The Audio Lounge
Feb 19, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #13,366 of 36,241
Think possibly I may have posted this before? (Memory not what it used to be :older_man:) but as I have just been listening to this it reminded me what a great track and album this is and anyone of the younger generation or possibly just never listened to it who like music and sci-fi should definitely give it a spin.
Oh and I haven't posted a track in ages!
Enjoy.

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #13,367 of 36,241
I had that album soon as it came out and when I left home my youngest brother asked me to leave it with him.

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #13,371 of 36,241
Think possibly I may have posted this before? (Memory not what it used to be :older_man:) but as I have just been listening to this it reminded me what a great track and album this is and anyone of the younger generation or possibly just never listened to it who like music and sci-fi should definitely give it a spin.
Oh and I haven't posted a track in ages!
Enjoy.

Have this on SACD. Killer album and recording. Need to give it another listen, soon.

@majo123 the Koss are breaking in nicely. Straight out of the PonoPlayer right into the Koss amp/headphones. Can't believe how light weight the cans are. They even weigh less than the Sennheiser HD600 (which are pretty light for full size cans.

Think you would love the sound. Effortless and ultra detailed. Already working on first upgrade. Have a larger linear power supply on the way for the Koss amp. Sigh, there's always something.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #13,372 of 36,241
there's always something.

Sounds good and would of loved to have joined the drop, but in my world "theres always something" in the other direction lol...well lately anyway , would love to give them a spin though.
I'm becoming a bit of an ety addict though everything the praisers say about them for me is true , since owning them nearly everything I stick in my ears or put on my ears doesn't sound accurate and overly coloured or not as detailed. I'm not using anything out of my own collection apart from the 400i when I need a break from something in my ears and even then these full sized Planar don't come close for accuracy and detail.
I'm hoping to go to cam jam this year and I'm going to be trying quite a few iems mainly just to see if any of the higher budget can knock these things out of the park they are that good, believe the hype on the ety thread.

Feb 20, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #13,373 of 36,241
Sounds good and would of loved to have joined the drop, but in my world "theres always something" in the other direction lol...well lately anyway , would love to give them a spin though.
I'm becoming a bit of an ety addict though everything the praisers say about them for me is true , since owning them nearly everything I stick in my ears or put on my ears doesn't sound accurate and overly coloured or not as detailed. I'm not using anything out of my own collection apart from the 400i when I need a break from something in my ears and even then these full sized Planar don't come close for accuracy and detail.
I'm hoping to go to cam jam this year and I'm going to be trying quite a few iems mainly just to see if any of the higher budget can knock these things out of the park they are that good, believe the hype on the ety thread.
Frankly, I'm gonna guess no :D. You'll find stuff that's going to sound great at all sorts of price points, but it so far seems like the unique way Etys are tuned that their sound is spot on your style. Not quite my cup of tea, but that's what makes me different from you with different ears :p

In other news, I've finally gotten my iSine10s back from Audeze since one side died a few months back. I sent it out around the head of this month and would have gotten them back last week had there not been a bunch of snow the week before. I'm a happy camper again with these after applying the appropriate EQ that mimics the Cipher cable's curve. They can be powered pretty easily out of my iPod Touch 5g and because of that, I was actually kinda surprised that they didn't seem all that sensitive when I plugged into my desktop amp, so that's nice to know, even though whenever I'm going to have something on my ears with my desktop amp, it would likely be actual headphones. These will be great at work though since I'll be able to hear my music and my surroundings.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #13,374 of 36,241
Not quite my cup of tea, but that's what makes me different from you with different ears :p
Indeed if we all were the same it would be boring, but also apparently the newer range 4sr and 4xr 3sr and 3xr are different and not as sterile as the previous versions although I cant comment on them as no experience with the previous models... but again each to there own.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #13,375 of 36,241
WOW: Wild (I have returned from Winblows hell)

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #13,379 of 36,241
Latest Windows updates borked my pc, took me hours to get it sorted

Same. I ended up with a new SSD and a clean install. The old one could not be saved.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #13,380 of 36,241

Did I say I'm the slickest there is?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back