The Audio Lounge
Feb 20, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #13,382 of 36,155
Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side

Fred Eaglesmith - Wilder Than Her (from his album Drive-In Movie) I could only find it on this compilation

Feb 20, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #13,383 of 36,155
Latest Windows updates borked my pc, took me hours to get it sorted
Same. I ended up with a new SSD and a clean install. The old one could not be saved.
.......uhhh, is this the round of updates for February? I kinda hope that's what you're talking about cuz I just installed some updates a couple days ago which I think were the February updates (I usually defer updates for nearly a week after their regular second Tuesday/month release schedule). I luckily still have a happily working computer.

Feb 20, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #13,384 of 36,155
yes I'm on windows 7 and hadn't had updates for a while then all of a sudden there was quite a few but my computer would not restart. I had to go into safe mode, uninstall all that days updates then it let me restart. only let the updates I wanted and got back to normal (kinda)

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #13,385 of 36,155
Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side

Fred Eaglesmith - Wilder Than Her (from his album Drive-In Movie) I could only find it on this compilation

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #13,387 of 36,155
Mine is 10. Every update made it wonky or worse. Usually had to reinstall. After this update, soon after booting it would message that windows has encountered a problem and will shut down in 60 seconds. Could not boot to safe mode or reinstall. So I made that a slave drive and did a clean install on a new SSD. Really fast. And quiet.

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #13,388 of 36,155
barondla just keep pressing F8 key as you boot up into recovery options and go into safe mode go to updates click to show time installed and delete the latest ones. Once rebooted you can install just important ones.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #13,389 of 36,155
Latest Windows updates borked my pc, took me hours to get it sorted

I just hid all 4 of the currently displayed Windows 7 updates - after reading the comments.in this thread. Thanks tor the warnings!
How many remember the Police drama series - Kojak, with Telly Savalas?
Here's his youngest daughter, Ariana Savalas, singing with Postmodern Jukebox.
It may not make sense, until you hear her sing - but what comes to mind for me, is "smoked honey"... :ksc75smile:

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #13,390 of 36,155
Damn, her voice makes me melt...

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #13,391 of 36,155
I just hid all 4 of the currently displayed Windows 7 updates - after reading the comments.in this thread. Thanks tor the warnings!
How many remember the Police drama series - Kojak, with Telly Savalas?
Here's his youngest daughter, Ariana Savalas, singing with Postmodern Jukebox.
It may not make sense, until you hear her sing - but what comes to mind for me, is "smoked honey"... :ksc75smile:
Who Loves Ya baby

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #13,392 of 36,155
Mine is 10. Every update made it wonky or worse. Usually had to reinstall. After this update, soon after booting it would message that windows has encountered a problem and will shut down in 60 seconds. Could not boot to safe mode or reinstall. So I made that a slave drive and did a clean install on a new SSD. Really fast. And quiet.
I'm glad I haven't had any issues. I'm running Win10 Pro and I haven't had any issues with my computer. Knocking on wood, living on borrowed time :D

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #13,393 of 36,155
I'm glad I haven't had any issues. I'm running Win10 Pro and I haven't had any issues with my computer. Knocking on wood, living on borrowed time :D

Not to deflate your balloon, but that's what I have as well, and it has pretty much screwed up with each update. Hopefully this clean install solves that.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #13,394 of 36,155

Not to deflate your balloon, but that's what I have as well, and it has pretty much screwed up with each update. Hopefully this clean install solves that.

Well, every laptop in my house, which at this point is the silly number of 8 (mine, wife's, the kid's, and 3 laptops are attached to TV's for HTPC use) all use Win 10 and all are functioning fine. And they are updated to the latest updates. I'm in no way defending MS, just stating that not all machines running Win 10 are doomed, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back