The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #601 of 18,652
I can't wait for mine and hope they're a good match with the PB2s and my Mad Dogs.

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy cabling to connect to the PB2 in readiness for when the DX50 arrives?

A TRS mini-mini from DX50 line-out to PB2 SE input will be needed. Of course if you want to run the PB2 from the balanced output, you will need to re-terminate your 4-lead phones with the iBasso Hirose adapter. If you plan to use only the SE PB2 output, you will not experience its full potential.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #602 of 18,652
  Sounds like you want to hack some resources, not install vanilla Android. I think stock Android would need a bit of work to even make it on par with the iBasso firmware, SQ-wise.

Lol, wha-?

I only want to change the wooden wallpaper to one of my own... 
frown.gif

Is that so hard for one to ask..? *sniff* *sniff*

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #603 of 18,652
I like the sound enough so do not see the need for mod. Esp when pairing with Heir5.0, i can listen to it as long as the battery lasts.. But will continue to search for amp bcos of the inevitable crave for powerful sound with conviction.. LoL

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #604 of 18,652
i'm still waiting for a detailed comparison with stock AK100 =(

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #608 of 18,652

Nah, not hard to ask at all 
cool.gif

But seriously, if you're scared by tech stuff so much, why do you think you're gonna enjoy installing Android on that thing?

Haha, I won't be installing Android then. I will find a way, if simple enough, to change my wallpaper, and leave it at that.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #610 of 18,652
I liked the ak120 but some areas were a bit lacking to me with excellent iems compared to the 901 and in this I think we agree. So in what areas does the dx50 lack or differ from the ak120? thanks

Mainly lacks the painful satisfaction to know I sank 4 digits into a freaking digital audio player... or the ability to bash i-devices with a snobby smile on my face at meets or show  
tongue.gif
   /s
On a more serious note, mids sound different in that AK120 has more body and sound fuller, while still maintaining the resolution/clarity.  Mid bass differs in a similar way but to lesser extend.  Treble seems to be more refined/lacks sparkle (glass half empty/half full).  Soundstage have more depth but may sound actually narrower on busy/complex tracks.  The difference isn't really night and day and has to listen intently to familiar tracks.  Many a time I "find" some "deficiency" and switched to the AK120 on the same track and well it wasn't really immediately better (e.g. "em... voice sounded thin..."  "oh nevermind it is like that on here too").   

They sound different for sure, but if I need to "squint" my ears to listen to different and struggle to decide which one I like better, it made the decision to sell it quite easy.  Afterall I gain the satisfaction of having 4 digits of cash back in my pocket now.   
biggrin.gif

Just hope the firmware will arrive at a point it is as stable.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #611 of 18,652
  The DX50 really comes into its own on Hi Rez files...... best is, the dac chip seems to handle hi rez files with ease, no extra heat that I have noticed and battery seems really strong.....................

So good I have ordered 10 units...hahahaha

Gotta pay now...

Where's kkcc???
bigsmile_face.gif

You sending 10 DX50 to me for free or what?  
L3000.gif
    You know, I can only afford 5 more with the $$$ I got from the120 if I skip lunch tmr..... 

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #613 of 18,652
This is one buggy UI!​

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #614 of 18,652
A TRS mini-mini from DX50 line-out to PB2 SE input will be needed. Of course if you want to run the PB2 from the balanced output, you will need to re-terminate your 4-lead phones with the iBasso Hirose adapter. If you plan to use only the SE PB2 output, you will not experience its full potential.
Damn it I gotta recable my mad dogs? Who can do this?

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #615 of 18,652

Omg! Thanks heaps, Swimsonny!

If you can, not expecting you to, but if you got another minute to spare, could you show pictures of the DX50 with the C5 stacked together?:) 

And how do you find it paired with the C5? Very curious to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back