The Audio Lounge
Jul 9, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #8,867 of 36,020
In all seriousness I'm pretty happy with my lot at the moment, sources..n3, mojo, opus1, x7ii are covering all bases for me.
iems..new primacy ,re400, re600v2 and get the er4xr back and again I'm a happy camper, still love my he400i and not in rush but will possibly update next year.
So I will start saving and possibly buy Andros or pp3 or Hifiman Ananda begining of next year .
Sit back relax and enjoy.

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #8,868 of 36,020
Brilliant! ......do you get a pin badge for not wearing earbuds for a while?????...I think you should get a gold one for not wearing beats.

Haha..EA was never intended to help people stop. Everyday people post photos and praise their latest purchases. It should be called Earbuds Enablers.

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #8,869 of 36,020
I could praise my newest... arrived today.... T-Music v2
Same shells as a Monk so not for those who cannot wear Monks.
Seems to be a good all-rounder... just listening to albums with it tonight... not trying to compare or critique.

R0013535.JPG

Jul 9, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #8,870 of 36,020
I could praise my newest... arrived today.... T-Music v2
Same shells as a Monk so not for those who cannot wear Monks.
Seems to be a good all-rounder... just listening to albums with it tonight... not trying to compare or critique.

On their Aliexpress Website I found the Version2 (also called MX500) ? How do you find these Chinese Earbuds?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #8,871 of 36,020
On their Aliexpress Website the T2 is something different? The one in your photo is called Version2 and also MX500, on that site. Perhaps I am not on the correct site?

I got mine from the link below. Because they did not have free shipping to the UK (£25 shipping for £7 bud) I asked a friend in the US to order it and send it on to me. Saved a lot of shipping cost and he also got me a couple of other things that I could not get here. I paid him of course!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Ear-Headset-with-microphone/32728603685.html

References to MX500 often refer to the shell being used. It is the same as the one used by Monks.

It may or may not be the same as this one which does ship free to the UK... I found out about it recently but am happy that I did things the way I did because of the extra things I got:)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HiF...t-Head-Plug-Balance-Earphone/32878228760.html

Usually prices are cheaper if you use the aliexpress mobile app. My husband orders for both of us using the app. We chose to not give them both of our credit card numbers but having said that, we have never had a problem. It took just over 3 weeks for my v2 to arrive in the States... and then another week for it to ship from the States to the UK. Actually there was a week or so in between while we sorted out what else should ship with them. That bud has been on an adventure!

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #8,872 of 36,020
Jul 9, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #8,873 of 36,020
@majo123
I like that you are set for the time and enjoying what you've got. I think we forget that and new shiny things come by and distract you.
I have other financial responsibilities to handle at the moment and cannot justify any new purchases. I've purchased so many really nice things recently that I need to relish those and keep my eyes from wandering. My Andromeda, N5ii and M0 are just great. Love the sounds and really happy with them. I was looking at the IT04 very seriously and almost pulled the trigger at least a dozen times but I need to put money away and save. My older son needs new tires for the car and the younger one is doing a semester in Iceland next year. Money is going to be a little tight so no new stuff until Christmas? Can I really hold out that long?

I love the HE400i. Don't think I'll part with that one. The NightOwls and Ethers are also a great set. Gotta to settle down and really dig what I have.

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #8,874 of 36,020
have other financial responsibilities to handle at the moment

I too have had unexpected financial commitments which have limited purchases lately and been annoying but hey that's life, but I honestly think with what I own and my price range I can't step up much more apart from a better pair of iems which I plan to own if i like and get for my 50th birthday...then update the 400i if I haven't already instead of iems , I too wouldn't sell my 400i love them dearly.
Once I hit this peak in my personal audio I will probably not buy for a few years.

Jul 10, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #8,875 of 36,020
@majo123
I like that you are set for the time and enjoying what you've got. I think we forget that and new shiny things come by and distract you.
I have other financial responsibilities to handle at the moment and cannot justify any new purchases. I've purchased so many really nice things recently that I need to relish those and keep my eyes from wandering. My Andromeda, N5ii and M0 are just great. Love the sounds and really happy with them. I was looking at the IT04 very seriously and almost pulled the trigger at least a dozen times but I need to put money away and save. My older son needs new tires for the car and the younger one is doing a semester in Iceland next year. Money is going to be a little tight so no new stuff until Christmas? Can I really hold out that long?

I love the HE400i. Don't think I'll part with that one. The NightOwls and Ethers are also a great set. Gotta to settle down and really dig what I have.
If you haven’t tried the IT03/04 yet, I would strongly advise you to try either before you buy if possible. They are both great IEMs but do have fit issues, if your ears are on the smaller side you may experience some discomfort. I have the 03s which can start to hurt after a while, tried spinfits on em and that helped.
They are that good though I just kept on going, put the stock tips back on and kind of got used to em. They really do punch above their weight, it’s a shame your not my neighbour, you could pop round for a cuppa and try em out. :smile_phones:

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #8,878 of 36,020
If you haven’t tried the IT03/04 yet, I would strongly advise you to try either before you buy if possible. They are both great IEMs but do have fit issues, if your ears are on the smaller side you may experience some discomfort. I have the 03s which can start to hurt after a while, tried spinfits on em and that helped.
They are that good though I just kept on going, put the stock tips back on and kind of got used to em. They really do punch above their weight, it’s a shame your not my neighbour, you could pop round for a cuppa and try em out. :smile_phones:

I have the IT01 and 03 that is why I was interested in hearing what the 04s could do...I have 10 IEMs at the moment, I think they'll hold me for a while. Thanks for the invite.

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #8,879 of 36,020
Jul 10, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #8,880 of 36,020
I have the IT01 and 03 that is why I was interested in hearing what the 04s could do...I have 10 IEMs at the moment, I think they'll hold me for a while. Thanks for the invite.
No worries, I’m going to hold off on the 04s to see if they do a run on the wooden 04s and I’ll jump on em. If not I’ll probably still get em but at the moment the AndromedaVega are keeping me very happy indeed especially with the new Amp8 for the DX200. A week or so ago one or two Amp4 modules were selling for $50 more than retail, now they have been slashing the price because everybody’s getting Amp7/8 they are that good and you know me, love a good amp :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back