The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 26, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #16,651 of 18,652
  Different formats use different "decoders" and some formats do not support gapless play, thus it "can`t be done". It`s also reason why Dmitry`s SU FLAC-mode doesn`t support gapless.

so rknano was the decoder?

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #16,652 of 18,652
Honestly, don`t know, I`m not home in that thing, just saying what I have read in simple terms. Maybe I misunderstood something.
Anyway, I guess getting gapless working without problems with all those formats isn`t so simple task.

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #16,653 of 18,652
  Different formats use different "decoders" and some formats do not support gapless play, thus it "can`t be done". It`s also reason why Dmitry`s SU FLAC-mode doesn`t support gapless.

A decoded FLAC returns exactly the same number of samples that were encoded, so for consecutive flacs from an album not to be gapless, means something is amiss in the player application -> audio output path. My guess would be it's something to do with trying to handle to each file's sample rate/ bit depth natively, with the switching causing problems, even if it's the same format.

MP3 having a fixed block/sample size is more difficult, but files encoded with LAME have XING headers which can be used to ignore padding samples.

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #16,654 of 18,652

Received my DX50 a few days ago - Ibasso's RMA process has been quite fast! The problem creating the noise was that a resistor on the amp sectio blow out.

I don't know why but well, now it's fixed. Thanks Paul & Ibasso team!

What did you use to mount the image? I wanted to compare su 1.3.3 to the official firmware to see what had been modified but so far I didn't succeed to open the images...

I used daemon tools to mount. Had a success once and somehow it won't mount again up until now.

Even though you are able to mount it, it's still difficult to do modification since all the files inside are already in binary compiled file.
I have no idea how DOC and others do their modification, although I understand that sound unlocked version firmware turned off the unnecessary services and increase the processor capability.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #16,655 of 18,652

Ok so today I encountered a really weird fault: Seems like the screen is officially "fried". The silicon case may be the source of my problem here: it just broken out of nowhere. I was turning it on and turn away a few second, when I turn back it became like this: 

I bought it from Amazon US, so can I return it directly to ibasso instead of retailer? I'm in VN right now so it took really long to ship it to US.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #16,656 of 18,652
The silicon case is the source of my problem here: it just broken out of nowhere.

Why You think it`s silicone case? Internal components may also be faulty or cause of it. Or maybe it might be even improperly attached LCD screen connection or something like that.
Anything can be cause of it. Though, depending on fabric against silicone case when wearing/using, it may create static electricity. I`ve been using silicone case from day one and it has been between/against many types of fabric (even bad static ones) and never had issues with static. But maybe my silicone is different since it isn`t original like yours, it`s mini audio one - thicker and better quality.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #16,657 of 18,652
Good point. "may be" might be the better word here. Nevertheless I'm not the first one to encounter this problem here. One thing for sure though I won't be using the silicon case when I get it back from warranty.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #16,658 of 18,652
  Good point. "may be" might be the better word here. Nevertheless I'm not the first one to encounter this problem here. One thing for sure though I won't be using the silicon case when I get it back from warranty.

I have noted your problem. Our warranty department has been notified. Normally for warranty you send the dap back to where you purchased it.  I will send a follow up to you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 27, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #16,659 of 18,652
Hi,
I have been enjoying DX50 with company firmwares (1.5 & 1.6). Today I learned latest firmware 1.8 was out so I properly updated following instruction from iBasso. While I learned this new firmware, I found many custom firmwares for DX50, it is kind of new world for me. After I read many posts, I was very curious about Sound Unlocked so I downloaded it. Then... I do not know how I install it onto my DX50. I was trying to find instruction but I was not able to. Could anybody tell me how to handle this "dx50_sound_unlocked_1.4.0.7z" file to activate it?

Current status.
1.8 Company firmware. (Again, I fully followed the instruction from iBasso on my Macbook pro. No errors and easy while updating.)

Thanks in advance.

Mar 27, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #16,660 of 18,652
.7z is packed file, You need to unpack it. And I recommend Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 over 1.4, better SQ imho. But 1.4 is also good.

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #16,661 of 18,652
Thanks for you reply. I tried to unpack the file but failed. I am not able to extract .7z files (1.4 & 1.3.3, I tried both) from github through 7-zip on Window and stuffit and unarchiver on Mac. what is wrong with my tries?

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #16,662 of 18,652
winrar, winzip or 7zip will unpack it without problems.

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #16,663 of 18,652
Thanks a lot. I did unpacked the file then got update.img. I did put it onto DX50 and setting - system update- then finish. after all I got system info saying Firmware version : V1.5.0. I placed sound unlocked 1.3.3 per your recommendation though. Can you say that I did right?
Thank you so much.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #16,664 of 18,652
Yes, 1.3.3 is based on 1.5.0, that`s why it shows version info as 1.5.0.

and don`t forget to play with hidden bootup menu sound settings: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-8-0/16380#post_11338866

Users who are viewing this thread

Back