The Audio Lounge
Sep 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #3,451 of 36,138
Hey I need to make one last rant on here.
Out of respect for reviewers I won't link but using just examples from them.

I'm reading some old reviews and this seems really common. So this person is comparing iems and daps.

So a new dap comes out from this company. They are doing comparisons to old. So "yeah compared to old model, the old one sounds more muddy and lacking detail and sounds boring compared to new one" the new one just brings life to your music! Huge soundstage and beats old model by a huge amount!

But 1 year later. The last flagship model just sounds less detailed and soundstage not as deep or wide. It just sounds veiled in comparison. New model has amazing seperation between the guitar and vocals. You can pick them out so easily. I can *insert artist here* she sings so fluidly and old just can't do that.

And comments are like the end of the world.
Oooooh noooo Im the owner of previous model. It sounds like **** to new one.

Everyone there is lamenting the loss of their old model.

It's like people are being groomed to become audiophools.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #3,452 of 36,138
The last drop of HiFiMan HE4XX haven't shipped, won't until December. How are people hearing them to rate them?

I'm not certain but i read posts or reviews on massdrop 400 that were rubbish and apparently nothing like 400i maybe the were different and not the ones on massdrop at the moment .
If the ones on massdrop at the moment are the same as the 400i I'm uncertain .

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3,454 of 36,138
I'm not certain but i read posts or reviews on massdrop 400 that were rubbish and apparently nothing like 400i maybe the were different and not the ones on massdrop at the moment .

Ok, cool. I didn't end up going with a pair so I'm glad if they are a dud.

Anyway guys I'm not on so much anymore sitting back and enjoying what I got, but i do check now and again, so who's been buying what? And OldDude04 did you get your dap?

They received all the materials and were beginning to build the productions runs of the AP200 was the last I've heard. Supposed to be sending some out by the end of this month. I feel like a kid that knows he's getting something good for Christmas, but it's only December 1st, lol.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #3,455 of 36,138

They received all the materials and were beginning to build the productions runs of the AP200 was the last I've heard. Supposed to be sending some out by the end of this month. I feel like a kid that knows he's getting something good for Christmas, but it's only December 1st, lol.

I'd say your safe unless they've partnered with Trinity Audio:rolling_eyes: Oh no he didn't:scream:

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #3,456 of 36,138

Hopefully not much longer then bet you can't wait , il keep an eye out for your thoughts when it arrives as I'm intrigued.
I was going to buy 560s next week at £390 so replacing my 400i at £180 was a right result for me as they were £350 on Amazon UK last week and I was pretty happy with them originally although the 560s are supposed to have better detail but 400i better for longer sessions.

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #3,457 of 36,138

I thought the MD HE-4XX was going to use the same drivers as the 400i but they changed the housing somewhat and made them easier to drive as they did with the 400s. I have the 400i and love them. My son has the 400s and he really likes them as well. I know of no one who has any input of the MD version. I could be wrong but that is what I thought I read when they became available...

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #3,458 of 36,138
I thought the MD HE-4XX was going to use the same drivers as the 400i but they changed the housing somewhat and made them easier to drive as they did with the 400s. I have the 400i and love them. My son has the 400s and he really likes them as well. I know of no one who has any input of the MD version. I could be wrong but that is what I thought I read when they became available...

Ok ....well I'm not certain??? But know I read somewhere that there was some not so good 400 from mass drop but not certain about the ones that are on at the moment.

I had 400i until I crushed them in a house move , absolutely loved them so I'm pretty pleased with picking them up at that price. I paid £400 before so I'm happy although I could of got the 560s .

Sep 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,463 of 36,138
I almost went with the 560s as well but know they had some initial production issues with some lots and at the time, I didn't want to play that game. The 400i turned out to be wonderful. I paid a lot when they came out but have no intention of letting them go.

Sorry to hear about the crushing Majo, that is a terrible way for headphones to die.

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #3,465 of 36,138
On another note, what is everyone listening to right now? I'm on a Foo Fighters kick, currently listening to "Everlong" on my HFI-580's through my Schiit stack.

Currently, I am still on a Steely Dan kick. Just can't get over Becker passing. I have a pretty good amount of albums and just listening to stuff I don't frequent often, just some wonderful music.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back