The Audio Lounge
Sep 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #11,296 of 36,106
My HE-4XX came in today. After 2 hours, some EQ, and some sheepskin pads, I'm decently impressed. From my LG V30 they wouldn't get very loud but I could hear they had a little something I might like. I plugged them up to my SDAC/Magni 3 and that was much better. They went up to a good listening level and the HE-4XX had some soul to them so I fired up EqualizerAPO and played a bit. I still felt they needed a little something. I used the extra pad mounting rings to put on some Brainwavz sheepskin pads and it all came together sound and comfort wise. These are now mini HE-560's imo. They have better bass, slightly less lush in the mids, and better highs with no sibilance even when pushed. The HE-4XX are $170 new on Massdrop and sheepskin pads are $40 at their sale price, making the total package cost $210. You can get a used set of M1060's for $180 to $220 all day long and I'd go that route at that price. However if you can find the HE-4XX used like I did and happen to already have some sheepskin pads sitting around, then this a a very nice budget entry into some good planar sound. Maybe even a better choice than the T-X0/T50rp.

Congrats dude glad it came together and your enjoying them.....the magni 3 definitely give them the oomph needed ,like the 400I you can just run them on a decent dap but give them some juice and there much Better.
Enjoy dude.

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #11,300 of 36,106
Just because

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #11,301 of 36,106
Congrats my friend. You are in for some awesome listening sessions.
Already started my friend and welcome to the Lounge.
I will also, on behalf of everybody on the Lounge, offer you our sincerest apologies for the damage your wallet is about to suffer.
It’s far safer to leave it in the tray provided just outside the door as you enter :smile_phones:

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #11,303 of 36,106
WOD Crown... this one is difficult (for me) but I thought of a couple

This one is in the lyrics "Oh Crown of Light, Oh Darkened One..."
Leonard Cohen - Boogie Street

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #11,304 of 36,106
WOD:

For the first time, I find myself utterly stumped. Can't think of a single thing!
Ironically, it's also the first time I saw the WOD the evening it was posted, rather than the morning or afternoon of the next day :D

So, I'm just going to post something completely irrelevant, but a song that always brings a big smile to my face :D

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #11,307 of 36,106
Already started my friend and welcome to the Lounge.
I will also, on behalf of everybody on the Lounge, offer you our sincerest apologies for the damage your wallet is about to suffer.
It’s far safer to leave it in the tray provided just outside the door as you enter :smile_phones:
@jerick70 we are a bunch of enablers, consider yourself warned, lol. Welcome to the Lounge.
Oh great now look what you got me into. Lol I fit the enabler MO myself. I'll fit right in.

Anyone heard the Sony DMP Z1? I've heard from a reliable source that it turns your cat into gold when you open the box. Lol JK

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #11,310 of 36,106
Oh great now look what you got me into. Lol I fit the enabler MO myself. I'll fit right in.

Anyone heard the Sony DMP Z1? I've heard from a reliable source that it turns your cat into gold when you open the box. Lol JK
Yep, and it’s as big as a HiFi amplifier and you can’t even plug speakers into it lol
A golden cat, that’s new eh, how much are they worth

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back