The Audio Lounge
Aug 23, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #2,116 of 36,204
I am very jealous.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #2,117 of 36,204
20170823_174533.jpg
20170823_174700.jpg

Andromedas quick testing some songs, they fit perfectly in my preference of sound, and excel my expectations when it comes to Classical Music. I will test other genres in future.

For Furtwanglers recording back in 1954. THESE have just blown the roof off the Theatre itself!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #2,118 of 36,204
A serious question I have been meaning to ask you all, I have gone from wearing multi driver iems to single driver (flarespro) and I have to say with the size of the flarespro it's been quite refreshing going back to single driver , I'm looking for a work iem preferably under £180 any single driver suggestions?

Pioneer SE-CH9T-K... You'll save some money too as it's only £99. It's one slight failing is it doesn't have a huge soundstage, but other than that it's dynamite.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #2,121 of 36,204
Congrats on your new gear @JaeYoon

I'm gonna be saving up for the Polaris. Looks too good, similar signature to the Vega but slightly more affordable.

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #2,122 of 36,204
Congrats on your new gear @JaeYoon

I'm gonna be saving up for the Polaris. Looks too good, similar signature to the Vega but slightly more affordable.
Yes. I've read fantastic stuff about polaris and still check everyday!!!

I highly recommend it, it's a hybrid and very affordable! You get Cerakote and anodized aluminum and a 3rd printed spout.
That means no condensation! I have to throw JPN silica packs into my andromeda leather case to absorb any moisture lol.

Let the campfires begin!
新山詩織-さよなら私の恋心-758x758.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #2,124 of 36,204
@majo123 you know my vote, hahaha. But both have their advantages it's just what you're after at the end of the day. Valhalla 2, ftw. :p

I'm still very undecided in the way to go, so much choice and it will be virtually end game setup well at least for a few years anyway.
I like the aesthetics of a schiit stack, nice laid back recliner and decentish planars....but i keep coming across the odd commenter not just on here that says "my black label or mojo is just as good "
There's my dilemma all I know is if i buy the schiit stack it will cost me upto £1000 if i buy black label around £4-500 .

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #2,125 of 36,204
I'm still very undecided in the way to go, so much choice and it will be virtually end game setup well at least for a few years anyway.
I like the aesthetics of a schiit stack, nice laid back recliner and decentish planars....but i keep coming across the odd commenter not just on here that says "my black label or mojo is just as good "
There's my dilemma all I know is if i buy the schiit stack it will cost me upto £1000 if i buy black label around £4-500 .
It's up to you though. I mean..... if you like schiit stuff. You can go for it
(no pun intended) :/

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #2,126 of 36,204

I think there was a little pun there lol.
Well we shall see ....all I know is if i go for black label it will do both dac and amp anf few comments I read have said mojo dac only is as good or better than bifrost multibit....as i say think it's coming down to aesthetics.

One thing that does annoy me is ifi is a British company but you can buy black label for under 400 dollars in the U.S. but it's £550 here!

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #2,127 of 36,204
Well we shall see ....all I know is if i go for black label it will do both dac and amp anf few comments I read have said mojo dac only is as good or better than bifrost multibit....as i say think it's coming down to aesthetics.

One thing that does annoy me is ifi is a British company but you can buy black label for under 400 dollars in the U.S. but it's £550 here!
I like volume knobs so that immediately got my attention before anything out of mojo got me :p

Hmmm I have a use a mini tos adapter that comes with idsd.

Mojo works with full blown toslink/mini tos without an adapter. I guess you get cool lights and marbles. Sound quality can be mixed as people on both sides of fence like one more than other.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #2,128 of 36,204
I like volume knobs so that immediately got my attention before anything out of mojo got me :p

Hmmm I have a use a mini tos adapter that comes with idsd.

Mojo works with full blown toslink/mini tos without an adapter. I guess you get cool lights and marbles. Sound quality can be mixed as people on both sides of fence like one more than other.

That's what i found in my readings, think there both excellent devices.
Quite a few posts back on this thread (don't know where sorry) there's a guy with an ifi stack who I think had black label and loves it

If I buy black label I will probably buy from U.S and pay tax as ifi being British it's easy to return to them for warranty .

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #2,129 of 36,204
Guess the difference lies that Valhalla 2, you get to tweak the sound with the changing of tubes. It's abit more versatile, but then again you do need a good DAC too.

The biggest difference to me is probably the background of it (noise level). Most tube amps do have a little hum due to the tubes or grounding issues. But if you can live with that, go for the Valhalla. If you don't wanna risk it, get the other since sonically and sound wise they sound on par.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,130 of 36,204

It's up to you though
I mean... if you like shcitt stuff
You can go for it.

A pun and Haiku
To get the Schitt or i-fi
Decisions to make

Users who are viewing this thread

Back