36,192
Kojack and Starsky and Hutch!!!!!

I know right.

It seems like all the kids today can't put down the Xbox controller or their cell phone.
Oh man this is making me feel old and young at the same time lol.
I used to watch all these shows as a kid, loved em but like you say the Xbox is something else eh. My kids are into all that, not me personally as I’m pretty crap at it and if I ever played call of duty as an example, then I just became target practice for my kids and all there friends playing lol
They never beat me on a motorcycle race game though, I can hold my head up there haha.
What I find amazing about Xbox/PlayStation is that my kids can be playing with all their friends but none of them have left their bedrooms !!
All these tv shows I remember but most of the time as a kid myself and my friends were out and it was a problem for our parents to get us in at night but now it’s a problem to get our kids off the Xbox!!!!
Space 1999 wow, that really brings back memory’s
Happy Days
Indeed :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back