The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 22, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #15,226 of 18,652
I've made an important update on my previous post, if you are installing from my signed drivers (https://mega.co.nz/#!21Z2wLDC!N0FowUEoO2InF4pSfYDx1C6Rfh9C7P15T7t5NipJqng) go directly to step 5b.

PS : i thought that the tool that allow to install "home made" certificate (certmgr.exe) was in Windows 7, but you have to install Windows SDK (1,4 Go) /csb

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #15,227 of 18,652
Has anyone paired this with the iBasso Pb2 and full size phones? and no how it performs as a source for something like that? Looking on upgrading my iPod 5.5  rockboxed in the near future. I am kind of debating if the DX90 is worth the extra cash right now

It works great with PB2. The LO is a lot better than the HO. I've been using the PB2 a while now with all my IEMs and cans. It even drives orthos like my mad dogs and my HE500 quite well. My main portable can now is my TH600, I like listening to EDM on the go

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #15,228 of 18,652
It works great with PB2. The LO is a lot better than the HO. I've been using the PB2 a while now with all my IEMs and cans. It even drives orthos like my mad dogs and my HE500 quite well. My main portable can now is my TH600, I like listening to EDM on the go

That is good news thanks for the write about it. I wanted to ask if you have heard the DX90 and if you feel the price is justified in comparison to this. I am currently using a rockboxed ipod 5.5 and have been trying to find out as much as I can to see if it is audibly much improvement over the  ipod with flacs that I have 

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #15,229 of 18,652
AND PLEASE IBASSO's STAFF, SPEND ONE OR TWO HOURS ON THIS screwING DRIVERS, THAT's A SHAME TO DO ALL THIS S**T TO MAKE A POOR DRIVER WORKING. DX50 IS A WONDERFULL PRODUCT, DAC WHEN IT'S WORKING IS TEN THOUSANDS MILES AWAY FROM FIIO X3 DAC, AND IT DON'T DESERVE IT TO HAVE A SO POOR SUPPORT ! (sorry this upset me a lot!!!)

I couldn't agree more, an otherwise fine (even excellent consider its price point) product is hampered by mediocre software support, disappointed.

Oct 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #15,230 of 18,652
I couldn't agree more, an otherwise fine (even excellent consider its price point) product is hampered by mediocre software support, disappointed.

Yes, I emailed them in the middle of september and they promised the final drivers will be out in September, and in late September they answered "very soon now"... Their words mean very little to me after all this struggling.

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #15,231 of 18,652
IMHO they should hire some enthusiasts like Dmitry as workers and make Mango UI fully "open source" for them only! That would be awesome and so could community give better feedback and resolve problems faster and get good new ideas/tweaks.

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #15,232 of 18,652
Other than being bound by SOC NDAs, I've never understood why any of these "boutique" manufacturers bother re-inventing the wheel and designing their own UI's/ firmwares. The results are always so amateurish.

I'm sure the first manufacturer to collaborate with the Rockbox codebase for their port would put out an excellent product.

After all, Android's success is built on the shoulders of existing technology (Linux).

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #15,233 of 18,652
When it comes to higher end IEMs or CIEMs, is the amp section of the DX50 sufficient? Also, would you guys recommend the cheap rubber cases that are sold on eBay?

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #15,234 of 18,652
Quote:
  I succeed to install win 7 64bits driver for DX50...

You can download signed drivers here https://mega.co.nz/#!21Z2wLDC!N0FowUEoO2InF4pSfYDx1C6Rfh9C7P15T7t5NipJqng

Extract them to your C:\ Drive (important), launch command prompt with admin rights, and go to step 5b.

Tuto from the scratch :

Thanks to this website : http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Research/tabid/62/EntryId/63/Sign-your-unsigned-drivers-Damn-It.aspx

1. Requirements

Go to www.microsoft.com/downloads, download and then install the Windows SDK for Windows 7 
Go to www.microsoft.com/downloads, download and then install the Windows Driver Kit 7.1.0
Go to www.ibasso.com, download and then extract beta driver of DX50 to C:\IbassoSigned (Important to create a directory with this name !!!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the next steps open a command prompt with admin rights
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Sign AD DX50 driver

cd /d "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Bin"

makecert -r -sv C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.pvk -n CN="IbassoUnofficial" C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.cer

cert2spc C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.cer C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.spc

pvk2pfx -pvk C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.pvk -pi ibasso -spc C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.spc -pfx C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.pfx -po ibasso

cd /d "C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\bin\selfsign"

inf2cat.exe /driver:"C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad" /os:7_X64 /verbose

signtool sign /f C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.pfx /p ibasso /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll /v C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\mangoadwinusba64.cat

