The Audio Lounge
Aug 23, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2,102 of 36,138
Thanks for that. To be perfectly frank, I don't know what my immediate plans are. I looked at the form factor in both the Mojo-Poly and iDSD and now unsure if I want to even go there. I have streamlined my stuff down to almost essentials so just not sure what I want to do. I have the X5iii and A5 strapped to it and that gives some wonderful sounds. Now that I have the X3iii, that will be my portable go-to when out and about. My older X3ii will serve as transport for my rekindled home system. Trying to bring back life an older 80s system and play modern digital files on it.

Also looking to save some cash for a new over-ear phone sometime this Fall. So many things and so little cash. I'll keep poking at the iDSD and Mojo idea until something comes into focus...

btw- had the N3 and sold it, didn't like the UI. Chose the X3iii over the Shanling as I did not like the scroll wheel that is the same as the one I had on the M2 v1.
I understand completely what you are saying.
I sit and think and research something until the cows come home. I only mentioned the N3 and M1/M2s because of the hiby link. But I know a bunch more DAPs are going to use that. The new Hidizs AP200 should use the same hiby link. And hiby just announced their own DAP. The R6. I have to ASSUME that will use the Hiby Link as well. But AP200 and R6 are more expensive than the other 2 that are currently available to walk out the door.

I think I'm the ANTI @JaeYoon I buy a dap about once every 3 years or so. ha ha. Right now I'm just trying to listen to understand what I like about what I have. I mentioned this before, but I JUST discovered that I can hear soundstage last month. So I'm trying to find that sweet spot where I can identify what I like and what fits my needs.

What is it about the Hunter that I like? (rhetorical question) So when I do splurge for the Campfire Audio or the LZ Big Dipper, or the whatever.... What do I like/want. Is it detail? I didn't used to think it was, but maybe that's what I like. Is it soundstage? Never thought I could hear it, but now that I can, do I want the Andromeda over the Vega. (Although I just think it would be cool to say, "I have the Vega" in the same tone and voice that Mia Wallace (Uma Therman) said "Vincent Vega" at the Jackrabbit Slim's dance contest. But that WILL NOT be my deciding factor.)

Next thing I have in the pipeline is is Qty-3 $0.71 USB C cables to hook my N3 up to my Decco 65 and my Unison Research SH DAC/Amplifier. I can't wait to see if I like the Unison Research SH as much (or more) with my N3 as I do with the RSA Intruder.

My next flowerpot purchase is less than 5 dollars. Hope I love it.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #2,104 of 36,138
When I attended the 1st Head-Fi meet earlier this year I was surprised at the amount of Schiit there. Of the Sennheiser HD800, AKG 872, Koss ESP950, Focal Utopia, and Hifiman 1000V2 only the Hifiman lacked any Schiit in the chain. Was surprised by that. Didn't notice any Ifi iDSD at all.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2,107 of 36,138
Well nice to know @Howlin Fester is like my alter ego. :p

Fedex reports my andromeda is on front porch.

I just gotta wait for my iDSD black micro and my backpack. Im set!

But dont worry guys. I wont buy anything else for months to come.

Im definitely not gonna pull anything out of my wallet for this hobby for a long time.
*blindfolds eyes

And those ImR iems do not exist. I never seen them. I never read jackpots good impressions of them. I definitely uh dont know they exist.
*might try to preorder *slaps wrist

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #2,108 of 36,138
Was hoping to put more impressions up today, but looking but might be tomorrow night now. Don't want to start any hype trains, but they definitely are a good sounding set of IEMs, and the most balanced thing in the mids and treble I've heard Bob produce to date. That bass is also something impressive.

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #2,109 of 36,138
Yeah I think Im going to heed advice here.
I might as well keep my Opus 1 as my main dap for a long time. Theres nothing else I like that has dual slots.

I have dropped 454 usd on a new idsd black label on amazon for same day delivery lol. Im going to use it as a portable charger for my opus at the office and since Im going to be stationary. I think is a way better investment than another dap.

IMO Good choice as well. I still use my idsd as a dac feeding my Liquid Carbon amp in my desktop setup as I have not found any dedicated dac for the money I like better. Not the best looking rig but sounds oh so nice. I drive my HD650 and T50 planars just fine out of either.

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #2,110 of 36,138
Was hoping to put more impressions up today, but looking but might be tomorrow night now. Don't want to start any hype trains, but they definitely are a good sounding set of IEMs, and the most balanced thing in the mids and treble I've heard Bob produce to date. That bass is also something impressive.

I think the bass of Icarus 3 already had quite a bass. At least on paper the new driver sounds even better (size +Be).

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #2,111 of 36,138
So the next question is......does your next flowerpot purchase cost less than the flowerpot itself? 0.o lol
Flower pot cost more than my flowerpot purchase? Well... Yes. Huge honking thing.
Cost to me? Nothing. I would never buy a flowerpot of flowers. All my wife's doing.

upload_2017-8-23_17-36-6.png

upload_2017-8-23_17-37-40.png

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2,112 of 36,138
digging the bass on my **** DIY EMX500 with some progressive house right now

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #2,114 of 36,138
@majo123 you know my vote, hahaha. But both have their advantages it's just what you're after at the end of the day. Valhalla 2, ftw. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back