The Audio Lounge
Sep 18, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #11,266 of 36,019
Thanks for the info, was certainly interesting.

I was more thinking of cables for a shorter section 3.5mm connector to y-split on the IEMs though.

Oh I see sorry, and interesting ..... while we are on this subject , what length would all you guys say is adequate for your needs? Obviously it has to cater to all body lengths and if I do ever get to building for others stage then easy to cater for specific needs.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #11,267 of 36,019
Hey guys

Some random obsession observations based on previous conversations on here:

Picked up a pair of B&O Beoplay E8 wireless earbuds this week for a steal on eBay - I know a few people like @Midgetguy were in to totally wireless, and once I found a properly sealing tip (Spiral Dots), I've been pretty impressed with the sound. Connection isn't perfect but it's good enough for daily use, and the SQ is pretty high for a Bluetooth bud. Actuate better than their wired IEMs (H3?) I used to have. Really nice portable case and control system as well. Anyone else tried them?

And for the planar fans, got the Audeze Mobius in from the IDGG campaign yesterday. Nothing mind blowing in terms of SQ, but the 3D effect really dies make a difference, and gives you more of that "speaker" feel to the presentation. More experimentation to come, but definitely a pleasant surprise and very musical. Been a good week!

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #11,268 of 36,019
Hey guys

Some random obsession observations based on previous conversations on here:

Picked up a pair of B&O Beoplay E8 wireless earbuds this week for a steal on eBay - I know a few people like @Midgetguy were in to totally wireless, and once I found a properly sealing tip (Spiral Dots), I've been pretty impressed with the sound. Connection isn't perfect but it's good enough for daily use, and the SQ is pretty high for a Bluetooth bud. Actuate better than their wired IEMs (H3?) I used to have. Really nice portable case and control system as well. Anyone else tried them?

And for the planar fans, got the Audeze Mobius in from the IDGG campaign yesterday. Nothing mind blowing in terms of SQ, but the 3D effect really dies make a difference, and gives you more of that "speaker" feel to the presentation. More experimentation to come, but definitely a pleasant surprise and very musical. Been a good week!
Never got the Beoplays because of their price. Still just been walking around with the Bragi Headphone when I feel like going wireless. Waiting on the EOZ Air to materialize. I love me some good sound quality and when I'm in more quieter situations where I still want to go wireless, would love something that sounds good, but for the daily commute, it doesn't have to sound like a $300 wired IEM. Wouldn't hurt if it did though :D

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #11,270 of 36,019
as the current WOD comes to an end, I just have to post a couple that have not been done...

never forget THE BOSS

...and of course ... this one ... too many versions to choose from.. so here are two

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #11,274 of 36,019
WOD: Green

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #11,278 of 36,019
WOD:

Some great rhymes in the lyrics :D

The Housemartins :)

The Pogues! :D

I posted this a while back I think, but it's good enough to warrant a second listen :wink:
Cat Stevens, under his new moniker of Yusuf.

A truly great song, with heart-rending lyrics

A bonus one from The Fureys, just because I love them and it's beautiful and heart-wrenching too.
I don't mind admitting I blub like a toddler whenever I hear this :D

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #11,280 of 36,019
Looked for some tickets for Bonamassa, 150€ for interior space, this is nuts.
I will never pay that for one ticket, I can go to 3-4 gigs for the money.
I've only ever paid that once, it was for this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmet_Ertegun_Tribute_Concert

I think it was worth it, but totally agree that this was the exception rather than the rule. Generally don't like paying more than £40 a ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back