3. Sign USB DX50 driver

makecert -r -sv C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.pvk -n CN="IbassoUnofficial" C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.cer

cert2spc C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.cer C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.spc

pvk2pfx -pvk C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.pvk -pi ibasso -spc C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.spc -pfx C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.pfx -po ibasso

cd /d "C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\bin\selfsign"

inf2cat.exe /driver:"C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb" /os:7_X64 /verbose

signtool sign /f C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.pfx /p ibasso /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll /v C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\mango_usb.cat

4. Install Certificat AD DX50 driver

certmgr.exe -add C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.cer -s -r localMachine ROOT

certmgr.exe -add C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad\IbassoAdDrivers.cer -s -r localMachine TRUSTEDPUBLISHER

5. Install Certificat USB DX50 driver

certmgr.exe -add C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.cer -s -r localMachine ROOT

certmgr.exe -add C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb\IbassoUsbDrivers.cer -s -r localMachine TRUSTEDPUBLISHER

Go Directly to part 6.

5b. Install Certificats USB et AD (only if you are comming from my downloaded signed drivers https://mega.co.nz/#!21Z2wLDC!N0FowUEoO2InF4pSfYDx1C6Rfh9C7P15T7t5NipJqng )

Open Windows explorer and go directly to C: / IBassoSigned / x64 / mango_ad and double click on the file IbassoAdDrivers.cer , then let all default option, click on Next buttons until it close.

Do the same with USB drivers : Open Windows explorer and go directly to C: / IBassoSigned / x64 / mango_usb and double click on the file IbassoUsbDrivers.cer , then let all default option, click on Next buttons until it close.

Now the drivers are signed and cerificated so you can install them

6. Allow Windows To use this "kind" of signed driver

Always with command prompt and admin rights: 

bcdedit /set testsigning on

Restart your Windows

Your Windows is in test mode (lower down corner)
Install the two drivers with command prompt and admin rights :

cd /d "C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_ad"

pnputil -a mango_ad.inf

cd /d "C:\IbassoSigned\x64\mango_usb"

pnputil -a mango_usb.inf

Restart your Windows

Plug your DX50 with USB DAC Mode enable, and enjoy !

7.Some hint to avoid Blue Screen Of Death

- don't put your ibasso DAC as default sound system (use a media player, like the excellent MusicBee, where you can choose your audio output)
- don't use the ibasso's dedicated sound volume control
- if you shutdown your windows OS, close the media player software and unplug usb ibasso
- if your system crashes, don't forget to unplug the dx50 and plug it when your PC is on windows Desktop

Use it at your own risks, and sorry for my english (i'm from France), if there is something missing or need some help, send me a PM or post in this thread.

AND PLEASE IBASSO's STAFF, SPEND ONE OR TWO HOURS ON THIS screwING DRIVERS, THAT's A SHAME TO DO ALL THIS S**T TO MAKE A POOR DRIVER WORKING. DX50 IS A WONDERFULL PRODUCT, DAC WHEN IT'S WORKING IS TEN THOUSANDS MILES AWAY FROM FIIO X3 DAC, AND IT DON'T DESERVE IT TO HAVE A SO POOR SUPPORT ! (sorry this upset me a lot!!!)

Good Luck !
Thank you very much bro i wait this for a long time

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #15,235 of 18,652
  When it comes to higher end IEMs or CIEMs, is the amp section of the DX50 sufficient? Also, would you guys recommend the cheap rubber cases that are sold on eBay?

Can`t comment on high-end IEMs & CIEMs but those cheap rubber "cases" are definitely better than stock rubber sleeve - thicker, smoother and buttons are on level with sleeve itself.
I bought this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-Case-for-iBasso-DX50-DX90-HiFi-Music-Player-/171330372118?pt=UK_MP3_Players_Accessories_Cases_Covers_Skins&var=&hash=item27e4160216

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #15,237 of 18,652

It drives them just perfectly fine. You can use the gain switch to your advantage as well.

A case would be smart as the case gets scratched over time. I personally don't mind as I don't plan to sell it but I guess it might be a good idea.

Cheers,
k

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #15,240 of 18,652
  OS doesn't shows the iBasso between the playback devices!

Try using ASIO4ALL for that. It should open up in there and You should be able to set buffer and latency also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back