The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 19, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #16,636 of 18,652
Which SU did You use? SUEX ? If yes, then 1.2.2 should be correct. With SU 1.3.3 it should show 1.5.0 since it is based off from original 1.5.0.

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #16,638 of 18,652
Guys, I'm currently unpacking the update.img image file for rockchip.
I've successfully unpacked the update.img, I'm now however unable to unpack the 2nd layer system.img which is ext3 image format.

any idea? I wanted to customize everything on my own, my friend tweaked his Samsung S4 and it sounds damn close to AK100 (I ain't joking, I swear). He was playing with pre-amp configuration or something.

anyways, help would be much appreciated. also I have no idea how to repack all the stuff once I'm done playing around with the unpacked stuff

I forgot to mention that I'm using windows.
yes you heard it right, windows.. lol.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #16,639 of 18,652
I've successfully unpacked the update.img, I'm now however unable to unpack the 2nd layer system.img which is ext3 image format.

any idea? I wanted to customize everything on my own, my friend tweaked his Samsung S4 and it sounds damn close to AK100 (I ain't joking, I swear). He was playing with pre-amp configuration or something.

anyways, help would be much appreciated. also I have no idea how to repack all the stuff once I'm done playing around with the unpacked stuff

Whats wrong with Windows?

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #16,640 of 18,652
And DX50 is not some kind of dumbphone
rolleyes.gif
 I think You have no idea what You are trying to tweak or do with the firmware.
There are lot of modified appreciated FW`s out there to choose from. Tweaking Mango UI and sound isn`t such a easy task like unpack & mess around.

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #16,641 of 18,652

You have to use RK3xxx firmware tools. Just Google it.

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #16,642 of 18,652
  And DX50 is not some kind of dumbphone
rolleyes.gif
 I think You have no idea what You are trying to tweak or do with the firmware.
There are lot of modified appreciated FW`s out there to choose from. Tweaking Mango UI and sound isn`t such a easy task like unpack & mess around.

haha.. it's ok, I'm just curious about it and wanted to play around with it.
in the end if it doesn't work I'll just switch back to DOC's ff
biggrin.gif

You have to use RK3xxx firmware tools. Just Google it.

oh.. I used another tools which is more confusing..
I'll give a try on this tool, isn't it the one made by poverony? thanks doc!

EDIT: So apparently I've tried to extract the update.img and system.img but both failed miserably :frowning2: either the program crash or showing "error".

Looks like the luck isn't with me.

EDIT2: so in the end i finally mounted the system.img file. Still trying to figure out what this is :)

Whats wrong with Windows?

It'll be much easier if I'm doing this on linux but yeah..

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #16,643 of 18,652
Seems that I have a bit of a channel imbalance thing going on here that just showed up a few days after updating to 1.8.0 firmware. I have verified that it is not the specific music track or the headphones with different setups and sources etc. I will describe the scenario here...

When music is playing I change the volume (up or down by a few clicks) then suddenly the volume will shift significantly imbalanced to the left side. I can open up the L/R balance option and fiddle with it a bit and put it back at 0 and the imbalance is gone. If I do not adjust the volume at all it will play consistently, but once I go volume up or down, the sound will shift to the left again.

Anyone else have this problem? I may revert back to older firmware later when I have time to test if this is specifically hardware or firmware (more likely) related.

EDIT: A factory reset and rescan of the whole library fixed this problem.

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #16,644 of 18,652
  Seems that I have a bit of a channel imbalance thing going on here that just showed up a few days after updating to 1.8.0 firmware. I have verified that it is not the specific music track or the headphones with different setups and sources etc. I will describe the scenario here...

When music is playing I change the volume (up or down by a few clicks) then suddenly the volume will shift significantly imbalanced to the left side. I can open up the L/R balance option and fiddle with it a bit and put it back at 0 and the imbalance is gone. If I do not adjust the volume at all it will play consistently, but once I go volume up or down, the sound will shift to the left again.

Anyone else have this problem? I may revert back to older firmware later when I have time to test if this is specifically hardware or firmware (more likely) related.

EDIT: A factory reset and rescan of the whole library fixed this problem.

It is always suggested that you do a factory reset. I am glad your problem was solved.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #16,645 of 18,652
@coil what do you think if stock opamp replaced with MUSES8832 ??
im curious bcause it was new low voltage opamp from JRC

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #16,646 of 18,652
Do not know. Better ask babs. I haven`t rolled opamps on my DX50 as I feel no need to with SU 1.3.3 + Panasonic FC caps. Personal subjective opinion though.

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #16,647 of 18,652
  Hi there,

Back to the stuttering/blanking problem. @Howlin Fester @ph0n6 @VariMu @7S Cameron @CoiL

So I have formated one of my exFAT sd card: it is now a FAT32 sd card. No more stuttering with Doc's ultimate firmware. I have reformated my other exFAT sd card, still exFAT, and copy on it 1GB of music: I have stuttering.

So first conclusions for me:
  1. with official firmwares since 1.4 and unofficial firmwares based on official I have stuttering with my two 64GB Sandisk uSDcard exFAT formatted, filled out or not. Nevertheless, works fine on Rockbox, no stuttering at all.
  1. Once formatted on FAT32, no stuttering with official or unofficial firmwares.

Next step:
  1. I have to fill my newly FAT32 formatted SD card with music to know if the problem comes back because of too full SD card.

But since I'm new on FAT32, I don't know about allocation units size with this format. On exFAT, I choose 32KB cause I only listen large lossless files. I use SDFormatter 4.0 which doesn't offer default clusters size option.

I can confirm stuttering on my brand new iBasso DX50 with firmware 1.8 using exFAT 128GB Sandisk Ultra. No suttering on FAT32 internal, and from the short test I have just performed, fine again on the SD Card once reformatted to FAT32.

Mar 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #16,648 of 18,652

Please contact us at the email in my signature. We want your DX50 to work and for you to enjoy the music.

Received my DX50 a few days ago - Ibasso's RMA process has been quite fast! The problem creating the noise was that a resistor on the amp sectio blow out.

I don't know why but well, now it's fixed. Thanks Paul & Ibasso team!

EDIT2: so in the end i finally mounted the system.img file. Still trying to figure out what this is :)

What did you use to mount the image? I wanted to compare su 1.3.3 to the official firmware to see what had been modified but so far I didn't succeed to open the images...

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #16,649 of 18,652
This is for Paul from Ibasso, I know the guys are looking at a few niggles that arose from the latest firmware, is it possible to have it so gapless is the standard setting and not have the option within the settings. I'm sure most people here want it to be gapless anyway where you have tracks that follow on automatically, can that not just be the standard. Also MP3 and ACC are not absolutely perfect like this, not for me anyway, can this be fixed so it works perfectly?

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #16,650 of 18,652
Different formats use different "decoders" and some formats do not support gapless play, thus it "can`t be done". It`s also reason why Dmitry`s SU FLAC-mode doesn`t support gapless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back